Calling all 9/11 Conspiracy Nuts

freedom4free

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 12:47 pm
CoastalRat wrote:
Without looking at raw data, this line graph means nothing. Typical line graphs are done in the following manner. A point is marked on the graph to represent spending at a certain time (end of fiscal year perhaps). Another point is marked on graph for spending at another point in time (next fiscal year end perhaps). A line is then drawn between the two points.

In your graph, the lines are too straight, indicating that the points used to create your lines are not based on monthly figures, but more likely yearly figures. Thus, it could well be that nearly all the increase in spending came after 9/11 with no actual increase happening beforehand or it could all have occurred prior to 9/11, thus proving whatever point you think you are trying to prove. For the graph to show what you wish it to show, points would have to be plotted showing monthly expenditures, and you would get a more uneven line (even crooked perhaps)

In short, your data is useless in proving your point. Par for the course.

Reading a graph is so simple, even a retard can do it. You're ultra retarded. Laughing

Left column = spending in Billions.
Top column = time of year.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 12:47 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

The farthest you will get with the type of conspiracy to which you refer would be to claim that a handful of people had special knowledge and did nothing.

Except, it is a fact that they did have 'special knowledge.' We know that the Prez et al were warned about the possibility of an AQ attack using airplanes. There was no more need for special knowldege than this, because they can say 'we're working on it' while not actually doing anything about it, because the two-three people on top (Cheney, Rummy, Bush, maybe a few others) had no intention of doing anything about it, because they knew an opportunity when they saw one.

Not much of a 'conspiracy'; just a decision amongst those who sat at the top of the decision pyramid to quietly ignore a problem, which, if it struck, would turn out to be a great opportunity for them; and if it didn't, then they wouldn't have wasted any time on it. It was a win-win for the Bush WH, no matter what happened.

Cycloptichorn

What you suggest does not make sense.

What you suggest is that at NO TIME PRIOR to January 2001 when GW took office, the White House had no intelligence about using planes as missles. I doubt it.

What may make more sense is that during transition from Clinton to GW, this intellignece was passed along and either one of these things happened:
1. GW agrees to continue whatever actions the Clinton Admin was taking.
2. GW ramped it up based upon the intel.
3. GW ramped it down.

I tend to think it was probably #1, which obviously did not work.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 12:50 pm
Barring evidence that the intent to use planes as missles was passed along, we can only go with what we know - that Bush et al were specifically warned of OBL's intent to do so in an August PDB.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 12:52 pm
freedom4free wrote:
CoastalRat wrote:
Without looking at raw data, this line graph means nothing. Typical line graphs are done in the following manner. A point is marked on the graph to represent spending at a certain time (end of fiscal year perhaps). Another point is marked on graph for spending at another point in time (next fiscal year end perhaps). A line is then drawn between the two points.

In your graph, the lines are too straight, indicating that the points used to create your lines are not based on monthly figures, but more likely yearly figures. Thus, it could well be that nearly all the increase in spending came after 9/11 with no actual increase happening beforehand or it could all have occurred prior to 9/11, thus proving whatever point you think you are trying to prove. For the graph to show what you wish it to show, points would have to be plotted showing monthly expenditures, and you would get a more uneven line (even crooked perhaps)

In short, your data is useless in proving your point. Par for the course.

Reading a graph is so simple, even a retard can do it. You're ultra retarded. Laughing

Left column = spending in Billions.
Top column = time of year.

Hey,

Do me a favor and don't insult CR. He isn't retarded, he's one of the most even-handed posters here. If he has issues with the graph formation, there probably is a good reason.

Just my 2 Cents on the matter

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 12:56 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Barring evidence that the intent to use planes as missles was passed along, we can only go with what we know - that Bush et al were specifically warned of OBL's intent to do so in an August PDB.

Cycloptichorn

I agree, that infor was passed even earlier since Clintons White House was aware of the possibility.

They didn't react to it and neither did Bush in the short amount of time he had from August to 9-11.

No more excuses. The Govt blew it and now here they are still trying to figure out how to deal with it.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 12:57 pm
The question is, did the gov't blow it on purpose.

Why wouldn't they have? It accomplished every goal they could have possibly dreamed of.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 01:03 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
The question is, did the gov't blow it on purpose.

Why wouldn't they have? It accomplished every goal they could have possibly dreamed of.

Cycloptichorn

What GOAL??? What is accomplished IF we "win the war in Iraq?"? There is no free oil, no democracy, no stability. Even a dope like Rumsfeld and Bush have to know this?

So for a Govt conspiracy, you have to go back to the Clinton Admin and see how they were involved since they were closer to the "conspiracy timeline" than GW.

Too many people would have to be involved and too much was at stake. By now, verifiable wistleblowers would have spoken up for BIG MONEY to tell that story.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 01:05 pm
Thanks Cy. Anyone with a working knowledge of graphs understands what I attempted to point out. Maybe I did not do so in simple enough terms for F4F, I don't know.

