your employer in the news

ehBeth

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 08:38 pm
I was just browsing around the net, and decided to check out googlenews - and there - big and bold (on google.ca) - was the president of our holding company doing some weird and wonderful and definitely committed-to-proving-the value-of-our-corporation-things.

It kinda scared the bejesus outta me. What do you think when your workplace/employer/head honcho hits googlenews?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,951 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 05:00 am
ehBeth- See? All the time you thought that he was spending his time taking two hour martini lunches, and golfing with the clients. Looks like the guy is really trying to earn his keep!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 07:12 am
I think that the Wall Street pundits who say he's a bit wild are probably right. He's also got access to a lot of $$$$$ !
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 04:12 pm
My old boss at the title company I worked for was always in the news. When I first started working for the company I was lucky enough to work in his office and got to know more about him then just his corporate image.

He was very active in community organizations such as the Boy's Club, the Oakland Coliseum and several college preparatory schools, and was an industry activist always going before the state legislator to testify at hearings. He was a popular resource for both local and national media on many subjects.

He was a genuinely nice man who had the ability to remember names. Even as the company grew to close to 1000 employees, he still participated in each monthly orientation meeting for new employees. People were constantly amazed that he'd know who they were and that years later, he still remembered their name and would recall something about them from their prior meeting.

He retired a few years ago and the company spirit just never felt the same. It became just another corporation with faceless corporate politics.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 08:12 pm
Butrflynet - this guy is much the same. Runs a multi-national, apparently without breaking a million dollar sweat. Knows who works for him. Shows up to wander around occasionally. And decides to throw tens of millions of dollars at the stock when he thinks it's under-valued. Monday is going to be interesting.
0 Replies