Does it Rain Every Day in Cancun in October??

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 05:42 am
We planned our trip to Mexico....Oct 15-20. But the weather forcast shows rain every day from here til the 12th...chances are good that it will show rain up to our vacation...

Does anyone know....is it normally like this in October? Should we expect a rainy vacation? Or does it rain for an hour and then it's done?

Thanks for any input.

Not that I am cancelling my trip but I'd like to be prepared.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,820 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Tico

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 06:01 am
Quote:
CANCUN RAINY SEASONS

If you are on the Caribbean Sea coast during the rainy season then it can rain everyday for days on end. Generally it just rains for a short part of the day and if you are really lucky it may not rain at all.

The likelihood is that it will rain, after all it is the rainy season. Inland however it is a different story and although it may rain almost everyday it tends to rain at the same time of the day for a short period [1 hr or less]. In July and August this can actually be a refreshing experience that enhances your expedition.

When it does rain everything tends to dry up very quickly because of the heat. It can sometimes rain quite heavily then an hour after the rainfall you would not even know it rained at all.

Rainy seasons occour:

October - January
April - July

from here

One year we vacationed in Recife, Brazil. Every morning at 10, there was a torrential downpour, but it was over by 10:30. You quickly get used to it. If you're outside, you head for a palapa or just strip to your bathing suit and enjoy a free spa treatment. Very Happy
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 06:28 am
Thanks Tico...

I am excited to go and didn't really think about the weather until after the facat.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 10:06 am
So...the rainy season is every month except for 4? Wow.
0 Replies