neologist

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 09:10 pm
@MWal,
Are you saying that any desire, no matter how vicious or perverted, is safe in Heaven?

Explain
glent9

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 07:33 am
@RexRed,
An evil society is a Godless society that supports wars and creates great suffering for millions.
MWal

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 09:08 am
@neologist,
No I am saying their no is no such thing as a vicious desire. A rapist doesn't want it, a murderer doesn't want it, a theif doesnt want it they are all shaded in ignorance. The only things we want are happiness and satisfaction.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 10:27 am
@glent9,
Nonsense, virtually all societies with "official" religions go to war, and they claim to do it with their god's blessings.
MWal

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 10:40 am
@JLNobody,
What do you mean war? I know certain virtues like deceleration, and morality make up war, so war is made of virtue and hate together, you gotta extract that virtues from war and let no love not live.

Anyhow, just because everyone goes to war doesn't make it right. Really it depends where you stand with it.
0 Replies

MWal

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 10:41 am
@JLNobody,
What do you mean war? I know certain virtues like deceleration, and morality make up war, so war is made of virtue and hate together, you gotta extract that virtues from war and let no love not live.

Anyhow, just because everyone goes to war doesn't make it right. Really it depends where you stand with it. Then again its a competition and good needs to reign no competition. War is very evil.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 12:28 pm
@JLNobody,
It's not only war, but also in sports - and probably business ventures.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 09:57 pm
@MWal,
Do you think I was justifying war?
MWal

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 09:38 am
@JLNobody,
I am to a degree. The things that make up war are goodly, and needs saving. I am just saying.
0 Replies

MWal

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 06:23 pm
The lack of love, happiness, salvation is the root of evil. What to root of hate? Nothing? No root.
Lash

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 07:00 pm
@MWal,
Question: If a baby's first response to the world is selfishness - crying and screaming to get what he needs - isn't our intrinsic selfishness the root to hate, evil, and other negative traits?
MWal

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 08:02 pm
@Lash,
The truth is evil may hold no truth what so ever, we gain no knowledge from it, its inexplicable and rooted in nothing.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 12:56 pm
Quote:
Topic title: Define Evil

Well, in another A2K thread I posted a picture of Jesus rescuing a prostitute from a mob who wanted to kill her, and I also posted a pic of him comforting an ill beggar.
Yet amazingly some people voted the pics down!
Are they just evil people or what?
RexRed

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 05:48 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:

Well, in another A2K thread I posted a picture of Jesus rescuing a prostitute from a mob who wanted to kill her, and I also posted a pic of him comforting an ill beggar.

Maybe it was too stark. I did not see them so I do not know or maybe you have a following of haters. Attitude is everything here on A2K.

I know most people think I am crazy here and for the most part they are right but they are kind enough to cut me some slack and for this I really love and care for the members of this forum.

I have a few people here, it is well known that I dislike but I would welcome them in a moment if they were just to change their greedy and selfish attitudes.

Still waters bring ships from afar... rr
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 06:04 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:

Maybe they're not evil...maybe they simply disagree with presenting depictions of scenes in the bible as evidence.
RexRed

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 06:16 pm
@Germlat,
Yep that would do it, nothing like fervent belief in unsubstantiated dogma.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 06:26 pm
@Lash,
A baby's crying and screaming is a natural protective mechanism from abandonment, evil deeds most often require evil intent.

A baby is incapable of evil intent because we are all born innocent. Evil is learned and then these natural protective mechanisms are twisted and used to justify the unthinkable.
Smileyrius

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 07:05 pm
@RexRed,
Interestingly the scriptures speak of "the day of one's death is better than the day of one's birth" Ecclesiastes 7:1

If evil is nothing but the word we give to a lack of goodness, just as cold is the word we give to a lack of heat, it makes sense that we are actually all born "evil" and our goodness that is measured is what we must choose to become.

I would go as far as to suggest that evil is not learned, it is merely our inclination until we learn goodness
RexRed

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 07:13 pm
@Smileyrius,
Smileyrius wrote:

Interestingly the scriptures speak of "the day of one's death is better than the day of one's birth" Ecclesiastes 7:1

If evil is nothing but the word we give to a lack of goodness, just as cold is the word we give to a lack of heat, it makes sense that we are actually all born "evil" and our goodness that is measured is what we must choose to become.

I would go as far as to suggest that evil is not learned, it is merely our inclination until we learn goodness

Leave it to the Bible to superimpose sin upon the innocent and likewise compare the miracle of birth and new life to that of a passing loved one...

One more big reason to doubt the integrity of the book.

The Bible kicks out the goodness of human nature like a stool so it can make people dependent upon its chauvinist hierarchy. Nothing more than theocratically imposed human bondage and fear mongering tactics imposed by religious liars and thieves of people's souls.
neologist

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 07:18 pm
@Germlat,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Germlat wrote:
Maybe they're not evil...maybe they simply disagree with presenting depictions of scenes in the bible as evidence.
Or, it could be that the passage Romeo is so fond of relating in John 7:53-8:11, is not John's writing and, although plausible, is not part of the Bible.