i would really like to talk to some asexuals. sumtimes i jus feel isolated
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 963 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 05:30 pm
What is your definition of asexual? Are you a person who has chosen not to have sex or one who feels no sexuality?
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 06:53 pm
Are you a eunich?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 07:17 pm
Does it count as being asexual if you just can't get laid? If so, I'm with you, my brother.
0 Replies

bode jode

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 10:15 am
i feel no sexuality.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 10:57 am
When I googled "asexual groups" I came up with a few likely places.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 11:08 am
There's a significant portion of the human poplulation, that is asexual and feels no attraction to either the male or female gender.

It's considered to be normal to be asexual, as it is considered normal to be homosexual.

So if you're asexual, don't worry, there are others who also have this sexual orientation (or lack thereof ).
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 10:37 pm
I think there was recently a 60 minutes story on this topic. It may have been a different evening show of the same type. Did anyone catch it.? I was just flipping through channels. It seems like it was about 2 weeks ago.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 07:30 am
No, I never saw it.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 07:17 pm
Re: asexuality
bode jode wrote:
You'll hopefully be relieved to know that you can have a feeling of isolation no matter what your sexuality is. Putting the sexuality to the side, I would be interested in knowing what activities you are involved with. If you are involved in different groups or activities with other people, the feeling of isolation as such should be diminished. This is not to say that at times you will not feel alone or even lonely (even in large crowds of people you are familiar with); however, by having interaction with others on a regular basis you may well feel less isolated.

Join a club or group...it could be a book reading group, a sports group, a civic association...just get involved and get out of that lost feeling.
0 Replies

bode jode

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 08:01 pm
thanks but actually, being with people alot just makes it worse Sad :wink:
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 10:54 pm
So when you say asexual, does that mean that you've never in your life had the urge to have sex or masturbate?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 03:05 am
Sturgis wrote:
bode jode wrote:
You'll hopefully be relieved to know that you can have a feeling of isolation no matter what your sexuality is. Putting the sexuality to the side, I would be interested in knowing what activities you are involved with. If you are involved in different groups or activities with other people, the feeling of isolation as such should be diminished. This is not to say that at times you will not feel alone or even lonely (even in large crowds of people you are familiar with); however, by having interaction with others on a regular basis you may well feel less isolated.

Join a club or group...it could be a book reading group, a sports group, a civic association...just get involved and get out of that lost feeling.

You're talking about "social anxiety", while the poster states, that he believes he's "asexual". Asexuality is normal, while
social anxiety is a readily curable pathology.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 07:25 am
Miller wrote:

You're talking about "social anxiety", while the poster states, that he believes he's "asexual". Asexuality is normal, while
social anxiety is a readily curable pathology.

I was referring to the feeling of being isolated. At the time, it appeared as if the poster was not interacting with others and that is what I was responding to. I in fact stand by my original idea since the poster would benefit from interaction as it would take away feeling isolated due to the matter of sexuality. Further, it was evidenced by bode.jode's response to me that there is also a certain level of social anxiety: "Being with a lot of people just makes it worse." I have proposed that getting out into the world and interacting with others will take bode.jode out of the continued inner thoughts on sexuality. Over time, by taking part in various activities, bode.jode may well meet other asexual persons or hear of others and thus feel less isolated as an asexual person.

A side note to Bode Jode...I know of 2 persons who say they are asexual, so you are not alone in this.
0 Replies