Massachusetts' Gubernatorial Race

littlek

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 05:08 pm
littlek wrote:
Looks like Patrick is comfortably leading and that Murray is in the lead of Lieutenant Gov. I was hoping for either Silbert or Goldberg.
I messed up my VP preferences!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 02:03 pm
It looks like the race is hot in Concord, MA, which has not only more registered Dems than Winchester, but a higher percentage and Winchester has more Dems than Repubs.

Anyway, you see about 12 or so Deval Patrick signs of the 24" x 18" variety, punctuated by 8 foot Healey signs. Interesting.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 01:12 pm
HEaley campaign workers descended on the homes of Deval Patrick and his campaign manager, dressed in prison garb, chanting about lawyers who free rapists.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 01:23 pm
What do you think about Patrick holding out for 4-way debates?
I like it!
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 01:25 pm
George wrote:
What do you think about Patrick holding out for 4-way debates?
I like it!

I don't like it all 'cause it makes the whole affair resemble a circus. I wish christi would go back to his shop, and leave the serious debaters alone.
Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 01:27 pm
I think Grace Ross' talents are going to be wasted and I like to hear what she has to say.

And Christy Mihos is excellent for comic relief.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 01:45 pm
All four are in the race. All four are on the ballot.
But two don't get to debate because "everyone knows" they won't be elected?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 02:06 pm
George wrote:
All four are in the race. All four are on the ballot.
But two don't get to debate because "everyone knows" they won't be elected?

Awful idea, isn't it?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 02:12 pm
Someone somewhere else suggested that Deval Patrick set up a one on one debate with each of the other candidates-- i.e. he would debate Healey after he had debated Mihos and Ross.

This would at least be fair (after all, none of the three has any chance of winning).
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 10:18 am
plainoldme wrote:

Those of us with property etc taxes to pay, aren't laughing.
I'll vote for Kerry, 'cause the good Lord knows I'd never, ever vote for Patrick.

:wink:
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 02:24 pm
Miller wrote:
plainoldme wrote:

I'll vote for Kerry, 'cause the good Lord knows I'd never, ever vote for Patrick.

Well, wouldn't you rather have educated children and safe highways and a green environment and prosperous small businessmen? Americans just don't realize that you get what you pay for. Besides, I suspect that the real reason you wouldn't vote for Patrick is his race.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 05:58 pm
Anyone encounter the Republican running against Ted Kennedy? The man can not answer a question.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 03:58 pm
plainoldme wrote:
Miller wrote:
plainoldme wrote:

Well, wouldn't you rather have educated children and safe highways and a green environment and prosperous small businessmen? Americans just don't realize that you get what you pay for. Besides, I suspect that the real reason you wouldn't vote for Patrick is his race.

Why would you say such a thing? It's most unbecoming, if of course I should even care. The fact you even posted such a degrading comment suggests to me that you will vote for Patrick, because of his race and you want to live in a bankrupt State.

Spend...spend...spend and then what? May be the next Gov will be an illegal. Embarrassed
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 04:02 pm
POM - I think Miller has her mind made up. no sense in arguing with her.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 04:52 pm
Quote:

Spend...spend...spend and then what? May be the next Gov will be an illegal.

What the hell does this mean?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 05:15 pm
Well, if they've already elected a negro, that'd be the only thing left - right, Miller?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 05:38 pm
Miller, your posts really didn't make much sense.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 06:29 pm
Miller wrote:

Why would you say such a thing? It's most unbecoming, if of course I should even care. The fact you even posted such a degrading comment suggests to me that you will vote for Patrick, because of his race and you want to live in a bankrupt State.

Spend...spend...spend and then what? May be the next Gov will be an illegal. Embarrassed

Hey, I guess you would rather have kids run around stupid or that you wouldn't object to the bridge you are driving over collapsing under you.

If you need shoes, does the store give them to you? If you attended college, did you go for free? Do farmers give you vegetables or do they throw them at you because of your attitude.

There is an old saw: you get what you pay for.

Take the Sunday paper and go the real estate section. Trace three house types: an 8 room colonial; a 7 room split or ranch, and a 6 room Cape. Go through all the towns, listing the price range for those three styles in each town. After you have the ranges, look at what each school system does. The more you pay for a house, the more highly esteemed are the schools in the community where the house is.

Besides, you are not voting for Patrick because of his race and probably because you are uneducated yourself. Hypocrite.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 09:37 am
Very Happy
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 09:51 am
Quote:
If you attended college, did you go for free?

For my undergraduate education I had a 4 year scholarship and free tuition in a major private university.

For my 5 years of graduate education, culminating in both an MS and a PhD, I had a 5 year fellowship and free tuition in a major private university.

For law school, I paid my own way because I could afford to do so.

0 Replies