my sons fiance is pregnant with somone elses baby.

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 03:57 pm
So much drama, so little time! My son says he's known about the pregnancy since before he asked her to marry him. He wants to raise the baby as his own but he will support what ever decision she makes. She is exploring the idea of an open adoption so she can be included in her babys life. She also thinks maybe she might give the baby to the bio dads family. The bio dad is on the run for violating parole, but she knows his family would want him or her.
I used to be quite a colorful firecracker in my younger years. So I guess I shouldn't be so suprised that my kids are that way too. But I never broke the law or anything! I just always had a lot going on.
But this thing about the new baby has to be driving my son crazy with him being locked up in prison & all.
I'm just rambling here. Any comments?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,157 • Replies: 28
No top replies

flushd

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 04:10 pm
Not really your concern. Unless or until this baby were to become a grandchild of yours.

So..how's life for you, jmparrack?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 07:24 pm
my, you certainly have a lot of interesting things happen to you.
0 Replies

jeanniefranks

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 07:32 pm
In short, CAOTIC Confused All I want anymore these days is peace. Just peace. I don't care about "things" anymore, as long as I get by, I only require minimums. And too much drama in my family throws a wrench into days all too often. I don't even take calls from my mom anymore because she's such a drama queen! I just listen to her voice mails & decide if I want to respond.
I have enough to worry about for my 4 kids. The mountains my mom makes out of mole hills are just ridiculous. Whenever she cunningly tries to reel me in I just say, "no thanks" & usually have to hang up on her. It's not pleasant.
I strive to be her opposite with my kids. They (and all their friends) know they can come to me with anything. I never judge or preach. I know I'm not qualified. But I am as good a person as I know how to be, and I'm always trying to learn new & better ways to enhance my life experience & that of those around me. Like what's really important & what's really not.
I'm just trying to handle each day as it comes along. And if it gets to be too much for me I give up for the day & go back to bed! Exclamation
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 09:38 pm
jm,

So you're son's fiance is pregnant with a criminal who is violating parole, and your son is currently stuck in jail. Did I get that right? This is hardly what I would call a colorful situation...
0 Replies

jeanniefranks

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 10:11 pm
Yep, that's right! My son is in prison, not jail. He stabbed a guy in a fight last summer. The baby to-be's bio dad is going to go BACK to prison on drug charges when he gets caught.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 10:21 pm
Hey jm, do the rest of your children still live at home?
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 10:41 pm
Well Jeannie, I don't think you'll be getting the peace you want anytime soon. It doesn't sound like your son and soon to be wife are very responsible and with a baby on the way you know that's going to cause issues. With your son's wife being involved in drug business and your son having the capability for violence and his choice of company, it is likely that they will have a difficult time taking care of the baby properly and you might end up feeling pressured to take on responsibility. This child will not have an easy life.
0 Replies

jeanniefranks

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 09:44 am
My younger three children are a daughter who is 14, & I have boy/girl twins who will be 12 in Dec. They live with their dads ever since my shock (ECT's) treatments 6 yrs ago. Because of my mental disability (major depression & PTSD) I can barley take care of myself, let alone kids. The 14 yr old is the only one who lives with my alcoholic ex-husband & his wife because that's her dad. The twins live with their dad. I got pregnant with the twins immediately after my divorce. Their dad is a really great person & I really grew to love him, but he couldn't love me. He tried for the sake of the kids, but he said he just couldn't because I'm not his type. It took years for me to accept that, but I finally have.
Both dads give the kids a better life than I could give them. I have my twins every weekend, & my 14 yr old every other weekend. My oldest son also has a different dad. I was pregnant with him before I got married. My ex-husband & I raised him together for 13 yrs. So you see I have 4 kids that have 3 different dads. Pretty crazy, huh? But I've remained friends with my oldest sons dad (& his wife is my best friend), & my twins dad too. My ex-husband & I don't speak & his wife & I only get along on occasion. It depends on her mood, she's bipolar & ontop of that she likes to accert that she has control over my daughters visitations with me. I know this is hard to follow, but this is how it is.
0 Replies

Dizzy Delicious

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 09:58 am
Have you consulted your local priest for advice?
0 Replies

jeanniefranks

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 12:48 pm
I haven't talked to my Priest, that's a good idea though! But I have suggested to my son that he request to see one in there. My own Priest is kind of disappointed in me right now for slacking off on attending Mass. I kind of go in spurts. I'll attend regularly for months on end & then stop for awhile. I don't believe going to church makes you a good Christian anymore than going into the garage makes you a good car. Of course my Priest doesn't agree with that.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 01:26 pm
maybe not what you want to hear, but leave them to it!
if you want to help, offer your support in whichever way you can do it!

And the best of luck to you, your son and the poor baby in between!
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 01:34 pm
that page is too much...

agree with you on the christian issue, though!
maybe you should find yourself another priest!
0 Replies

jeanniefranks

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 06:33 pm
I know, but it's a cool page huh? I have a lot of fun changing it up often. I'll consider talking to a different Priest. We have a new one I haven't met yet at the parish I belong to. Maybe I'll call him.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 06:53 pm
Yes, but don't go the Godfather Wink
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 07:06 pm
Forget the priest. This situation calls for one man...

http://image.com.com/tv/images/processed/photo_viewer/c0/56/1658.jpg
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 07:10 pm
Gargamel wrote:
Forget the priest. This situation calls for one man...

http://image.com.com/tv/images/processed/photo_viewer/c0/56/1658.jpg

Thank you!

I've been afraid to say that since it seems some here think this is for real, but....come on.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 07:11 pm
Uh, maybe it is real. Either way: Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 07:32 pm
Confused Really you don't believe her Chai? I never cease to be astonished by the number of A2K'ers who at first doubt the validity of the stories people post here. I'm sure someone will chalk that doubt up to all the false stories that have been posted, but that's a self fulfilling prophecy! I don't doubt jmp's story for a second.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 07:57 pm
I believe the old adage, the truth is stranger than fiction.
0 Replies