The Holy month of Ramadan

McTag

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 01:45 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
McTag wrote:
Hey this tit-for-tat nonsense is misplaced on the thread entitled "The Holy Month of Ramadan".

Show a bit of respect for the beliefs of others, the same as you would wish for your own.

There are other threads to argue these views.

Seems a bit rich coming from you, McT ... what with your propensity to stir the poo over at the Bush Supporters thread. No?

Hi Tico, long time no see.

No.

This is a serious thread, following the intention of the author. I am not a religious guy, in any sense, but I will respect the religious convictions and opinions of others.

Bush supporters, on the other hand, are imo fair game, and can no doubt give as good as they get when it comes down to it.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 02:50 pm
Whatever double standards float your boat.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 03:34 pm
Whatever disingenuity floats yours.

Don't be a klutz all your life, T.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 04:23 pm
McTag wrote:
Whatever disingenuity floats yours.

Don't be a klutz all your life, T.

And you should make every effort to not be a pillock, McT.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 01:46 pm
McTag wrote:
Bush supporters, on the other hand, are imo fair game, and can no doubt give as good as they get when it comes down to it.

McT just aligned himself with terrorism. No surprise there.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 01:52 pm
cjhsa wrote:
McTag wrote:

McT just aligned himself with terrorism. No surprise there.

I think something of my message must have got lost in translation into redneck.
Could you explain this to him, Tico?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 01:53 pm
I turned redneck because they have more common sense than any backasswards upside down thinking libtard I EVER met.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 01:58 pm
Back to the theme of the thread, more or less, I saw this description of an encouraging development in Pakistan, a film critical of religious extremism getting big audiences there, soon to be released here too.

http://film.guardian.co.uk/features/featurepages/0,,2186106,00.html
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 02:00 pm
Big audiences of popular culture and radical Islam do not mix. History has shown it to be so....
0 Replies

muslim1

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 04:15 am
muslim1 wrote:
Eid-Ul-Fitr and Zakat-Ul-Fitr

By Prof. Ziauddin Ahmad

Eid-ul-Fitr is a day of thanksgiving and jubilation as it signifies the successful completion of the sacred month of Ramadan.

This festival marks the completion of an act of duty and devotion. It teaches us the lesson that real happiness arises from performing one's duty and making sacrifices for a noble objective.

Fasting is one of the most significant pillars of Islam. The practice of fasting sublimates the inner self of man and inculcates discernment of the pangs and hardships which the poor and needy face. This feeling is awakened in all those, whether rich or poor, young or old, who observe fasting. It is the loftiest achievement of moral exercises which is celebrated with the greatest zest and verve on the day of Eid-ul-Fitr.

All kinds of spiritual adorations during the sacred month of Ramadan are in celebration of the revelation of the last and perfect message of Allah to humanity, for the limitless and vast favor on mankind in the shape of the Glorious Qur'an and its implication in the dedication and devotion in the month of Ramadan to which the Divine Book had led. God says: "Allah has revealed to you the Book and Wisdom and taught you what you did not know before. Allah's goodness to you has been great indeed." [Glorious Qur'an 4:113]

There are multiple results of fasting (Siyam) in the shape of vigorous duties, moral and spiritual self-discipline and austerity. This reward equips man to swim in the roughest seas of life. It is in this concept that the Qur'an has clearly expressed the act of fasting as a blessing and not a calamity. Allah desires your well being, not your discomfort. He desires you to fast the whole of the month so that you may magnify Him for giving you His guidance, and that you may give thanks.

It is with this spirit of thanksgiving that Eid-ul-Fitr is observed all over the world by Muslim Ummah (Nation) by offering prayers to Allah, and rejoicing and festivity on the accomplishment of an act of dedication and submission to the Almighty. The Muslim Ummah meditates and pays obeisance to their Lord in congregation, displaying the real spirit of brotherhood, equality and fraternity through the prayers and through the zest of meeting and embracing the Muslim brothers.

On this happy occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr, we should pray to Allah to bless the Muslim Ummah.

We should not forget those who are afflicted with poverty, ignorance, disease and other misfortunes. Charity i.e. the Zakat-ul-Fitr is obligatory at the end of the fasting month i.e. Ramadan and should be compulsorily paid to the needy by every Muslim of means. The real happiness of Eid lies in sharing our happiness with others. Payment of fitrah to the poor and needy is obligatory. It has to be paid before Eid prayers.

