One idiot down, two to go!

candidone1

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 11:12 pm
I sometimes wonder if you read what you're responding to Brandon, or just instinctively begin typing your script.

The analogy was meant to elucidate the fact that fighting those who want to kill you in a very random-abstract manner makes far less sense than making it impossible to allow them to enter your country with the necessary parts to construct a deadly bomb.
I don't find it effective to head into the "bad neighborhoods" looking for criminals, taking out who I can, when I can, because I can. I'd prefer to invest in tighter security for my house.
Although not entirely surprised, I can't believe that you too have succumbed to drawing parallels between the war in Iraq, with the mountains of evidence indicating how benign the regime actually was, and Hitler.
You remember what Hitler did. Where's the parallel?

You missed the mark by a mile.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2006 12:01 am
candidone1 wrote:
I sometimes wonder if you read what you're responding to Brandon, or just instinctively begin typing your script.

The analogy was meant to elucidate the fact that fighting those who want to kill you in a very random-abstract manner makes far less sense than making it impossible to allow them to enter your country with the necessary parts to construct a deadly bomb.

The fact that I respond exactly to what you said, but not what you intended is hardly a sign that I don't read posts.

candidone1 wrote:
I don't find it effective to head into the "bad neighborhoods" looking for criminals, taking out who I can, when I can, because I can. I'd prefer to invest in tighter security for my house.

It's a heck of a lot easier to keep a man out of your house than to keep someone from bringing a few small parts into the country by any route whatever, land, sea, or air. Your analogy is baloney.

candidone1 wrote:
Although not entirely surprised, I can't believe that you too have succumbed to drawing parallels between the war in Iraq, with the mountains of evidence indicating how benign the regime actually was, and Hitler.
You remember what Hitler did. Where's the parallel?

You missed the mark by a mile.

I didn't draw a parallel between the war in Iraq and WW2, I said that by your same logic, we wouldn't have gone overseas to fight the fascists in WW2, but would simply have made the country more secure.

Did you call Saddam Hussein's regime benign?
0 Replies