The funny thing is that I offered no comment on whether or not his assumption is correct, only that the graph does not prove his assumption. What he points out may very well be true, but you need to see the monthly plots, not a line graph of what seems to be yearly data. Just sticking some lines at the bottom indicating months on a yearly plotted graph does not tell you spending per month and cannot prove what he supposes.

Oh well, his normal reponse of insulting everyone who disagrees has come to be expected. That's what I get for trying to educate someone.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 01:09 pm
I don't think that there is any reason to assume that the government "blew it on purpose," absent any compelling information to support such a contention. You know, Clinton inherited the Somalia mess from Pappy Bush, and gave the best good faith effort to carry out the UN mission effectively. The man on the scene blew it, and Clinton's administration was blind-sided by the debacle in Mogadishu--no one, not anyone in Pappy Bush's admininstration, and no one in Clinton's brand new administration saw that coming.

There is no reason to suppose that the Shrub's crew ought to have paid especial attention to the vague allegation of an attempt to use planes as missiles. You can bet your bottom dollar that that information was no better vetted than any other rumors and hints with which Central Intelligence commonly works, and it would have been one of a host of matters with which the administration would have had to deal. It is twenty-twenty hindsight to say they ought to have paid more attention to that alleged threat than to any other alleged threat which was under consideration at the time.

You know damned well that no one can ever accuse me of being a Bush supporter, or even an apologist for this administration. I see absolutely no good reason to assume that this administration knew that there was a high probability of this happening and willfully did nothing to prevent it. I'm more than happy to consider them incompetent; i'm more than happy to consider them venal; i have no reason at all to consider them criminally cynical to such a degree. Stopping the plot, and capturing the terrorists for a show trial would have been just as good an excuse for the invasion of Afghanistan as would the actual result of the attack. They had already attacked the African embassies, made a failed attempt against the WTC and had attacked USS Cole. Without compelling evidence, of which you provide none, there simply is no good reason to believe it.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 01:14 pm
Quote:
Without compelling evidence, of which you provide none, there simply is no good reason to believe it.

Sure, which is why I don't write persuasive pieces to try to get people to believe it. I only mention it as a possibility, and one that is not too difficult for me to believe; the nature of the Bush administration makes me deeply suspicious, for while they are incompetent in some areas, when it comes to lying, deceiving, and covering their tracks, they are not.

I don't ask anyone else to be persuaded by what I write on this matter, or even to consider it if they don't wish to; just stating my belief that the 'official story' is no more plausible than other stories.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 01:19 pm
Quote:
"Thousands of FBI agents have rounded up more than 1,300 suspects across America since September 11, but they have failed to find a single Al-Qaeda cell operating in the United States...Tom Ridge, Director of Homeland Security could not explain why none had been caught."

Curiously though, according to FOX news, throughout late 2000 and 2001, a total of 200 Israeli spies were arrested. It was the largest spy ring to be uncovered in the history of the US. The Washington Post also reported that some of these Israelis were arrested in connection with the 9-11 investigation. Carl Cameron of FOX News Channel did an excellent four part, nationally televised, series of investigations into this blockbuster scandal. But FOX pulled the investigative series after Zionist groups complained to FOX executives. FOX even went so far as to remove the written transcripts of the series from its website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAoe26MaTew

This FOX News report quoted a US Government official as confirming that there was evidence that linked the arrested Israeli spies with 9-11, but that the evidence had been CLASSIFIED by the United States Government.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 01:44 pm
Setanta wrote:

There is no reason to suppose that the Shrub's crew ought to have paid especial attention to the vague allegation of an attempt to use planes as missiles. You can bet your bottom dollar that that information was no better vetted than any other rumors and hints with which Central Intelligence commonly works, and it would have been one of a host of matters with which the administration would have had to deal. It is twenty-twenty hindsight to say they ought to have paid more attention to that alleged threat than to any other alleged threat which was under consideration at the time.

I think that this is a very valid point. It is one thing if they had vague information saying that AQ was going to hijack planes and fly them into buildings and quite a different thing if they had specific information saying that AQ was going to hijack planes, on sept 11, targeting long range flights leaving Boston and New York and fly them into the Pentagon, white house and WTC.

Even if they did have that specific information and did nothing, it would require a large number of people involved for it to have reached all the way up to the Pres and Co. All the people from the field agents that collected the info all the way to the pres and the multitude of bureaucratic levels inbetween. It wouldn't be limited to a small handful of people like previously claimed. For all of them to sit and do nothing while allowing the tragedy to take place is a near impossibility.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 02:12 pm
Quote:
For all of them to sit and do nothing while allowing the tragedy to take place is a near impossibility.

