hmm not sure if I'm ready for this

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 08:20 pm
well, as many others may know me & craig have been together for a short time now &..I think I might be pregnant 0_o. I didnt miss my period & I dont have any signs except feeling tired alot and it "seems" like my stomach is bloating. Although it could just be me gaining weight I'm not sure. I dont really "feel" pregnant but I'm just so worried. I'm def. not ready for a child & yeah I know I need to go buy a test but I just cant seem to work up enough nerve to take one because I know I'm NOT ready for this. Anyone have any sure fire ways to know without a test ?

thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 657 • Replies: 11
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 08:36 pm
You have only six posts and many people know about your situation?

I have thousands of posts and nobody knows **** about me.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 08:40 pm
Oh, and regarding your question: You are not pregnant. July20th, of next year, you will be. But not before.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 04:13 am
Anyone who can't take responsiblity and buy a $10 pregnancy test at the drug store should certainly not take on the responsibilty of raising a child.
If you are having regular periods you are not pregnant. However, I do suggest you get sterilized to avoid problems for yourself and our society in the future.

(Hi Gus, Hope you're enjoying nice weather at the swamp.)
0 Replies

lilcountrybabyOx

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 04:12 pm
green witch I totally agree with you & I have looked into getting my tubes tied but my doctor told me they cant do that until you've had at least 2 kids =/
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 04:16 pm
I assume you are in the US - go to Planned Parenthood and they will get you the name of a doctor who will do the operation. You could also consider using an IUD type birthcontrol. It can be removed if you change your mind, but it's not recommended for women who know they want to have children one day because side effects can make you sterile.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 06:46 pm
Lcbo--

Unfortunately a number of male doctors think they know more about a particular woman's reproductive wishes than that particular woman does.

Green Witch is right. Go to Planned Parenthood and talk with their trained counselors about absolutely reliable means of birth control.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/index.htm

Every child should be wanted. Every woman who does not want children should have that choice.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 07:39 am
Hello, lcbo.

I read your previous thread to try to get some background info but I didn't see any indication of your age. It is highly doubtful that you will find a surgeon in the US who will perform a tubal ligation on a woman of child bearing age that has not had children (unless there are medical reasons for the surgery). It isn't out of the question, but there are so many alternative and effective ways to prevent unwanted pregnancy that the surgical option is usually considered a last resort.

It is also unlikely that you are pregnant without having missed a period. The only way to find out is to take a pregnancy test at the appropriate time in your cycle, which means at least 29 days from the start of your previous period. The symptoms you have could be from any number of causes. When was the first day of your last menstrual period?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 07:55 am
JB, it is not highly doubtful at all! I imagine in the bible belt which seems to be growing in a scary (to me) fashion, you might have trouble finding a doctor, but there will be one somewhere who would do it. They would suggest very strongly that a young healthy woman not have her tubes tied. Most won't want to do it until the patient is in her 30s at least, but I still don't think it's highly doubtful to find one, if this woman really wants the surgery.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 08:17 am
I think the age is key. I don't see any indication of her age from her posts but I'm guessing lcbo is quite young. "Child bearing" today is much older than what it used to mean. I agree, that it's much easier to find a physician willing to do a TL once someone is in their thirties.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 09:25 am
Mo's mOther tried to have her tubes tied when Mo was born and they said "No."

She tried again when the twins were born and they said "No."

If she can't find a doctor to do it I think it must be pretty hard to find one.

Money is also a factor in that it is considered an elective surgery. Most young women simply can't afford it.

You really need to go ahead and take a test. The longer you wait the less options you have.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 12:37 pm
Well, it's disheartening to hear about doctors waiting until kids are born that are unwanted! sheesh!

To the OP: did you buy yourself a test yet? Would like to hear the news.

As a side question to everyone else: in the US, does it cost money to go to the doctor and get a pregnancy test? Are there clinics that do it free of charge? You know, for those really scraping by and not wanting to pay the 10 bucks or whatever for the test?
0 Replies