Is this what our tax dollars are paying for?!@!!

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 06:10 am
Is this what our tax dollars are paying for?!@!!

reposted from Demonskates

Ive spent a good part of this morning looking through pages of this stuff,this is what we dont see on CNN,this is what is going on in Lebanon.I have always been pro Israel, but after this, im not so sure.The photos in this are EXTREMELY GRAPHIC, if you have a weak constitution you may want to skip this one.

http://www.thewe.cc/contents/more/archive/atrocities.htm

when you actually see the effects of this war, it puts a whole new spin on things, it changed my views pretty damn quick. By the end of it i was pretty emotional.
this just sucks. really ******* bad. We give Israel 15 million+ dollars a day.....to do this.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 947 • Replies: 24
No top replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 06:23 am
No pictures needed. However, let's not assume Isreal is the only "bad guy" here.

http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_context=2&x_outlet=118&x_article=1148

Sorry gang, no gory pix showing dead Jews at a wedding or dead isreal children blown up in a bus going to school.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 06:42 am
Dueling atrocities.

Where's the music?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 06:58 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Dueling atrocities.

Where's the music?

Um...This is no "efing" joke. Regardless of how the pee-brain from Switz wants to slant this as Anti-American, I believe the US needs to divorce itself from all issues involving Isreal and let these 2 nations deal with it themselves.

After 50 stinkin years of this, you would think these people would figure out how to share the land.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 07:35 am
Who paid for the Palestinian atrocities, e.g. bombing Bat Mitzvahs, school buses, marketplaces, etc?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 07:54 am
Who paid McVeigh for the Oklahoma bombing? Somebody must have paid him, right?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 07:59 am
Painfully basic explanation for the feebleminded:

My point was that Palestinians are world leaders in the field of atrocities. I wasn't ACTUALLY talking about who finances it.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 08:11 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
My point was that Palestinians are world leaders in the field of atrocities.

I doubt that. Apart from your annoying habit of lumping "Palestinians" up in one huge entity (which is like saying "Americans torture prisoners"), you're still very likely wrong.

If you want to talk about "world leaders in the field of atrocities", let's talk about Sri Lanka, for a moment. Or about Liberia. How about Sudan? No, Brandon, I think you are mistaken.

Brandon9000 wrote:
I wasn't ACTUALLY talking about who finances it.

Alright then. It's quite hard to figure out what you're actually talking about. That's for sure.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 08:18 am
old europe wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

I doubt that. Apart from your annoying habit of lumping "Palestinians" up in one huge entity (which is like saying "Americans torture prisoners"), you're still very likely wrong.

If you want to talk about "world leaders in the field of atrocities", let's talk about Sri Lanka, for a moment. Or about Liberia. How about Sudan? No, Brandon, I think you are mistaken.

Brandon9000 wrote:
I wasn't ACTUALLY talking about who finances it.

Alright then. It's quite hard to figure out what you're actually talking about. That's for sure.

I'm wrong?

What about the string of hundreds of atrocities committed by various Palestinian terrorists against Israeli non-combatants for years? Nice people don't firebomb school buses, you know?

I certainly have never even slightly implied that all Palestinians are anything, but it's briefer to refer to "the Palestinans" than to always have to refer to "a wide vareity of Palestinians over many years, claiming to represent the other Palestinians."
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 08:28 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
I'm wrong?

What about the string of hundreds of atrocities committed by various Palestinian terrorists against Israeli non-combatants for years? Nice people don't firebomb school buses, you know?

Yes, you're wrong. You're wrong when you refer to them, as you did, as "world leaders in the field of atrocities". That's not to say that the atrocities committed by Palestinian terrorists are not incredible atrocities. It's just that, well, it's "merely" a "string of hundreds of atrocities". Over several decades.

That kind of pales in comparison with the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of innocent people within a couple of months, I would say. So you're wrong when you refer to them as "world leaders in the field of atrocities". Simple as that.

Brandon9000 wrote:
I certainly have never even slightly implied that all Palestinians are anything, but it's briefer to refer to "the Palestinans" than to always have to refer to "a wide vareity of Palestinians over many years, claiming to represent the other Palestinians."

It's also briefer to say "the American soldiers" torture and murder prisoners in cold blood than being more specific. At the same time, it's quite stupid.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 08:32 am
old europe wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
I'm wrong?

Yes, you're wrong. You're wrong when you refer to them, as you did, as "world leaders in the field of atrocities". That's not to say that the atrocities committed by Palestinian terrorists are not incredible atrocities. It's just that, well, it's "merely" a "string of hundreds of atrocities". Over several decades.

That kind of pales in comparison with the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of innocent people within a couple of months, I would say. So you're wrong when you refer to them as "world leaders in the field of atrocities". Simple as that.

Brandon9000 wrote:

It's also briefer to say "the American soldiers" torture and murder prisoners in cold blood than being more specific. At the same time, it's quite stupid.

To aim at a military target and accidentally take along a few bystanders is not an atrocity, it's war as it has been fought since the invention of explosives. To firebomb a school bus full of children, or murder an Olympic team, or detonate a nail bomb in a marketplace is. The Palestinians have committed hundreds and hundreds of acts like this over the past few decades. Congratulations on saying it's not so bad.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 08:42 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
To aim at a military target and accidentally take along a few bystanders is not an atrocity, it's war as it has been fought since the invention of explosives.

