Anyone like Tennis?

Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 03:03 pm
@ossobuco,
Like the rest of the nation, I've taken Lisicki to heart, but Bartoli is SUCH a character. One of the funniest, sweetest interviews I saw was with her the other day.
Apparently, she can sleep at any tine, anywhere and reckons that she must have been a cat in a previous life.
In fact, she confessed to having half an hour's kip just before her semi final match. Lovely girl!

I don't mind who wins, actually. It will be one hell of a scrap though, because when Bartoli gets her gander up, there's usually fireworks.
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 03:07 pm
Ilie Nastase, Connors and McEnroe were my faves.

A match between Nastase and Connors almost guaranteed some form of hilarity.
0 Replies

ossobuco

@vonny,
So I just put on a Cecilia Bartoli cd, A Portrait. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Here's a link, not to my cd, but some show:
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

@Lordyaswas,
Lisicki is only our number two ... but she's nicer (and better looking) than Kerber.
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 03:09 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Is she married?

Would she be interested in a tall, blond, blue eyed 30 odd year old Prof of Marine Biology?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 03:12 pm
@vonny,
Also I liked, whenever I read them, his comments (Becker's). Similar to my liking Lindsay Davenport's grasp of tennis in its many aspects. Or so I thought when I read her takes on matters.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 03:13 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Only, if you're interested in ice hockey, even better, if you play it.
margo

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 03:15 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

Is she married?

Would she be interested in a tall, blond, blue eyed 30 odd year old Prof of Marine Biology?

Why - do you know someone like that? We'd all be interested! Smile
Does 30 odd years mean plus 30 even years too?

Missed the first semi but managed to wake up for the 2nd semi. Why do they play these matches in the middle of the night?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 03:15 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Ok, you made me smile. Go, Bartoli!!
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 03:17 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Not me.....

My lump of a lad....

Here he is, making history.....

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-22559360

First underwater lecture in the world, apparently.

He is the third pair of fins from the right, or was it left?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 03:27 pm
@Lordyaswas,
I'm night blind, it happens. Maybe he hasn't been diagnosed.
Or, maybe he's a scammer personality extraordinaire. More likely, given other stuff happening.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 03:28 pm
Beddy byes I think.

It is damned hot tonight, and we have a resident owl in our fir tree, so I'll either boil, or get a cool breeze with the window open and HOOT HOOT all bloody night.
Sweet dreams everyone.
vonny

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 03:43 am
@Lordyaswas,
Hope you slept well and are ready for the match today. Really looking forward to it - do so hope Lisicki wins, but I like Bartoli too, so won't be too disappointed by a result either way. But tomorrow - mmm - not sure if I can bear to watch - so want Djokovic to win!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 03:55 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordy

Hope you manage to catch the Lions vs Wallabies - before the tennis!
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 06:13 am
@margo,
Sunbathing, watching F1-qualifying, and Le Tour, and there was something else on TV ... glad, I'm not interested in rugby.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 06:55 am
@margo,
Not really into Rugby, although if there's a massive match on I'll maybe look in. A game played by men with odd shaped balls, so they say.

Bloody owl hooted most of the night, AND his mate turned up and joined in. Apparently one does the t-wit and the other does the t-woo, but whoever does what, they were both bloody noisy.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 06:58 am
Read a bit about Bartoli this morning. She has an IQ of 175 (Einstein 160), and she never ever stops moving during a game.....air serving in between points and running on the spot.

A house full of people and slight drunken chaos going on, so I'll maybe stop posting for a while.....

See you later...
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 07:14 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

A house full of people and slight drunken chaos going on, so I'll maybe stop posting for a while.....
Oh, you're on Henman Hill today. Wink

Lordyaswas

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 07:31 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Not quite......a big roast lamb dinner with various lubricants before and during, and now the girls have discovered my blueberry vodka, which they're raiding frequently and mixing it with champagne.
One of these "girls" is 73, and is giggling like a 15 year old, last time I looked.

It'll end in tears.....
izzythepush

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 08:39 am
@Lordyaswas,
If you're going to be making 'champagne' cocktails save your money and buy sparkling wine instead. A very good champagne makes very little difference to the overall quality of a champagne cocktail.

Try mixing it with half a shot of crème de cassis, and half a shot of poire William. That's really good.
0 Replies