Wedding Anniversary

urs53

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 11:27 am
Yesterday we celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary. We both took the day off and spent a wonderful day at Lake Constance (Bodensee for us Germans Smile )

Later we had dinner at one of our favourite restaurants. It's the place where Stefan took me for our very first 'official' date, where he 'officially' met my family, where we had our wedding lunch, where we celebrated our first wedding anniversary with my aunt and uncle etc etc.

To end the day we went to a bar, met friends, went to another and I much too much to drink. And a lot of fun!

And I am very, very glad that I married my husband!

My boss's comment to the topic was 'Wedding anniversary? You celebrate that....?'

Do you celebrate your wedding anniversary? Do you tend to forget it? Are you still glad you married the person you married? Let me know what you think... Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,896 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 12:25 pm
urs- That sounded so lovely. Congratulations on your anniversary. I wish you many more happy ones! Very Happy
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 02:06 pm
We celebrate our anniversary by going to Cape Cod, which is pretty much our only vacation every year. Couldn't imagine not celebrating it.

Congratulations to you!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 02:10 pm
Congratulations, urs (and to bigdice as well!)!

Well, clebrating the anniversary? Yes, a bit. Going out in a restaurant instead of my usually cooking, drinking a coffee and having a piece of atrt at a nice place, having a short vacation - it depends all on what is going on besides that.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 03:56 pm
urs
That sounds wonderful and it's so nice to hear that you are so happily married. Congrats to you both.

I can't answer your questions since I've never been married, but maybe some day.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 07:16 pm
urs - congrats to you and BigDice! Very Happy

hamburger and mrs. hamburger still celebrate every anniversary after 47 years of marriage. it's very encouraging.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 08:17 pm
Congratulations. Sounds like you had a wonderful day.

Absolutely, we celebrate our anniversary. A special restaurant and a bottle of Dom Perignon at home later. 31 years next month.

We celebrate also the anniversary of the date we met, September 26, 1970.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 08:25 pm
We are planning to renew our vows this time around. It will be our 25th.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 09:32 pm
for all of the celebrants (most esp. urs and BD)
http://www.allisonreuling.com/animals/ani-sm/ani-04-sm.gif
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 10:51 pm
Our 24th anniversary is coming up next week. I usually forget dates like birthdays and anniversaries, so I write them down at the beginning of every year on my calendar at work. At least I can make a telephone call or send an e-mail.

I suppose we'll go out for a nice dinner this weekend - I'll be offshore at work on the day of the anniversary.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 12:28 am
Good for you, Jim! Have a great time! Do me a favour.....tell your wife how you were feeling when you first realised you were in love with her.....

And then tell us!

To Stefan and Ursula ~ the most happily married couple I think I have ever met in my life.....I love you and miss you both terribly. I do so wish I could be there to help you celebrate. (Not that you guys need any help!)

I did try to call last Sunday and got a busy signal for the longest time. But, I'll try again tomorrow ~ hopefully, with success.

In the meantime.....

Congratulations on six wonderful years of marriage! Please stay as happy and loving as you are today!

Always,

Rae xxxxxx
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 02:28 am
Thank you all so much! It's really good to read that you all celebrate your wedding anniversary. And I do hope that I will have the chance for that for many, many years.

We would have loved to have you here for some celebration support, Rae! :-)

I will stay glued to the phone... :-)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 02:35 am
Don't hope, it's your sweat that glues you on the phone! :wink:

"Frohe Pfingsten", btw.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 02:36 am
Very Happy Laughing

That could be! I will put on my rollerblades now for more sweat....

Frohe Pfingsten auch Dir!
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 06:49 am
Aw heck, Rae - I was 20 and my wife was 18 when we met in '76. We were just kids. Neither one of us knew beans about life, but it didn't take long for us to know we wanted to figure it out together. I'm not sure how to compare what I feel for her now after being married 24 years to what I felt then, except to say that it is much more deep and permanent now.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 10:34 pm
That was a good start, Jim! Tell your wife exactly what you told us!

Urs ~ my apologies. Have spent all day with my cousin who is visiting from Ireland. We had a great time! But, by the time we got home it would've been way too late to call.

Soon. I promise. Swear. Cross my heart and hope to die.
0 Replies

bobsmyth

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 01:17 am
Solveig and I got married when we were 25 and divorced when we were 60. For 35 years I always brought flowers and a gift and for 35 years she said what's this for. She never remembered.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 10:05 am
bobsmyth, that's interesting - usually the wives complain that the husbands don't remember...

Rae, that's ok. To tell you truth, I wasn't home most of the evening either. Stefan got home around ten, though - not much going on in the restaurant... I am very much looking forward to talking you! :-)

Jim, I fully agree with Rae!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 10:54 am
bobsmyth, you deserved better.
0 Replies

bobsmyth

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 01:43 pm
No regrets. I had a great time and wonderful memories. Two beautiful kids (she made great babies) and it was never dull. If she didn't know what she was going to do how could I. We had monumental fights but 10 minutes later it was truly over. She was like a black stormcloud and when it had spent itself the sun shone forth. Amazing transformation and absolutely nothing phony about it.
0 Replies