Kathy, I'm lost, I said, though I knew she was sleeping.

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 03:23 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
a big fat bm

Don't be so hard on yourself, Dag. I think you have a LOVELY bottom.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 03:42 pm
Man I'm exhausted and glad my day is about over.

It took me all day to hitchike from Saginaw....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 03:46 pm
Your friend has quite a story, boomer..
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 04:10 pm
I'm just counting the cars on the New Jersey turnpike, osso. I couldn't make this girl up.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 07:51 pm
To continue....

Kathy came by the other day to tell me she had applied for a job. She was excited about it but worried.... they were going to make her take a urine test. She always failed those.

It seems that her tests always read high in cortisol and that seemed to bump her from consideration.

This is where skeptic me started listening.

I know a bit about the "dog brain" and cortisol, how the dog brain (limbic system) developes certain habits of cortisol response when it starts branching out into other areas of the brain.

Trying not to lead, I mentioned a study I had read about frontal lobe injuries and changes in personality. I asked her if she had experienced a big change in her "self" after her accident.

Oh yes indeed, she said. I was very easy going before but I became very aggressive and sometimes violent following the accident. It has taken me years to learn to control it.

This is where I went from listening to hearing.

I'm much more of an interested bystander than a scientist but the things Kathy said fit in with what I have read over the years.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 08:02 pm
What you say makes sense, boom. In the meantime, it seems hard to me to connect her with someone who will not take advantage
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 08:07 pm
She sees ghosts?
Brain injury?
Learning to control?

Well maybe its not you making things up, but her.
You never know.
Could be.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 08:09 pm
Well it's pretty easy for someone to read my mind.

If I'm breathing, that means I'm thinking about dwarves.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 08:10 pm
Yes, she could be making things up. That thought has crossed my mind.

Taking advantage though.... Hmmm... I can only ask myself "of what?". Ice water and a patio chair? We don't live in a way that people would notice.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 03:25 am
You've got that real estate there in your bag, boomerang... Perhaps she's looking to link your fortunes together?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 07:53 am
I was too elliptical in what I posted. I meant that your friend really does have a good story that would make a movie, but that she might be taken advantage of by someone trying to produce a movie...
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 06:10 pm
Haha, yeah maybe she thinks her "mysterious" & weird ways will attract you somehow. She might be triying her hardest to draw you in with her weird stories. I think that might be it...
Or maybe she's just weird. Confused
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 07:11 pm
Sounds pretty straightforward to me so far. Interested in more.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 07:12 pm
(agree)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 07:21 pm
Hardeharharhar. Yep. She's totally drawing me in, lol. Like, I don't even have a front door. Ha ha. You know, the kind I could shut to keep her out. Sad Ha ha.

Yes, osso, you flew right over my head! Completely! Her story is very much a movie of the week thing. Someone could totally steal it. There are some very central details that I have purposely left out as they are too identifiable. Also they are too real. That is why I'm trying to choose my words so carefully.

Deciding what to omit is hard.
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 07:24 pm
Do you don't want her to come over all the time & tell u weird stories? I thought you liked it....
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 09:41 pm
Don't pay attention to me right now.

I'm bringing this thread back up to remind me that I have a neat "Kathy" story to tell but I really don't have time to tell it right now because Mo needs to get to bed and Mr. B and I need to be fed.

I'll be back.....
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 09:45 pm
bookmark
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 09:52 pm
I had a girlfriend whose mind I could read easier than a book. I have some mild psychic abilities but with her they were way out there. I scared the hell out of her one day by reading her mind and telling her soemthing she was trying to keep secret. The relationship didn't last.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 11:01 pm
Hmmmmm..... where to start.....?

I guess I'll start by reminding everyone that I hate to shop. One of the reasons I hate it is because I'm hard to fit.

I'm neither fat nor thin. I'm curvy. Nothing fits right as things are made for the frail or the Rubenesque. If something fits here, it doesn't fit there. Conseqently my clothes tend to be baggy - if I fit the boobs and the hips it is too big in the torso and waist. I can go either clingy or loose so I go with loose. Back in my work days I took my clothes to a tailor to have them fitted because, really, nothing fits right.

"Kathy" and I don't do girl talk. We don't go shopping. We don't discuss fashion. Kathy, like me, is a tom girl. Clothes are something that keep you warm and keep you from getting arrested.

So when Kathy shows up at my house the other day with a pair of slacks it is a bit of a surprise. "I saw these at Goodwill and I thought of you", says Kathy.

I don't really consider them my "style" but I thank her, fold them, and place them on the dining room table while we wander off to discuss other things. Later, I unfold them, hold them up and consider them -- they look too long, too low rise, too not me.

But this morning I get up and put them on. And they fit. They fit perfectly. The length is just right, the rise is just right -- it's weird.

So I wear them.

And everyone tells me how great I look.

And everyone asks me if I've lost weight.

And everyone asks me if I've cut my hair or..... what?

It was really freaky.

I have a hard time buying socks for Mo and Mr. B that fit. Half the time I buy the wrong size underwear for myself.

Maybe it is something really simple that explains it.

I don't know.

It has me kind of freaked out.
0 Replies