Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 04:25 pm
http://www.tothepointnews.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

NUKE IRAN
Written by Dr. Jack Wheeler
Friday, 01 September 2006

Why isn't the world afraid of Jews With Nukes? It's terrified of the prospect of Mullahs With Nukes - but Israel already possess hundreds of nukes and no one freaks out about it.

Least afraid are the Mullahs of Iran and their leader, Mahmoud Ahmadinutjob, who glories in threatening to wipe Israel "off the face of the earth" and arming its enemies like Hezbollah.

The reason they are not afraid and the world is not worried about Jews With Nukes is what philosopher Ayn Rand called The Sanction of the Victim.

She defined this as "the willingness of the good to suffer at the hands of evil."

In other words, Ahmadinutjob is using the moral decency of Israel as a weapon against it. He is betting his country's existence that Jews are too virtuous to do to him what he most desires to do to them. He expects them to be sacrificial victims doomed by their own virtues.

It is now being argued in Israeli halls of power that his assumption should be a fatal mistake. Atlas may be about to shrug in Jerusalem.

Rand's magnum opus, Atlas Shrugged, revolves around the question, what would happen if the victims of evil (the "Atlases" who carry the burden of the world upon their shoulders) no longer permit themselves to be victims, and revoke or shrug off their sanction?

The essence of human morality for Rand is the unwillingness of the good to serve evil, the refusal of the individual person to approve of his being a sacrificial animal. This applies to nations as well.

Thus the current raging yet oh-so-quiet debate among Israeli politicians and generals, not over the philosophy of Ayn Rand, but whether or not to nuke Iran.

That the possibility is being seriously discussed and vehemently argued for by a number of folks gives hope for the survival of Israel. Because survival is what is now at stake for the Jewish state.

The incompetent failure of the IDF (Israeli Defense Forces) to annihilate Hezbollah has convinced the Moslem world that Israel can now at last be defeated, that it is weak and vulnerable.

This past weekend, Iran successfully test-fired a submarine-launched anti-ship missile, the Thaqeb (Farsi for Saturn) which threatens all oil tankers in the Persian Gulf. A day later, it announced the inauguration of a "heavy-water" reactor which can produce weapons-grade material from uranium mined in Iran.

"Heavy" water has a neutron in addition to the single proton in the nucleus of the 2 hydrogen atoms in the water molecule. This makes it much easier and quicker to save neutrons to put into the 238 isotope of uranium from which you make the 239 isotope of plutonium: "weapons grade" P239.

There is absolutely no doubt whatever that the Mullacracy of Iran is building nuclear bombs - albeit fission or "atomic" bombs like those used at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

And there is absolutely no doubt whatever that Israel can take a chance that, once the Mullacracy has those bombs, they will not be dropped upon it.

The only possible conclusion is that if Israel is to survive, it must destroy - as in totally obliterate - Iran's nuclear reactors. This cannot be done conventionally. They've got to be nuked.

When the Soviet Union exploded its first atomic bomb at Semipalatinsk on August 29, 1949, it took the CIA (formed in 1947 out of the wartime OSS) by surprise. It predicted the Soviets were "years away" from the Bomb.

Langley's predictive track record hasn't improved since, whether regarding China in 1964, India in 1974, Pakistan in 1998, or North Korea - where it says the Pyongyang Commies have "several" nukes without any confirming evidence (see Is North Korea Faking It? TTP, March 2004).

Thus, when it was announced yesterday (August 30) that US intel believes Iran is "five to eight years away" from the Bomb, no one - no one-in the IDF took it seriously.

"Have you ever driven a car in Tehran?" an IDF general asked me. I have indeed, I replied. It was the craziest driving experience of my life.

"Then you know that Iranians drive with impossible aggression, expecting that other drivers will swerve away from them to avoid an accident. This works most of the time. But lots of times it doesn't."

I knew just what he was talking about. I have driven in dozens of countries around the world, and I have never seen so many accidents, or come so close in being in one so many times, as in Tehran.

"Ahmadinutjob (OK - he actually said Ahmadinejad), conducts foreign policy like Iranians drive cars" the general continued. "The only way you can get him or them to back down is for them to be convinced the other driver confronting them won't back down.

"That's why our intention to turn Bushehr and Iran's other nuclear facilities into radioactive glass has to be absolutely credible. We have to be willing to do this for real, with no doubts or hesitation."

And if Ahmadinutjob miscalculates and doesn't back down? I asked.

His response was immediate. "Persian glass."

I asked him what the political fallout would be, in addition to the radioactive kind.

"The world will at last take us seriously. Israel is going to survive. It is about time the world figures this out."

"That, by the way," he added, "includes the American State Department."

Sunni Arab countries like Jordan and Saudi Arabia have already given their tacit approval for the nuking of Iran. They know full well how Shiite Iranian nukes will be aimed at them.

It is the Mullacracy of Iran that has to be wiped off the face of the earth, not Israel. Much sooner than later, if Bush doesn't order support for insurgency movements (see There Is No Such Country As Iran, June 2006) and destabilizes Iran to the breaking point, Israel is going to finish off the problem.

Permanently. No more sanction on the victim.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,089 • Replies: 7
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 04:39 pm
Nuke purveyors of hysteria.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 04:46 pm
I stopped reading as soon as I reached this:
Quote:
Ahmadinutjob

All academic and intellectual credibility is lost when an author can't demonstrate beyond a reasonable doubt that they are above the age of 6.
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 04:51 pm
"Arabs may have the oil, but we have the matches." ~ Israeli leader Ariel Sharon

"Masada was not an example to follow--it hurt the Romans not a whit, but Sampson in Gaza? With an H-bomb? What would serve the Jew-hating world better in repayment for thousands of years of massacres but a Nuclear Winter. Or invite all those tut-tutting European statesmen and peace activists to join us in the ovens?" ~ David Perlmutter in Los Angeles Times

ISRAELI NUCLEAR THREATS AND BLACK MAIL
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 04:58 pm
I recommend you folks go over to the site. Here's a quote...
Quote:
All forms of leftism and liberalism are based on an atavistic belief in Black Magic.

Quite a fella, this one.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 05:54 pm
While genius has its limits, idiocy submits to no bounds.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 06:20 pm
http://www.lbah.com/images/canine/disk_disease/kneejerk.jpg

I mean, the guy's not even talking about using nuclear weaponry on PEOPLE....
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 06:17 am
timberlandko wrote:
While genius has its limits, idiocy submits to no bounds.

Hey, birdfella. Any chance you might wing your way here for Nov 7? Our place is certified lynch-free so however things turn out, we're all safe.
0 Replies