who could win in a fight between Ghengis Khan and Attilia

zman136

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 09:46 pm
they both would have one horse equipt with stirrups,one compisite bow, one sword, one dagger, and an equal number of arrows.

I think Ghengis would win because he was a military genius
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 8,087 • Replies: 31
No top replies

zman136

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 09:53 pm
I think Ghengis Khan would win. He was one of the greatest politicians and military minds in history. SO he would ever cheat to win, or out smart Atillia
0 Replies

NNY

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 09:55 pm
Well according to the game Age of Kings, which as everyone knows is to be basically taken as fact (I call sarcasm now, before someone replies with the starting words, "Well actually....", Ghengis wins. Though Attila did not have arrows...

Microsoft tells no lies!
0 Replies

NNY

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 08:09 pm
Ghengis Khan was a better diplomat, and a better strategist, but it is not likely that this would make him win in a one on one situation. Attila constantly had to fight one on one, (for his position, he killed his own brother, Bleda, in a one on one horseback match.) One on one Attila would kill him, without too much trouble I would think. Who was the greater leader, Khan. Who was the better warrior-leader, Attila.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 09:37 pm
Warriors are swell romantic characters, but soldiers win wars. But, I digress. . . .
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 10:30 pm
Ghengis 'won' more land area; that makes him the 'winner.' Ever hear the story about the horn blower in Warsaw when Ghengis attacked? c.i.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 01:05 am
what would the world be like if ghengis khan had not lived?

his life set in motion the most profound changes of the millennium of 1,000-2,000 AD.

he was the most important man of that millennium.
0 Replies

NNY

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 12:40 am
The fact that Khan won more land doesn't matter. The original topic clearly states it is a fight, not a comparison of who the better leader was. With the tools stated above, who would when in a death match.

NO metaphors.. no 'winner'. Just winner.

JtHM
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 01:26 am
Thats like asking who do you want on your side in a fight...captain kirk or capt picard.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 01:30 am
The pen is mightier than the sword

Genghis
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 09:18 am
Ghengis was a 'fighter' since he was 13. He'd have won - hands down. c.i.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 09:26 am
Genghis, for sure. Atilla was a Hun, diminuituve of 'Hunny', which makes him a bit of a softy...lol
0 Replies

NNY

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2003 01:46 am
Mongols were unstable, but HUNS! That's unstability. At a young age Attila knew the primal instinct of kill or be killed.
Attila fought, Ghengis tought. Kind of makes sense and rhymes to boot!

I forgot why I say this, but someone made me want to say it:
Let not Denotation rule you sire!

Warrior is actually blah blah blahddy blah.

I saw a carebear to day and was like whoa! your a carebear!
0 Replies

Ghengis Khan

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 07:11 am
ghengis
Ghengis khan would win because when he was 10-13 he was abandened by his subjects and had to fend for himself. he grew strong and was a great warrior
0 Replies

Laeknir Scrat

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 10:10 am
I don't know if he'd beat Attila, but I know Gengis Khan would really wipe all the known Attilias. Poor ladies.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 09:02 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Thats like asking who do you want on your side in a fight...captain kirk or capt picard.

Kirk. I could hide behind him more effectively. Picard actually meets Starfleet height/weight standards. I'm sure Kirk has to "tape out."
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 10:02 pm
Sorta hard to pick one of 'em in a one-on-one, but I'd give the edge to Attila, based on average upper-body strength (Huns typically were larger and more massive than Mongols) and familiarity with melee fighting. The Horde was magnificent cavalry, and when conducting coordinated mass attacks was near invincible, but was not much given to individual combats. Attila was quite comfortable wading into an enemy on an individual basis. ... it was a point of honor to The Huns.

Oh, and I gotta go for Kirk too. While Picard would be consulting with Troi and Riker, Kirk, Spock and Scottie would have already reconfigured the phasers as necessary and vaporised the badguys.
0 Replies

FullMTLjacket

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 05:31 pm
Atilla the Hun was a woman! Get it right!
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 05:41 pm
Ghengis Khan was pressing forward from the East, and the tribes of Attila were, probably, running away from the East. The attitudes may tell the winner.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 06:46 pm
satt, the Huns were being driven Westward by The Horde, but I took the question to be more a "What if" based on a one-on-one between Ghengis and Atilla. That being the case, I'd give the edge to Atilla, for the reasons I laid out earlier.
0 Replies