Laughing Laughing

try it with
a.ss.hol.e

Without the periods
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 11:57 am
Interesting

I tried out certain words. See what do you get with "moron".
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 12:00 pm
Try ass. Hehe, this is cracking me up. Laughing
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 01:11 pm
Googlebombing certainly confirms that the internet makes ever simpler the already unchallenging pursuit of the creation of entertainments for the easily amused, while revealing the target audience eagerly - even desperately - seek same.
0 Replies

Erik30

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 01:29 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Laughing Laughing

try it with
a.ss.hol.e

Without the periods

That is VERY FUNNY.

Jim's Big Ego is the band. I'll have to lookout for them.

Cool.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 03:20 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Googlebombing certainly confirms that the internet makes ever simpler the already unchallenging pursuit of the creation of entertainments for the easily amused, while revealing the target audience eagerly - even desperately - seek same.

Would the audience be considered to be seeking equally desperate amusement if the subject was not always GWB? Laughing
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 03:23 pm
Here's Google's explanation for the whole thing:

If you do a Google search on the word [failure] or the phrase [miserable failure], the top result is currently the White House's official biographical page for President Bush. We've received some complaints recently from users who assume that this reflects a political bias on our part. I'd like to explain how these results come up in order to allay these concerns.

Google's search results are generated by computer programs that rank web pages in large part by examining the number and relative popularity of the sites that link to them. By using a practice called googlebombing, however, determined pranksters can occasionally produce odd results. In this case, a number of webmasters use the phrases [failure] and [miserable failure] to describe and link to President Bush's website, thus pushing it to the top of searches for those phrases. We don't condone the practice of googlebombing, or any other action that seeks to affect the integrity of our search results, but we're also reluctant to alter our results by hand in order to prevent such items from showing up. Pranks like this may be distracting to some, but they don't affect the overall quality of our search service, whose objectivity, as always, remains the core of our mission.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 03:30 pm
Intrepid wrote:
timberlandko wrote:

Would the audience be considered to be seeking equally desperate amusement if the subject was not always GWB? Laughing

Perhaps - but things being as they are, it clearly is evident that signal, even preponderant, among the demographic defined by the easily amused are Bushophobes.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 03:44 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
timberlandko wrote:

Perhaps - but things being as they are, it clearly is evident that signal, even preponderant, among the demographic defined by the easily amused are Bushophobes.

Bush despisers, too.
0 Replies

Littleskittle

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 10:29 pm
Try it with French military victories. Press "I'm feeling lucky, or just click search, and click the top one.

Very Happy
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 11:03 pm
bm. This is priceless
0 Replies