And? That's quite irrelevant to what I posted, unless you imply I was referring to what American or Israeli troops are doing, which I wasn't. If you had read my posts, you would have noted that I referred to, specifically, Sri Lanka, Liberia and Sudan.

Now you're babbling about "military targets". You're a funny guy, Brandon.

Brandon9000 wrote:
To firebomb a school bus full of children, or murder an Olympic team, or detonate a nail bomb in a marketplace is. The Palestinians have committed hundreds and hundreds of acts like this over the past few decades.

Yep. That's what I said. I seriously have to question your reading skills now.

Brandon9000 wrote:
Congratulations on saying it's not so bad.

Yeah! Excellent strawman! Brilliant!
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 08:52 am
old europe wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
To aim at a military target and accidentally take along a few bystanders is not an atrocity, it's war as it has been fought since the invention of explosives.

And? That's quite irrelevant to what I posted, unless you imply I was referring to what American or Israeli troops are doing, which I wasn't. If you had read my posts, you would have noted that I referred to, specifically, Sri Lanka, Liberia and Sudan.

Now you're babbling about "military targets". You're a funny guy, Brandon.

Brandon9000 wrote:
To firebomb a school bus full of children, or murder an Olympic team, or detonate a nail bomb in a marketplace is. The Palestinians have committed hundreds and hundreds of acts like this over the past few decades.

Yep. That's what I said. I seriously have to question your reading skills now.

Brandon9000 wrote:
Congratulations on saying it's not so bad.

Yeah! Excellent strawman! Brilliant!

Just a smokescreen for running away from a discussing my actual assertion, which is that the Palestinians, themselves, are responsible for a long string of hideous atrocities, and that their modus operandi in their conflict with Israel is to attack the weak and helpless on purpose.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 08:57 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Who paid for the Palestinian atrocities, e.g. bombing Bat Mitzvahs, school buses, marketplaces, etc?

Who paid compensation to the 900000 Palestinians who were forcibly removed from their homes so that the monstrosity of Israel could be created? They're trying to get back the country that was stolen from them. And for every Israeli child killed, a hundred Palestinian children have died.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 09:01 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Just a smokescreen for running away from a discussing my actual assertion, which is that the Palestinians, themselves, are responsible for a long string of hideous atrocities, and that their modus operandi in their conflict with Israel is to attack the weak and helpless on purpose.

Nah. That' a lie. Your actual assertion was NOT that the Palestinians were responsible for a long string of hideous atrocities.

THIS was your actual assertion:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Your point was that Palestinians are world leaders in the field of atrocities. Now you've changed your statement to something that cannot even been seen as a reasonable paraphrase of your original statement.

Pathetic.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 09:03 am
Wilso wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Who paid compensation to the 900000 Palestinians who were forcibly removed from their homes so that the monstrosity of Israel could be created? They're trying to get back the country that was stolen from them. And for every Israeli child killed, a hundred Palestinian children have died.

This is a tired old argument that is completely false.

There was no country called Palestine in 1948.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 09:06 am
There was certainly no friggin Israel. Maybe someone should kick your arse out of your home with only what you can carry on your back, and see how you feel. I suspect your massive hypocracy would come to the fore real quick. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 09:10 am
Wilso wrote:
There was certainly no friggin Israel. Maybe someone should kick your arse out of your home with only what you can carry on your back, and see how you feel. I suspect your massive hypocracy would come to the fore real quick. Rolling Eyes

Take a look at how the American Indians were treated. Take a look at how the Aboriginals were treated.

Seems both Australia and America did very similiar acts yet were somehow able to figure it out. I have not seem any American Indians blowing up themselves nor have I heard of the same in Australia.

How come America and Austrailia have been able to come to terms with their Natives, but the Muslims and Jews can not figure it out?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 09:13 am
woiyo wrote:
Wilso wrote:

Take a look at how the American Indians were treated. Take a look at how the Aboriginals were treated.

Seems both Australia and America did very similiar acts yet were somehow able to figure it out. I have not seem any American Indians blowing up themselves nor have I heard of the same in Australia.

How come America and Austrailia have been able to come to terms with their Natives, but the Muslims and Jews can not figure it out?

More space.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 09:16 am
old europe wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Nah. That' a lie. Your actual assertion was NOT that the Palestinians were responsible for a long string of hideous atrocities.

THIS was your actual assertion:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Your point was that Palestinians are world leaders in the field of atrocities. Now you've changed your statement to something that cannot even been seen as a reasonable paraphrase of your original statement.

Pathetic.

No, that was intended to be a cute way of saying that the Palestinians commit a lot of atrocities. One of the numerous liberal methods of avoiding debating an issue head on is to insist that an opposing poster didn't say something unless he enunciated it verbatim. Your side is obsessed with avoiding the discussion by throwing down a lot of distractions. Now I'm telling you that my point is that the Palestinians specialize in war by means of atrocity. Are you going to respond or am I to wade through more attempted distractions? Why are you liberals usually so frightened of just debating the freaking issue?
0 Replies