'Partial Birth' Mendacity, Again

Sofia

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 08:53 am
It wasn't an analogy, littlek. It was a fact.

As I was discussing the PBA issue, I was reminded of the same issue coming up with my vet, recently. We discussed some options, and he said aborting puppies after a certain stage was not an option.

Anyone is free to make of that fact what they will.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 08:59 am
ok
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 09:31 am
I don't think anyone would favor late term abortion without just cause. It is so rare already that, to me, it is a mountain/molehill situation.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 08:42 am
Man-on-the-street interviews regarding partial-birth abortion:

The Partial Birth Abortion Ban: What Do YOU Think?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 08:58 am
HAHA! I love that website.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 09:27 am
"Speaking as a man, let me just say, Christ, am I glad I'm a man."
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 09:27 am
He's listed as an atty! Heehee
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 09:35 am
Holy crap!
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 10:14 am
I don't think anyone would favor late term abortion without just cause. It is so rare already that, to me, it is a mountain/molehill situation.

-------------------

I'm sure they think they have a cause-- Their boyfriend broke up with them. Their financial picture changed. They put it off.

I hope it is as rare as you think it is. I think incidents of incest (what everybody alludes to when defending abortion) are rare, as well.
The largest number of abortions, IMO, are due to people, who have not complicated their sex with plans or use of contraceptives, and rely on abortion as their birth control. Of course, they're not thinking "Hey, abortion is a good method of birth control!"--They're not thinking AT ALL.

Then, the people who did try birth control that failed.

Then, the people, whose situation has changed. Husband/boyfriend left, lost job...

Alien impregnation. (There's got to be another category.) Other.

Rape/incest.

Mother's health requires abortion.
---------------------------------------
The Onion was funny.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 10:29 am
My understanding is that D&X (misnamed "partial birth abortion") is a rarely used procedure, an emergency one. My view, from hearing opponents spew on the subject and use scare tactics to persuade others of their point of view, is that use of the term "PAB" is a giveaway, indicating intransigence and untruthfulness. And my question is (to an ob-gyn): can the procedure be done in another way so as to take the pain and drama out of it while maintaining the mother's health?
0 Replies