Nightmare boss-talk

sakhi

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 05:27 am
AAAARGH!!

Just now she comes to my desk to tell me that she needs to leave early (why does need to tell me? I'm not her boss. And anyways, we don't have to askr managers if we are leaving early or whatever...). And she goes on to tell me why she needs to leave early..her 21 year old daughter is sick and wants to sleep. So she needs mommy to come home and hug her.

Some one tell me - does this qualify as harrassment... can i file a suit against her...report to HR?....Shocked Mad She;s been bugging me all day.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 05:30 am
You can bet if youi wanted to stay home and look after your partner it would be met with frowns!!

Im actually getting cover for lunch today!!
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 05:36 am
material girl wrote:
You can bet if you wanted to stay home and look after your partner it would be met with frowns!!!

Oh, she wouldn't mind one bit, actually. She's very lax and all...
Anyway, I don't have a problem getting a day off from work - no reasons required...It's quite a good place. It's just that if I take too many days off and dont plan things well enough ..all the work wil be hanging over me like the sword of damocles that's it..

And you have a nice lunch, material girl Smile
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 08:50 am
Just stopping by to gloat.....

I work in the best place on Earth! I have a great boss, great co-workers (big bonu: most them are women with kids of varying ages - as such are a fabulous resource for first-time mom me). [Though I still get the best advise on A2K]. They are all hard-workers, helpful, kind, thoughtful, each has a sense of humor. They all have their eccentricities, of course, but that's what makes it interesting. My boss, new in her job as I am in mine (though I worked for a few years for the same company before, is fair, thorough, articulate, as a mom herself - she is understanding of when I have to juggle baby-related jobs with my work. I couldn't ask for better. Though I make less money than what I did before, I have great benefits, working hours etc.

Come to think of it, I've always had good bosses, one of them has been a best friend/mentor for me. I've been lucky. Of course, there was the time, in INDIA - no less, that I worked for a couple, and the wife wanted to have an affair. With me.

There now. Back to reading about your miserable bosses, you poor suckers. Razz
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 09:40 pm
I don't believe this....

I get an e-mail from a person - he says - "Thanks, Chinmayee, for ensuring that your team has no stopper bugs. I think we'll see no slippages this time.....etc." Well, actually he's just being nice and just acknowledging our job. What we did was just our job - nothing majorly above and beyond our call.

Boss is cc'ed on it. So she does a reply all and says "Chinmayee, congratulations on your achivement!!!...etc"

Firstly, it's not my achievement - it's the team's. Next, it's no achievement - just our job. Maybe she could have sent an e-mail saying "keep up the good work" or something. But this over-the-top reaction is so damn embarassing.... Rolling Eyes
I love compliments...but this is so fake.
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 09:42 pm
Just read your post, heatwave...Smile

Good to know about your workplace Smile Way to go!...I have great colleagues too...good workplace. And nobody else seems to mind this lady much. But she bugs me no end.

Evil or Very Mad I wish she'd leave Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 11:07 am
sakhi wrote:
AAAARGH!!

Just now she comes to my desk to tell me that she needs to leave early (why does need to tell me? I'm not her boss. And anyways, we don't have to askr managers if we are leaving early or whatever...). And she goes on to tell me why she needs to leave early..her 21 year old daughter is sick and wants to sleep. So she needs mommy to come home and hug her.

Some one tell me - does this qualify as harrassment... can i file a suit against her...report to HR?....Shocked Mad She;s been bugging me all day.

You've touched on another topic-- When the manager/supervisor/superior gives too much personal information.
0 Replies