Murray (2)
vonny

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2018 01:23 pm
@Region Philbis,
Great to see Djokovic win today.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2018 11:47 am
US Open heating up! (Terrible pun given the absurd heat there this year.) Sloane Stevens just went down leaving Pliskova and Keys and the highest remaining seeds on the women's side (and Serena). Federer went down last night setting us up for a dream Djokovic and Nadal match up assuming they continue to advance.

Anyone notice all the Serena commercials this year? This one is my favorite.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 07:27 am
Starting off 2019 with the Australian Open. Lots of good story lines here, but one sad one, Andy Murray said his hip problems are going to force him to retire. He gamely played (and lost) in the first round, but it looks like we are losing a top player too soon.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 07:33 am
@engineer,
Just now I'm wondering if none of the spectators has go to work: at 00:32 (Djokovic will soon win his 3rd set) it will be rather late when they return home.
engineer

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 07:45 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I get it is summer and can be very hot, but in general, who wants to be up until 2 or 3 in the morning to watch a sporting event?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 07:59 am
@engineer,
I might do it on tv. (Yes, I guess it's due to the heat.)
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2019 05:38 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Those, who unfortunately miss (have missed) Tsitsipas versus Federer, they have missed a lot: one of the best matches since ages, entertaining like a show-match.
engineer

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2019 05:49 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Wow, glad you posted so I can tune in! Just watched both hold to get to 5-6 in the 4th and Tsitsipas looks great. Real test for Federer here, he looks worn out there.
engineer

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2019 06:04 am
@engineer,
Wow, just wow. Lots of other breakthroughs yesterday. Australian Barty downs Sharapova and Collins destroys Kerber (Collins has a great backstory). Hard to see Venus staying out there much longer when she can't compete with the top players. Halep has a chance to get the rare Williams sister double. Lots of good stories for week two.
engineer

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2019 07:43 am
@engineer,
Serena takes down number one Halep in three. It looks like the way to beat Serena is to be a relative nobody. I saw this stat today, at Slams while playing top five players, Serena is 21-1. She comes loading for bear on the big matches.

Osaka is living up to the hype after winning the US Open. Maybe a rematch with Serena in the semi's? I think both players would be up for that.

engineer

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 08:30 am
@engineer,
Nadal is looking completely healthy, completely dominant. Nadal - Tsitsipas could be the match of the tournament. Anyone else loving Collins's cocky press conferences? Good to see that kind of self confidence (and honesty).
engineer

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2019 07:53 am
@engineer,
So Djokovic destroys Nadal - complete and utter domination in every facet of the game. It's hard to say anything other than Djokovic is in another realm of tennis than everyone else right now and honestly, it's fairly easy to make an argument for Djokovic for greatest ever.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2019 08:14 am
@engineer,

is Nadal done?

he's "only" 32, but there's a lot of mileage on those legs...
engineer

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2019 09:05 am
@Region Philbis,
Hard to say that someone who won six rounds without dropping a set or even a service game is done, but I think he and Federer can see the end. I think some of that is Djokovic. Without him around, both of these guys are major slam threats. (Before Djokovic's resurgence, they split the calendar year slams between them.) With him in the mix, they're just the canvas he demonstrates his skills on. I don't think Federer in particular is willing to play that role. He announced he is going to play the clay court season. I think he is going to take a victory lap and be done at the end of the year.
kevlevrone

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2019 07:53 am
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I like playing tennis very much.
0 Replies

kevlevrone

Reply Tue 7 May, 2019 04:37 am
@engineer,
I am waiting to see game Djokovic vs Fritz. I know that many experts predict victory to Djokovic but I think it won't be so easy for him to win. What do you guys think?
engineer

Reply Tue 7 May, 2019 05:05 am
@kevlevrone,
Djokovic is a machine and when he is on, I don't think anyone can touch him except for Nadal on clay and Federer on grass. That said, Djokovic sometimes doesn't show up mentally at the smaller tournaments or early rounds. I think it's Djokovic's match to win or lose.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 01:18 pm
So, again the best match up in tennis, Djokovic vs Federer at Wimbledon. The women ended up well also with Williams vs Halep.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 01:24 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
Federer
pretty amazing level of play for a soon-to-be 38 year old.

the youngster Nadal turned 33 last month...
0 Replies