RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 07:21 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Topic title: Define Evil
Well, in another A2K thread I posted a picture of Jesus rescuing a prostitute from a mob who wanted to kill her, and I also posted a pic of him comforting an ill beggar.
Yet amazingly some people voted the pics down!
Are they just evil people or what?
Germlat wrote:
Maybe they're not evil...maybe they simply disagree with presenting depictions of scenes in the bible as evidence.
Or, it could be that the passage Romeo is so fond of relating in John 7:53-8:11, is not John's writing and, although plausible, is not part of the Bible.


If you can use that logic to ostracize a verse or two then nothing in the book is sure.
0 Replies
 
Smileyrius
 
  1  
Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 07:25 pm
@RexRed,
some read the bible and see fear, others hope. If a god were to have had it penned, I imagine it was intended as a rorschach test for the condition of the heart.
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 07:41 pm
@Smileyrius,
Smileyrius wrote:

some read the bible and see fear, others hope. If a god were to have had it penned, I imagine it was intended as a rorschach test for the condition of the heart.


Religion blinds people from seeing the error of their holy books. It is not a dichotomy, religion is a parasite that feeds upon hope to justify itself.
room109
 
  1  
Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 11:25 pm
@RexRed,
from what perpective should i define it?, i am simply unconcerned. now concerned for you, why? are you experinceing evil?
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 12:37 am
@room109,
room109 wrote:

from what perpective should i define it?, i am simply unconcerned. now concerned for you, why? are you experinceing evil?



No, I am a happy go lucky guy who does not believe in Gods or demons. I am not an atheist but an agnostic. I specifically do not believe in the Abrahamic religions because the holy books are clearly unreliable for truth.

Any theoretical "God" is more a part of accurate science and not biblical to me. Though I perceive there is some truth in the Bible there is more truth in many other secular writings. I love mysticism just because it seems interesting and alluring but I only take it so far and then it becomes foolishness to me.

Avid faith in these religious systems to me seems more the root of evil rather than the cure.

Science and reason are the cure for religious disillusionment.

I may have a few screws loose at times but I am okay and happy with my coexistence with this world and many of the beautiful good hearted people here on our awesome planet.

I sometimes enjoy objective biblical discussions, minus the religious freak factor. Once that religious freak factor comes out I am totally turned off.
Smileyrius
 
  2  
Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 02:44 am
@RexRed,
perception is each to his own. I wish you well Rex
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 09:53 am
@Smileyrius,
Smileyrius wrote:

perception is each to his own. I wish you well Rex


Perception requires depth and understanding, careful observation of evidence and rigorous scrutiny of facts and statistics, not simply blind faith.

I wish you well too. Smile
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 11:16 am
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
I specifically do not believe in the Abrahamic religions because the holy books are clearly unreliable for truth.
Smileyrius wrote:
perception is each to his own. I wish you well Rex
RexRed wrote:
Perception requires depth and understanding, careful observation of evidence and rigorous scrutiny of facts and statistics, not simply blind faith.I wish you well too. Smile
It's been apparent to me that your core reason for rejecting Abrahamic religion is your perception that God has no remedy for your mental anguish.

But, he does.
room109
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 11:34 am
@RexRed,
o, thanks for the information. as a reply to it i would say igorance is evil in a certain form, negligence in evil in another form. and on the mystical thing, if gods and demons were true, should we serve them? and even if they threaten us still should we serve them? and even if it were true that we could be throw into torment still should we serve them? and even still if they offer us the most pleasant, we ask should we serve them?, they never reveal themselfs fully? what whould be their objective? and if they were to reveal their knowelge still should we serve them? ha ha.

as an angonstic be capable of perceving all mental perceptions, assume for a momment if you will the views of others either highly vauled and lowly vauled, inbetween these two values or beyound these two values, value also is or can be seen as a mental perception. the implacations are a extrem thing and also negligence is a extreme thing, depending on the mind of the viewer ofcource, the mind depending on the subtle mind, the subtle mind depending on the will or the driveing force, the drive force depending on the nessectiy for physical function or functioning as a means to the gratification of desire whether base or pure. but base and pure is also a value system, and this value system represented in god and demon, prehaps? value as in the form of good and evil, moral and immoral are they prehaps tools of control and power? what is binding you the most? is it prehaps god and demon? ha ha god and demon in any form ofcource.

is that of ant help?
i tried...
0 Replies
 
Germlat
 
  2  
Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 05:11 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

Smileyrius wrote:

perception is each to his own. I wish you well Rex


Perception requires depth and understanding, careful observation of evidence and rigorous scrutiny of facts and statistics, not simply blind faith.