Now, we do know that the prez got a PDB stating that there had been an increase in activity amongst AQ, and that he planned to use planes to ram stuff. But they didn't do anything. And everyone who put that report together and gave it to the prez, didn't say anything or think anything wrong because of it, because it's the prez' job to make decisions, not theirs. So, if he decided to do nothing, those who gave him information are not neccessarily part of any conspiracy, because they were just doing their job.

Quote:
quite a different thing if they had specific information saying that AQ was going to hijack planes, on sept 11, targeting long range flights leaving Boston and New York and fly them into the Pentagon, white house and WTC.

Ah, c'mon, what did Bush need to take any sort of action at all? A specific, point-by-point diagram of the planned terrorist attacks? I don't think so. Part of leadership ability is putting pieces together and taking action.

I will admit that the opposite side of the coin is gross incompetence, an equally valid competing theory to the 'intentionally did nothing' theory.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 02:32 pm
Quote:
The greatest cover-up is the 9/11 Commission itself which, "the Bush administration initially opposed the creation of" in the first place (CNN). It was established more than a year after 9/11 and given an original budget of only $3 million to investigate the greatest single tragedy on American soil in our history. They were allotted only 18 months and the timing was adjusted because they didn't want the final reporting to occur during election season. Eventually they were funded a total of $15 million dollars. The very same government spent over $40 million to investigate Bill Clinton's improprieties. After the 9/11 Commission Report was finally released they actually did a road show promoting it like celebrities. They have marketed it and pushed it like a dime store novel. In September of 2006 it is even being turned into a "comic" book (NY Post).

http://www.pentagonresearch.com/bigpic.html
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 02:36 pm
What do you propose he should have done?

Immediately shut down air travel? Started profiling Muslims at the airport? Take pre-9/11 security to the levels of post 9/11 security even before there was a post-9/11?

Even after 9/11, people are yelling and screaming about the ability of the FBI to check your library cards... something about your rights being violated. I can only imagine what you'd be saying if Bush took the pre-9/11 world to post-9/11 security levels without 9/11 ever have taken place.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 02:40 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
What do you propose he should have done?

Immediately shut down air travel? Started profiling Muslims at the airport? Take pre-9/11 security to the levels of post 9/11 security even before there was a post-9/11?

Even after 9/11, people are yelling and screaming about the ability of the FBI to check your library cards... something about your rights being violated. I can only imagine what you'd be saying if Bush took the pre-9/11 world to post-9/11 security levels without 9/11 ever have taken place.

How about putting out a warning that terrorists were attempting to hijack planes into buildings?

How about warning NORAD that they may have to expect problems such as this?

Perhaps he could have ordered monies spent to increase the levels of security at airports.

You're saying he effectively couldn't have done anything? I don't buy that for a second.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 02:47 pm
Has it occurred to anyone else that when we build our glorious memorial to the victims of 9/11, that terrorists troughout the Muslim world will treat it--indeed hail it--as a memorial to the 9/11 success of Al Queda?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 02:54 pm
No, i'm not saying he couldn't/shouldn't have done nothing.

I'm just skeptical as to if 9/11 could actually have been prevented. Like I said before, if they had specifics as to how, when, and where the events were going to take place, then it would be realistic to think that steps could have been taken to stop those events from happpening. A report like that would also stand out as a more serious threat due to the specifics detailed in it.

A general report about planes flying into buildings with less specifics, would not only be less noticable among any number of other reports stating various other threats, but it would also be more difficult to stop even taking drastic measures like those we took after the fact.

So for me... I guess it comes down to how much was known, by whom and when.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 02:55 pm
JLNobody wrote:
Has it occurred to anyone else that when we build our glorious memorial to the victims of 9/11, that terrorists troughout the Muslim world will treat it--indeed hail it--as a memorial to the 9/11 success of Al Queda?

No.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 02:59 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
No, i'm not saying he couldn't/shouldn't have done nothing.

I'm just skeptical as to if 9/11 could actually have been prevented. Like I said before, if they had specifics as to how, when, and where the events were going to take place, then it would be realistic to think that steps could have been taken to stop those events from happpening. A report like that would also stand out as a more serious threat due to the specifics detailed in it.

A general report about planes flying into buildings with less specifics, would not only be less noticable among any number of other reports stating various other threats, but it would also be more difficult to stop even taking drastic measures like those we took after the fact.

So for me... I guess it comes down to how much was known, by whom and when.

And this is something that is difficult, if not impossible, to know. We simply are not privy to the information that would be neccessary to show who knew what, and when.

Remember though that as time has gone on, more and more info about the time period in question has come out. We originally didn't know that there was a PDB warning Bush about what Bin Laden wanted to do. We didn't know that the domestic spying and the Patriot act began before 9/11. We didn't know that Bush had made up his mind to go to war in Iraq far before he went to the UN (until the downing street memos). We didn't know that the 'shoot-down' authority had been changed just a couple of months before 9/11. What don't we know right now?

I don't believe that all the facts are out; why would any reasonable observor believe this, given the secretive nature of the Admin?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies