What waterboarding looks like

snood

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 03:58 am
We've all heard the term, "waterboarding", but I wasn't aware of what it really was, until I came accross this actual picture of an actual Kmher Rouge waterboard and a graphic representation of how it was used...

http://www.davidcorn.com/archives/Waterboard1-small.jpg

http://www.davidcorn.com/archives/Waterboard3-small.jpg

Not torture, but "alternative techniques", huh?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,370 • Replies: 30
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 04:21 am
Waterboarding is against written US policy.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 04:25 am
Thank you Brandon. That's nice to know.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 11:59 am
I'm not so sure of that.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 03:21 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:

Yet done so often.

It's torture.

All this stupid euphemism crap is lying, plain and simple.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 03:36 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:

so is f*cking one of your pages....
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 10:56 am
Quote:
According to the sources, CIA officers who subjected themselves to the water boarding technique lasted an average of 14 seconds before caving in. They said al Qaeda's toughest prisoner, Khalid Sheik Mohammed, won the admiration of interrogators when he was able to last between two and two-and-a-half minutes before begging to confess.

Source

Used by the CIA, but against US policy?

Chertoff even stated that it can be used in certain circumstances.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 11:06 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Makes me wonder why Studds was allowed to stay in office. Foley just talked dirty to one and he resigned his position. Guee that's the difference between the Republicans and Democrats in congress. When Dem get caught, they just keep doing what they do while Republicans resign for far less serious reasons.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 11:23 am
Yeah, they're obviously the more morally upright, with the most integrity. Obviously.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 12:10 pm
obviously indeed.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 02:31 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:

As already discussed on this board, waterboarding is prohibited in the Army Field Manual called "Human Intelligence Collector Operations."
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 06:21 pm
Yeah - we gotcha Brandon - its against the rules. Noted.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 06:51 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Makes me wonder why Studds was allowed to stay in office. Foley just talked dirty to one and he resigned his position. Guee that's the difference between the Republicans and Democrats in congress. When Dem get caught, they just keep doing what they do while Republicans resign for far less serious reasons.

I agree. First sign of unpleasantness and republicans cut and run. Pussies. Are these really the people you want leading the country in a never ending crusade against terror?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 08:52 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

I agree. First sign of unpleasantness and republicans cut and run. Pussies. Are these really the people you want leading the country in a never ending crusade against terror?

No, the first sign that they have been caught they resign from their position instead of just plowing on like it never happened. Your all wet on your analogy there bear.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 09:22 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

As already discussed on this board, waterboarding is prohibited in the Army Field Manual called "Human Intelligence Collector Operations."

The CIA wipes their asses with the Army Field Manual.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 09:46 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Cite your source.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 09:59 pm
Here's how a prison for slammite terrorists would operate if I were in charge of things.

For starters, the guy running such a prison would be a hog farmer, and a cell without (other) pigs in it would be a reward for useful information, and it would have to be really, really useful. Otherwise, they'd sit there with a bunch of pigs all day and when feeding time came around, they'd get down on their hands and knees and fight for space at the trough with all the other pigs. Oh yeah, there'd be somebody there with a camera to snap pictures of them to send back to their families, so they'd know how they were getting along.

No korans, no prayer rugs, no call to prayer. no cell phones, nothing, except possibly for language classes to learn the language of their new surroundings: "Oink oink oink oink oink oink.........."
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 05:31 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Cite your source.

Are you saying that the CIA uses the Army Field Manual as a guideline for interrogations?

http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0920/p01s02-uspo.html

Quote:
The new Army Field Manual would protect detainees from several of the disputed techniques, such as waterboarding. But the manual does not pertain to CIA interrogators, who operate outside the military chain of command.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 05:41 am
snood wrote:
Yeah - we gotcha Brandon - its against the rules. Noted.

That was damn funny, snood.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 06:13 am
Yay - I got a laugh!
0 Replies