May Allah Almighty accept our deeds, Amen.

Happy Eid!
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 06:51 am
And a happy Eid to you too, muslim1.

These aims seem laudable...I suppose it's worth putting up with some rowdy bahaviour down Wilmslow Road if folks are giving to charity and sharing their happiness.
I hope that's all they do, and not use the occasion to cock a snook at the coppers here.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 11:49 am
And happy Eid to you too Muslim1

Are there any vegetarian Muslims? If someone refused lamb or goat at Eid on the grounds they were vegetarian, would that be seen as an insult?
0 Replies

muslim1

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 04:54 am
Thank you McT and Steve for the greetings. Much appreciated.

Steve 41oo wrote:
Are there any vegetarian Muslims? If someone refused lamb or goat at Eid on the grounds they were vegetarian, would that be seen as an insult?

First, there are two Eids in Islam: Eid ul-Fitr (celebrating the end of Ramadan) and Eid ul-Adha (Eid of sacrifice, marking the end of the Hajj season). These days, we are celebrating the first, which does not require the sacrifice of a lamb or goat.

Secondly, A Muslim can be a very good Muslim despite being a pure vegetarian. It is not compulsory for a Muslim to have non-vegetarian food. However, there are many reasons why it is preferable for a human being to have also non-veg food. It is not the subject of the thread, but here is one:
If you observe the teeth of herbivorous animals like the cow, goat and sheep, you will find something strikingly similar in all of them. All these animals have a flat set of teeth i.e. suited for herbivorous diet. If you observe the set of teeth of the carnivorous animals like the lion or tiger, they all have a pointed set of teeth i.e. suited for a carnivorous diet. If you analyze the set of teeth of humans, you find that they have flat teeth as well as pointed teeth. Thus they have teeth suited for both herbivorous as well as carnivorous food i.e. they are omnivorous. One may ask, if Almighty Allah wanted humans to have only vegetables, why did He provide us also with pointed teeth? It is logical that He expected us to have both vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian food. Similarly, The digestive system of herbivorous animals can digest only vegetables. The digestive system of carnivorous animals can digest only meat. But the digestive system of humans can digest both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food. If Almighty Allah wanted us to have only vegetables then why did He give us a digestive system that can digest both vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian foods?

The Eid is a very happy occasion for Muslims in general and children in particular to wear new clothes, to visit each other.

Happy Eid once again.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 05:13 am
Happy Eid to all of my Muslim friends.

Enjoy your feasts and celebrations (and please bring left-overs to work next week - you promised!)
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 11:26 am
muslim1 wrote:
Thank you McT and Steve for the greetings. Much appreciated.

Steve 41oo wrote:

First, there are two Eids in Islam: Eid ul-Fitr (celebrating the end of Ramadan) and Eid ul-Adha (Eid of sacrifice, marking the end of the Hajj season). These days, we are celebrating the first, which does not require the sacrifice of a lamb or goat.

Secondly, A Muslim can be a very good Muslim despite being a pure vegetarian. It is not compulsory for a Muslim to have non-vegetarian food. However, there are many reasons why it is preferable for a human being to have also non-veg food. It is not the subject of the thread, but here is one:
If you observe the teeth of herbivorous animals like the cow, goat and sheep, you will find something strikingly similar in all of them. All these animals have a flat set of teeth i.e. suited for herbivorous diet. If you observe the set of teeth of the carnivorous animals like the lion or tiger, they all have a pointed set of teeth i.e. suited for a carnivorous diet. If you analyze the set of teeth of humans, you find that they have flat teeth as well as pointed teeth. Thus they have teeth suited for both herbivorous as well as carnivorous food i.e. they are omnivorous. One may ask, if Almighty Allah wanted humans to have only vegetables, why did He provide us also with pointed teeth? It is logical that He expected us to have both vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian food. Similarly, The digestive system of herbivorous animals can digest only vegetables. The digestive system of carnivorous animals can digest only meat. But the digestive system of humans can digest both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food. If Almighty Allah wanted us to have only vegetables then why did He give us a digestive system that can digest both vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian foods?
I shall ruminate on that.
0 Replies