I'll take Conspiracy Theories for 1,000, Alex.

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 09:23 am
A small article in my newspaper caught my attention the other day. It concerned a 12 year old boy who was kidnapped 24 years ago in Des Moines, Iowa, while delivering newspapers. He was never found.

The other day his mother found photos on her front porch showing three bound and gagged boys -- one of whom whe believes is her son, apparently taken shortly after he disappeard. The photos are now being investigated and authenticated (or not).

It struck me as so unimanigably cruel that someone would do this, to open this mother's wounds with such terrible photos after so long. Today I did a Google search to see if there was any news regarding the photos and their appearance on her porch -- and what a can of worms!

Johnny Gosch is the young paperboy's name.

Google listed 23,700 hits for Johnny.

Most of them concerned a theory that he was kidnapped by the CIA, brainwashed, prostituted, and is now disgraced White House correspondant Jeff Gannon.

Freaky!

I think most people are familiar with the big conspiracy theories of our times: JFK, 911, Area 51, the introduction of crack into neighborhoods in hopes of killing off poor people, etc.

What are some other ones?

Which ones do you believe? (Note: it isn't necessary to link a thousand web sites to try to prove your point.)

Is Jeff Gannon really Johnny Gosch?

What say you A2K?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,623 • Replies: 20
No top replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 09:30 am
Green m&ms make you horny
The moon landing was faked
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 09:57 am
Tony Blair is really Maggie Thatcher with a haircut and trousers.
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 11:11 am
amaktugyye ooqw kwoo oiw wu mxld.
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 11:14 am
Whooops. That's supposed to be masturbation makes you blind.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 12:18 pm
I think some of those fall into the category of urban legends instead of conspiracy theory but I think we can add the moon landing and perhaps Blair is Thatcher to our list.

So we have:

Area 51
JFK
Moon Landing
Johnny Gosch
CIA gives us crack
911 is the work of US government
Blair is Thatcher in drag

Has anything ever started as a conspiracy theory and later turned out to be true?

Would Watergate count?
How about Iran Contra?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 01:50 pm
A-Treat soda will make you sterile.

"They" have bought up the patents and refuse to release a razor blade that never needs sharpening and a car that runs on hydrogen extracted from water and ....
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 01:57 pm
There are also the stories about super efficient carbureators that the oil companies bought the patent to out of self interest.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 02:02 pm
BlaiseDaley wrote:
amaktugyye ooqw kwoo oiw wu mxld.

I'm trying to read this with one hand, but I can't make head nor tail of it.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 02:03 pm
Oh.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 03:02 pm
AID's is "their" plot to rid the world of homo creeps.

You can't have a conspiracy theory without an indefinite pronoun.

"They" are covering up the real meaning of crop circles. Then, of course, there are UFO's which brings us to The Government lying about Roswell and contact with aliens.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 04:11 pm
Oh yes, Noddy "They"!

I remember now reading a book a few years back called "Them" where a journalist went out in search of some urban legends/rumors/conspiracy theroies stories.

One the turned out to have at least a grain of truth was the Bilderberg group:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilderberg_Group. Turns out they aren't quite as nefarious as thought.

There was also a section regarding the conspiracy theories surrounding Waco/Ruby Ridge where nuggets of truth could be found.

I think there might be some truth to inventions that take a long time seeing the light of day. Smithsonian ran a big article about DARPA a few years back and it was amazing.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 07:06 pm
Paul McCartney died and was replaced in the band by Billy Shears..
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 07:13 pm
Those strange things people are seeing flying in the air are actually swamp gas refracting the light under certain temperature and atmospheric conditions.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 07:16 pm
Stop signs in America have directions written in special ink to direct invading UN troops.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 08:26 pm
Wait! Wait!

Wasn't Ringo Billy Shears?

It was Ringo who sang "Well my name is Billy Shears. You know it has been for so many years."

Billy Shears was Ringo's alias, wasn't it.

The stop sign thing is cool. I'd never heard that one. What method is used to decode them or to see the directions or whatever. Did the theory get that far?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 09:49 pm
http://www.able2know.com/forums/about82197.html
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 09:54 pm

egads!
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 01:43 am
boomerang wrote:
Wait! Wait!

Wasn't Ringo Billy Shears?

It was Ringo who sang "Well my name is Billy Shears. You know it has been for so many years."

I know Ringo sang it, but Paul couldn't have sung it if he was dead, could he? Besides, if you play Abbey Road backwards, there is a piece of conversation where Ringo is talking about how "he had to do it" or something like that.

Also on Abbey Road, Paul is the only one striding across the street with the different leg forward-a hint that that there is something different about this Paul.

bomerang wrote:
The stop sign thing is cool. I'd never heard that one. What method is used to decode them or to see the directions or whatever. Did the theory get that far?

Here is an explanation from the time. Stickers, special ink, I knew it was something. Also, there was some kind of rampant rumor in Kentucky or Tennessee along the same lines that was causing such a stir, Clinton was aked about it in a press conference. Very Happy
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 01:10 pm
"They" have supressed anti-gravity reseach.
0 Replies