Willie Nelson Cited for Drug Possession

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 01:48 pm
Sep 18, 1:06 PM (ET)

BREAUX BRIDGE, La. (AP) - Willie Nelson and several members of his band were issued misdemeanor citations for drug possession early today during a traffic stop in Saint Martin Parish.

The traffic stop was conducted on Interstate 10 near Breaux Bridge.

Trooper Willie Williams says troopers smelled a strong odor of marijuana when the driver opened the bus door.

During a search of the bus, Williams say approximately 1 1/2 pounds of marijuana and approximately 2/10 of a pound of mushrooms were located on the bus.

The 73-year-old Nelson of Spicewood, Texas; 59-year-old Tony Sizemore of Saint Cloud, Fla.; 75-year-old Bobbie Nelson of Briarcliff, Texas; 54-year-old Gates Moore of Austin, Texas; and 50-year-old David Anderson of Dallas, Texas were issued citations for possession of mushrooms and possession of marijuana and released.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,167 • Replies: 17
No top replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 01:49 pm
Stunning surprise...
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 01:51 pm
It's no secret that Willie smokes herb and enjoys the occasional psilosybin. The cops should spend more time catching criminals!
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 01:52 pm
Willie's my hero!

Echo Nick!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 01:56 pm
No surprises here. Willie is still one hell of a performer.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 01:41 pm
Coming from the BUD capital of the world (supposedly), all I can say is "Big Deal"! That's not even news in our parts. I can't remember the last time someone was arrested for having recreational pot on them.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 01:48 pm
Mame wrote:
Coming from the BUD capital of the world (supposedly), all I can say is "Big Deal"! That's not even news in our parts. I can't remember the last time someone was arrested for having recreational pot on them.

Actually they were not arrested they were simply given a citation - basically a fine. When the police saw Willie Nelson posted all over the bus - they probably felt it was a good chance for a getting some cash for their little old town.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 01:50 pm
Good! Too many rules and regs out there.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 01:56 pm
Buncha old geezers....the baby of the group was 50, they musta been lettin' him drive...those young kids don't know nothin' bout avoiding the cops.

Gates Moore, 54, of Austin.
Oh sure, he's that guy who lives across the speed bump from me.

Always playing that crazy rock 'n roll music all hours of the night, sometimes until 9:30pm.
0 Replies

Americafirst

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 04:40 am
smoking willie..
don't get me wrong, i love willie but i have to ask..since when did cops start giving tickets for anything over an oz,lid??willie had 1 1/2 lbs and all he got was a ticket,, are things getting that good?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 07:30 am
Re: smoking willie..
Americafirst wrote:
don't get me wrong, i love willie but i have to ask..since when did cops start giving tickets for anything over an oz,lid??willie had 1 1/2 lbs and all he got was a ticket,, are things getting that good?

I believe this particular incident occurred in Kansas.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 03:50 pm
Don't know if Willie actually said this, but, it was reported that upon Willies arrest for posessing marijuana, he said "Good thing ah had a bag of marijuana, if ah'd had a bag of spinach it could'a killed me".
I think marijuana is the least of our worries, however, it is an illegal substance....if the lawmakers weren't such nannys they'd make it legal.
I smoked it one time waaaay back in my younger days, didn't like it, don't smoke it, & yes, I did inhale
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 08:26 am
This is an urban legend - you can see it on snopes.com
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 02:31 pm
Linkat wrote:

So, did it occur in Kansas, or Nowheresville?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 03:21 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Don't know if Willie actually said this, but, it was reported that upon Willies arrest for posessing marijuana, he said "Good thing ah had a bag of marijuana, if ah'd had a bag of spinach it could'a killed me".
I think marijuana is the least of our worries, however, it is an illegal substance....if the lawmakers weren't such nannys they'd make it legal.
I smoked it one time waaaay back in my younger days, didn't like it, don't smoke it, & yes, I did inhale

Willie Nelson did get pulled over - the urban legend is what LoneStar was talking about - the spinach comment.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 03:36 pm
I smoked prodigious amounts of marijuana in my youth -- and I liked it! I will still enjoy the occasional dube.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 10:47 pm
Linkat wrote:

Ok, but it's funny & sounds like something he'd say.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 03:08 am
NickFun wrote:
I smoked prodigious amounts of marijuana in my youth -- and I liked it! I will still enjoy the occasional dube.

Hey. let's do a 420!
0 Replies