0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 05:54 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
nah

Ted McDougal

and the German newspaper?

Jerry Daily

Hey very good. Very Happy Hey Steve, will you write out all the answers for your quiz again? I haven't got them all. I can use that in the pub tomorrow night....that, and the joke about the C&A knickers. Hahahahaha
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 06:00 am
McTag wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:
nah

Ted McDougal

and the German newspaper?

Jerry Daily

Hey very good. Very Happy Hey Steve, will you write out all the answers for your quiz again? I haven't got them all. I can use that in the pub tomorrow night....that, and the joke about the C&A knickers. Hahahahaha

No it's okay, I've got them now

Moses, Jordan
Violett, McDougal (d'ye get it, W? Somewhat obscure for a non-Brit)
Gerry Daly
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 06:05 am
McTag wrote:

Anyone ever had tablet?

Have sit on the same table with someone from the owner family of Border Tablet, at a wedding in Monifieth.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 06:06 am
That was 35 years ago Shocked
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 06:13 am
Actually of course it works better verbally because you have to spell flower flower and not flour :wink:

So just a little recap as it was told to me the other night

can you name 5 MUFC players

two with surnames with biblical connections
two associated with flower
one with a German newspaper

...you have the answers, let me know how you get on.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 11:54 am
Congratulations on getting your letter in print smorgsi, what was it about?

I see contrary Mary from Bradford has been quiet today, the blithering idiot made another big balls up of his postings yesterday.

Fancy expecting me to give the ice cream lady one. She was an accident waiting to happen mate.

I don't do accidents, only beauties.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 02:14 pm
Good evening all. Got back from London late last night. The whole trip was pretty nightmarish from start to finish. Never been so glad to be back in Manc. Hope everyone is well and happy tonight?
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 02:33 pm
Sorry you had a bad trip Dorothy, next time you take a proper break and have fun. xx
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 03:13 pm
I told DP London was a dump and to watch her step.

Hey- did you watch that great cricket match from Mumbai. Great stuff.

You should have seen the inside of the pavillion. Real posh.

Cricket is a major export you know and quintissentially British. Knock cricket, knock exports, knock Britain. It's simple. A fantastic civilising force. Knock cricket, knock civilising forces.

smorgie's been shouting at me on her Halloween thread. She's promoting Halloween to kids. I've been told to STOP IT!. In caps. That's A2K shouting isn't it. She didn't use "Huge" so maybe she's not all that mad at me. She knows how.

She's got Ellpus eating out of her hand. Lucky old Ellpus eh?

I'm just against Halloween. There are arguments. Some obvious some not so obvious. But I suppose I better not run them past.

I know she means well.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 03:17 pm
He knows ye know................................. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 03:27 pm
Cripes.

Is that all I inspired.

Are you feeling a bit slow tonight Mathos?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 03:40 pm
Dorothy Parker wrote:
Good evening all. Got back from London late last night. The whole trip was pretty nightmarish from start to finish. Never been so glad to be back in Manc. Hope everyone is well and happy tonight?

oh dear sorry did you get on the tate big slide

how was the hair exib?

my friends sent someone else to pick up bits and pieces

which hotel did you use?

ok g night dot p sleep well
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 03:43 pm
spendius wrote:
I told DP London was a dump and to watch her step.

Hey- did you watch that great cricket match from Mumbai. Great stuff.

You should have seen the inside of the pavillion. Real posh.

Cricket is a major export you know and quintissentially British. Knock cricket, knock exports, knock Britain. It's simple. A fantastic civilising force. Knock cricket, knock civilising forces.

smorgie's been shouting at me on her Halloween thread. She's promoting Halloween to kids. I've been told to STOP IT!. In caps. That's A2K shouting isn't it. She didn't use "Huge" so maybe she's not all that mad at me. She knows how.

She's got Ellpus eating out of her hand. Lucky old Ellpus eh?

I'm just against Halloween. There are arguments. Some obvious some not so obvious. But I suppose I better not run them past.

I know she means well.

You are particularly obnoxious lately. Put a sock in it, you sour little man.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 05:01 pm
Hair exhibition was pants. Just a great big shop really, which was unfortunate cos I had **** all money to spend.

The hotel was a particularly shabby Travel Lodge. We all got pissed in the evening and had numerous fights and then spent the next day walking madly round London town trying to have a "good time" and see all the bloody rip off touristy things we thought we should see.

Bag of shite.

Oh well. I'll laugh about it in a few months.

x
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 05:06 pm
Ellpus wrote, thrumming with indignation-

Quote:
Put a sock in it, you sour little man.

I'll have you know my dear that I am six foot tall, take size 11 in shoes, have managed a football team and have had women fighting over me on the carpet in the pub. Scratching and biting.

I should damned well hope I taste sour to a bloke. The very idea of my tasting any other way is enough to have me pressing my back to the nearest wall.

Are you sweet tasting Ellpus? Are you a tall icing cake?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 05:16 pm
DP wrote, succinctly summing up the Smoke as only a Northern intellectual can-

Quote:
Bag of shite.

I fully concur. I can't imagine how anybody can live there. Not with only one life to go at.

A big bag. Festering.
0 Replies

The Grand Duke

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 08:02 pm
Dorothy Parker wrote:
Bag of shite.

The spirit of Paul Calf lives on. Brilliant. I've always been a fan of "bunch of arse" but "bag of shite" is the mutt's nuts.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 08:28 pm
spendius wrote:
Ellpus wrote, thrumming with indignation-

Quote:
Put a sock in it, you sour little man.

I'll have you know my dear that I am six foot tall, take size 11 in shoes, have managed a football team and have had women fighting over me on the carpet in the pub. Scratching and biting.

I should damned well hope I taste sour to a bloke. The very idea of my tasting any other way is enough to have me pressing my back to the nearest wall.

Are you sweet tasting Ellpus? Are you a tall icing cake?

You are one weird, seedy little excuse for a human being, whose posts encourage the sales of antibacterial soap.

You indulge in shock tactics, similar to thost adopted by the various flashers that I have encountered in my job over the years. Instead of a set of dirty little fingernails being used to hold open a grubby mackintosh, you use yours on the keyboard in an effort to achieve the same effect.

The only probable reason that you managed a fooball team (youth team, I'll bet) is to have the opportunity to join in with the post match communal bathing.

I shall have nothing more to do with you. You make my skin crawl.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 08:30 pm
Dorothy Parker wrote:
Hair exhibition was pants. Just a great big shop really, which was unfortunate cos I had **** all money to spend.

The hotel was a particularly shabby Travel Lodge. We all got pissed in the evening and had numerous fights and then spent the next day walking madly round London town trying to have a "good time" and see all the bloody rip off touristy things we thought we should see.

Bag of shite.

Oh well. I'll laugh about it in a few months.

x

Sheesh!

After what sounds like a poorly organised trip (Travelodge are the same across the entire UK - YUK), the exhibition (all exhibitions are just glorified sales events), the apparent Manc infighting, followed by a few hours dashing around, doing the typical "tick it off and run" tourist bit, thank you for your well informed opinion of London, DP.

I'm genuinely sorry you didn't enjoy it. What a shame.

x
0 Replies