My Wife has admitted feelings for another man - follow up

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 07:53 pm
Hi all - my sincerest thanks for your advice on my dilemma - it has really been helpful in me trying to unwrangle what my feelings are towards this situation.
I have said to my wife that I think that I don't really need to know when she has feelings towards another man in the future, except if she felt that she needed to act upon them. Funnily enough, she said that she wants to know if I ever have any feelings for someone else, regardless of where I might intend for the relationship to go! No to worry. She has admitted to me that she would not have handled this situation the same way & that she probably would have lost the plot.
I am getting more and more confident that there will be no further developments in my wife and her male colleagues relationship - in fact my wife is talking about moving on from the organisation anyway.
I just need to stop being so touchy when she talks about him, particularly about his failing relationship with his fiance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,861 • Replies: 2
No top replies

eoe

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 08:11 pm
Re: My Wife has admitted feelings for another man - follow u
Ryan Samson wrote:
I just need to stop being so touchy when she talks about him, particularly about his failing relationship with his fiance.

Why? Why should you have to hear about this person or be expected to have any interest in him at all? Especially under the circumstances? I'd let her know that. Honesty and openness goes both ways.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 08:35 pm
Re: My Wife has admitted feelings for another man - follow u
Ryan Samson wrote:
She has admitted to me that she would not have handled this situation the same way & that she probably would have lost the plot.
I am getting more and more confident that there will be no further developments in my wife and her male colleagues relationship

Or maybe, this was part of the plot all along...her tongue slipped, but now that she's got your ears all buttered up she can go back to work.

Alright, that was a joke...but in all seriousness, just keep it in the back of your mind that it may not all be quite that simple. Emotions are not so easily brushed aside. She may want to brush them aside, and she may have the strength to do it, but you also don't know what kind of coercive pressures she might be under in the future, and she might slip back. I'm not saying to be paranoid, for your sake you've got to trust her, but just keep it in the back of your mind that this might not be the end of the road.
0 Replies