I wish you well too. Smile

There's a minority here agreeing ...
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 05:20 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

RexRed wrote:
I specifically do not believe in the Abrahamic religions because the holy books are clearly unreliable for truth.
Smileyrius wrote:
perception is each to his own. I wish you well Rex
RexRed wrote:
Perception requires depth and understanding, careful observation of evidence and rigorous scrutiny of facts and statistics, not simply blind faith.I wish you well too. Smile
It's been apparent to me that your core reason for rejecting Abrahamic religion is your perception that God has no remedy for your mental anguish.

But, he does.


The Abrahamic God is the cause of most of the world's mental anguish and division.

Hell is a nice place Neo, huh?

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Comment: Sound cheery and uplifting? Does this verse make your spirit soar and your heart pound with joyfulness? Does it make you want to go out today and create good works?

Perhaps Peter did not write this verse... (cynical) Smile
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 07:00 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
. . .The Abrahamic God is the cause of most of the world's mental anguish and division.

Hell is a nice place Neo, huh?
No such thing as torment in hell, Rex. I thought you understood that.
RexRed wrote:
2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Comment: Sound cheery and uplifting? Does this verse make your spirit soar and your heart pound with joyfulness? Does it make you want to go out today and create good works?
You do know that the 'heavens' Peter refers to are the worldly governments and the works of the earth are the works of mankind separated from God?
RexRed wrote:
Perhaps Peter did not write this verse... (cynical) Smile
Perhaps Rex does not understand this verse. (logical) Very Happy
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 09:10 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

RexRed wrote:
. . .The Abrahamic God is the cause of most of the world's mental anguish and division.

Hell is a nice place Neo, huh?
No such thing as torment in hell, Rex. I thought you understood that.
RexRed wrote:
2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Comment: Sound cheery and uplifting? Does this verse make your spirit soar and your heart pound with joyfulness? Does it make you want to go out today and create good works?
You do know that the 'heavens' Peter refers to are the worldly governments and the works of the earth are the works of mankind separated from God?
RexRed wrote:
Perhaps Peter did not write this verse... (cynical) Smile
Perhaps Rex does not understand this verse. (logical) Very Happy


People can all fly away into paradise while well all live here in existence. rr
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 10:58 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
. . . People can all fly away into paradise while well all live here in existence. rr
Romeo wants to fly. I hope to stay right here.
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 06:39 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

RexRed wrote:
. . . People can all fly away into paradise while well all live here in existence. rr
Romeo wants to fly. I hope to stay right here.


There is heaven, paradise and reality...
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 07:20 am
Let's Fly Away
http://www.reverbnation.com/rexredmusicartist/song/21477851-lets-fly-away
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 10:27 am
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
There is heaven, paradise and reality...
What are you saying, Rex?
HexHammer
 
  1  
Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 10:56 am
@RexRed,
RexRed
http://able2know.org/topic/83595-2#post-2288345

What you write is pure nonsense and babble, fit for a mental ward.

Can shrinks use that definitions? ..no? ..can court of law? ..no! ..can any one but fairytale writes ..maybe.

Get your head straight and come back and do sound philosophy in a few years.
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 03:26 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

RexRed
http://able2know.org/topic/83595-2#post-2288345

What you write is pure nonsense and babble, fit for a mental ward.

Can shrinks use that definitions? ..no? ..can court of law? ..no! ..can any one but fairytale writes ..maybe.

Get your head straight and come back and do sound philosophy in a few years.


The very definition of agnosticism is an unsure mind. Hitler had a sure mind. Apparently you seem sure of your own philosophy too.

I have not claimed the Bible devoid of all truth. I do claim that the Bible is not purely the way to God.

I am not the first person to philosophize and entertain the allegory of the sun, its light and good and evil.

As an agnostic I will continue to drift from religious landscape to religious landscape. I did not say knowing God was impossible, I just think our attempts so far have not been successful.

It seems you would rather me philosophize once I have a closed mind.
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 04:01 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

RexRed wrote:
There is heaven, paradise and reality...
What are you saying, Rex?


I am not ignoring you I just want to post a long response and I would like to incubate on the question a bit more.

Sometimes people forget that I am making this stuff up as I go along. lol Smile
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

700 Inconsistencies in the Bible - Discussion by onevoice
Why do we deliberately fool ourselves? - Discussion by coincidence
Spirituality - Question by Miller
Oneness vs. Trinity - Discussion by Arella Mae
give you chills - Discussion by Bartikus
Evidence for Evolution! - Discussion by Bartikus
Evidence of God! - Discussion by Bartikus
One World Order?! - Discussion by Bartikus
God loves us all....!? - Discussion by Bartikus
The Preambles to Our States - Discussion by Charli
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Define "Evil"...
  3. » Page 37
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 06/18/2019 at 09:14:10