MWal

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 04:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Still have no idea what your talking about?

All I said what do you call the evil in men. That's all.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 04:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You posted above,
Quote:
There's only moral, evil is dead or dying. Good kills it or it kills us. There can only be one.

What's the opposite of moral? LOL

You,
Quote:
evil is dead or dying

Quote:
e·vil
ˈēvəl/
adjective
profoundly immoral and malevolent.

Israel's people are immoral and malevolent; they kill hundreds of children.

You,
Quote:
Good kills it or it kills us.

huh? No common sense, no logic, no evidence, just your imagination based on zilch, nada, nothing.

These are examples from only one of your post. Conclusion; idiotic.

Quote:
id·i·ot·ic
ˌidēˈätik/
adjectiveinformal
very stupid.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 06:37 pm
I guess our beliefs have a lot to do with our definition of evil.

I don't believe evil exists like a shadow or some entity.

I believe evil only exists when we "do" it. We bring life to evil.

So, what makes evil different than just a momentary bad act - worse than the bad things most of us do every day?

The wiki defines evil as the opposite of good. Too vague. What makes the dog killing by an abused child different than the dog killing of an affluent kid who has never known want or pain?

Is there a difference?

The opposite of good? I might not be feeling so good right now. How many degrees from evil am I?

I was thinking, for me, evil is when someone seeks to harm. It's a desire to hurt - and finding an exciting pay-off, a turn on, glee - in hurting someone else.

The weird thing is - this is so prevalent. It's not some dark, sinister ghost terrorizing a sweet mid-western family... It's us and / or people we know everyday.

Unless you can convince me otherwise.Wink
0 Replies

kiuku

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 08:37 pm
evil is defined. It is defined in the bible. About wiki's definition: Defining something by it's opposite is a refutalism, meaning genuinely "undefined", as in the author, AND in general people, does and do not know it. Well, I know it. It is defined in the bible. I am not kidding around. People are not me. I'm a Lord, Lady but the implication means I am a throne, not a 'nice woman.' So I'll use the term Lord to apply to myself.

Lord is the term other people should use when talking to me like an abbreviation before a last name. That's my actual title.

Lord: what is evil?

Evil is called enmity, what is placed between the snake and the Man.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 08:42 pm
@kiuku,
What kind of drugs are you on? I want to try some, to get giggly idiotic for a few minutes to see how it feels. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Shocked
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 10:44 pm
The only evil in the world is ignorance, or better still, the workings of the second law of thermodynamics...but evil is necessary for change. A perfect equilibrated system is boring and information null.
kiuku

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 09:50 am
@cicerone imposter,
obviously people have thought this, but no I'm actually 100% naturally like this. That's my natural demeanor which I was born with, and this is my gift from God, since 2010. While faciciously stated, it's basically that people are now following me into bathrooms to discover a drug that does not exist. My natural demeanor is real, I guess that too is a gift however, I've been a Stoic philosopher for a long time on top of my nature, and then I have this gift from God 2010 which may or may not have anything to do with my nature. But many have put the two together and have taken to believing there is a drug and there is no drug.

I'm basically under constant surveillance. They've been looking for a drug-when are they going to give up? You can't buy this. Buy my species, which is a mystery right now. I've been speculating about my father, obviously, my father is not a human, then.

There's basically no drug, and this is a holy gift from God. These people have known me long enough to know what my nature is. This is a gift from God and not a drug, where based on my nature they speculate, it's bizarre for people to do that when they know what my nature is. And the pain of being stalked and followed, day in and day out, when I've illogicated them, which is that I've taught them that there is no drug, and I've taught them plenty: they need to stop following me around like that.

You cannot really buy it. I'm a test tube baby possibly according to undercover names. You can buy it for someone else, but, the soul itself has to climb into that body.
0 Replies

kiuku

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 10:27 am
Tutor:

Something defined by its opposite:

A. Draw one line
B. Draw the opposite line
C. Euclid's axioms state third line exists

=isosceles triangle

Something defined by its opposite is a refutalism. It means undefined. So wiki means to leave it undefined. It means to leave it a triangle.

Isosceles triangle=Undefined

However, putting it altogether I'm pretty sure my concept of evil is defined, it is defined in the bible, for instance, and elsewhere. The concept is real. It is when somebody hates something for no apparent reason. We call it evil when there is no reason for it, no equitable reason. It's really not a fancy definition. What is it though, something God did to people to teach them a lesson about who is God and who is Man. They knew good from evil, or did they? see it's basically showing that this tree was a trick anyway, definitely not realistic knowledge of good and evil. Man continues to harm himself; therefore he is not God nor will he ever be capable of God.
0 Replies

MWal

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 10:48 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Hate, and imperfection are no good like ignorance. Danger, anger, sorrow. The titans.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 12:37 pm
Expanding on my previous comment and backing up cicerone here

The biggest mistake that people make is that they define evil as a thing. Evil is not the opposite of good in the same way that cold is not the opposite of heat. Cold is the name we give to the absence of heat. We can measure heat, but cold is relative to the individual. The same principle can be used for light and dark. Light is measurable, whereas dark is not, therefore light is a thing, dark is not.
So applying this principle, evil is not a thing, but a word we use to describe a lack of goodness. The only caveat that I add is that goodness is measured differently according to culture and belief system.
Smileyrius

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 12:38 pm
@neologist,
pleasure to be back my friend *slow motion fistpump*
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 03:02 pm
@Smileyrius,
Oh but I can pretty much do it according to what I said and according to what you said...

...Evil is the absence of order.
...on the other hand this is debatable because we cannot compute what absence of order is other then in relation to our knowledge, it might well be that absence of order for us is just complex order in itself...to much complex for our minds so that we see it as background noise. But then of course judgement, resolution, is the reason we speak of evil in the first place...we hate open doors.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 03:05 pm
For those of you who dare speak to much on what God is I leave you with this:
0 Replies

kiuku

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 03:13 pm
I do remark though, I've never taken -any- drugs, though-this is a very good point-why I'm by all remarks a saint, basically, that I've never done any drugs, including medicine-I had my wisdom teeth removed, I had them removed without anasthetic, I refused the removal of my appendix by choice, and so on, i've never taken any female pills either, so, just saying; no I don't think other people are my equal. It's basically that I'm amish. I basically don't take drugs, or modern pharmaceuticals so I'm basically absent of an evil that other people are not in greater society, making me a saint.

It's basically that I don't take other people seriously; why they have a problem with me.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 03:19 pm
@NickFun,
Does that include Euthanasia? Abortion following rape? Those both oppose life. What about incarceration of criminals? That causes suffering to the offspring of criminals and criminals themselves. Sorry...too neat and too vague.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 09:49 pm
I don't know if I've said something like the following before: "bad" (like worse) is relative contrasting in usage to "good" (or better). "Evil" is used as an absolute , God being its metaphorical expression. I guess "The Good" is used as an absolute in Greek philosophy.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 11:33 am
People won't behave if they have nothing to lose.
Lash

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 03:39 pm
@RexRed,
You're wrong. I'm so sad people believe this.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 06:30 pm
@RexRed,
Some will convince themselves there is nothing to lose so they will have license to do as they please.
MWal

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 06:49 pm
@neologist,
What do you mean do as they please. Ever heard the theory that our desires and wishes are safe in Heaven, and our desire is Heaven. Meaning we all want the same thing, and it has nothing to do with bad. Desire be safe.