Bush Supporters' Aftermath Thread III

hamburger

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 11:09 am
it's also interesting that richard perle and many other (previous) hawks are now lamenting the action taken by president bush .
these are (former) members of the bush inner circle that are apparently "beginning to see the light" - i wonder how they will now be described - turncoats ? traitors ? know-nothings ?
it will be interesting to see .
hbg
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 11:41 am
Well, and when you look at the original plans ... ...
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 11:44 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
okie is so dumb, I'm not sure why I bother, but mm wrote: Tell all of us,what competent legal authority,with the authority to rule on how the US conducts its affairs,has ruled this to be an "illegal" war?

The UN.

cicerone, calm down, you can save space by not shouting. Perhaps you should look up the word, "competent" and "legal authority." I don't know about you, but I don't think I know very many folks that recognize the U.N. as having any legal authority over what they do, or over what the country does to protect us. I feel rather compelled to obey the laws of the county, state, and country where I live, and I do not think any other authority supercedes what authority we have given this country to protect our God given rights and to protect our sovereignty.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 11:47 am
Quote:
but I don't think I know very many folks that recognize the U.N. as having any legal authority over what they do

Strangely enough, the elected government of our country disagrees with you on this issue.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 01:39 pm
okie, Not strangely, Cyclo has confirmed what most everybody else seems to understand except you. That was not "shouting," but to make sure you saw it, because you're so dumb and blind to the realities.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 03:38 pm
Who locked the thread? Miserable bastard. Now I forget what I was going to say back then.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 03:52 pm
okie wrote:
I don't know about you, but I don't think I know very many folks that recognize the U.N. as having any legal authority over what they do, or over what the country does to protect us. I feel rather compelled to obey the laws of the county, state, and country where I live, and I do not think any other authority supercedes what authority we have given this country to protect our God given rights and to protect our sovereignty.

If your country decides to attack another sovereign state over international boundaries and does this without regard to international law, and against the wishes of countries who would normally be considered allies, then I would suggest this should be a matter of some interest and concern even to the people who write here.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 03:58 pm
okie thinks we're a monolithic country without any concern for the international community - except when we want their help in the wars we start without their okay.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 05:18 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Well, and when you look at the original plans ... ...

Your link was of a rather ordinary POWERPOINT file containing the barest outline of military force assignments and objectives. Standard stuff, but hardly the detailed plan. It was purely a military plan that contained no reference to the internal political complexities of Iraq. That may or may not have been an adequate reflection of the overall plan. In any event, the political inadequacies of the plan as executed are obvious for all to see.

cicerone impostor wrote:
okie, Not strangely, Cyclo has confirmed what most everybody else seems to understand except you. That was not "shouting," but to make sure you saw it, because you're so dumb and blind to the realities.

I believe you should give some consideration to the relationship between the courtesy and respect you expect from others here, and the degree to which you exhibit these qualities yourself.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 06:37 pm
New topic: Bush Supporters' Aftermath IV
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=91498
0 Replies