Should I break Off after Two Broken "Dates?"

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 01:33 pm
So we have been out three times, really great times together. It appeared we were about to make that big step toward having sex but neither one of us wanted to rush it.

We had a definite date for brunch for last sunday and she broke saying she had a really stiff neck. I called her at home later in the day and, from what I can gather she was home resting.

We didn't talk throughout the week, I called her once but didn''t leave a message. Saturday night, we ran into one another at the bar (a dyke bar mainly) where we met. She was really pretty ****-faced, saying she had been in a hit and run accident earlier. She was really warm towards and even more physical then she had been, even to the point where onlookers would say, "Hey get a room." Me, I was practically about to meltdown since it's been a couple months without. (which never seemed to bother me in the past but now it does)

So anyway, we say goodnight, I left before she did and she asked me over for brunch at her place. I haven't been to her flat and it seemed that when the big step was to take place, it would take place there. She was really drunk and had to drive but only a few blocks, she kinda got a little irked that I suggested she was too drunk to drive.

In hindsight, I shouldn't even have taken the invite seriously. I wasn't counting on it anyway. But she didn't even call me. I called her twice and left messages and she didn't return the call. The last message I left said I was worried that she didn't make it home, so please call me to let me know at least you are OK.

At this point, I am kinda thinking this relationship is history. I am wondering if I should even call her again. I tend to think not and even if she calls me, or when I see her , just give her the cold shoulder or tell her that my time is too valuable to spend it waiting around for her.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,843 • Replies: 20
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 01:41 pm
Is it possible that she's not into women or she's nervous about the whole thing? I would say, wait for her to call. If she doesn't within the next few days consider the whole thing history.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 01:49 pm
She is very much into women or so it would appear. It seems like a lot of the regulars at the bar consider us an item. She is bi though and that kind of makes me wonder.

But yeah, unless I find out later something happned to her, I think it's history. And if she doesn't call, should I give her the cold shoulder when I see her at the bar?
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 02:11 pm
Sorry to be blunt Roxxxxane but it sounds like she doesn't want you. Don't waste any more time on her. No don't give her the cold shoulder but just be aloof like she is an aquaintance you don't really care for. Say hello, smile and leave it at that. Don't even give her a second glance.

x
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 02:16 pm
Smile and be pleasant. Remember, living well is the best revenge.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 02:56 pm
Invite me to the bar with you. When she sees she could have both of us she will become out-of-control with desire.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 03:11 pm
Dorothy Parker wrote:
Sorry to be blunt Roxxxxane but it sounds like she doesn't want you. Don't waste any more time on her. No don't give her the cold shoulder but just be aloof like she is an aquaintance you don't really care for. Say hello, smile and leave it at that. Don't even give her a second glance.

She is defintely attracted to me. There is no question about it. But I agree that is about what I meant by giving her the "cold shoulder" Just act like she is an acquaintance as you said.

All in all, I think I am trying too hard. She is not a match for me anyway because she drinks too much and I am more intro a healthy lifestyle. She is two years younger and she's kinda pretty but not anywhere near as buff and attractive as I am. Incredibly, she said she wanted to hook up with me two or three times this week to exercise.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 03:12 pm
NickFun wrote:
Invite me to the bar with you. When she sees she could have both of us she will become out-of-control with desire.

That sounds like a plan! Smile
0 Replies

Shazzer

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 06:51 pm
Quote:
She is defintely attracted to me. There is no question about it.

She may very well be attracted to you; you are a better judge than we are. But regardless, she may not want to pursue you for another reason. One that may have nothing to do with you, the person.

Quote:
In hindsight, I shouldn't even have taken the invite seriously. I wasn't counting on it anyway. But she didn't even call me.

People that don't call are either uninterested or playing games.

If she's being this inconsiderate in the early stages of your relationship, just imagine what kind of girlfriend she'd turn out to be.

I'd say it's history or possibly an opportunity for casual, most likely drunken, sex. But she doesn't really seem that interested in a relationship of any sorts.

Go with blacksmithn on this one, I'd say.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 08:58 pm
Lots of good advice, which I really need this time as this was not one of my tongue in cheek threads. (Which I apologze for if anyone was taken aback from my bullshit)
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 07:57 am
The ball's in her court.

If she calls, it's for her to explain/apologise and for you to judge whether that's "real". If she hasn't the nerve or the decency to do so - you're better without her.

As for the exercise - maybe she sees you as inpiration and hasn't found it easy to motivate herself. Don't do her down on that front. I can imagine similar things being said about me by very healthy/fit women in the past!

Best of luck with this one or the next...
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 11:09 am
Looks like this is history.

As posted in another thread, I met a gorgeous woman last night who happens to be an attorney and we are going to start seeing one another.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 10:09 am
S o like after two weeks, she calls me and said she had been having problems, she was in a lot of pain from the car accident and she is having problems coping with menopause. So I agree to see her again, we set up tenative date for dinner, I call her around 1pm and we confirm that I am picking her up at 6 pm. She calls me up an hour later nda says she got some money in the mail and now she has to get her car out of hock (?) and she will be tied up until "later" and she knows I have to work so let's get together on a day when I don't have to wrk and she seemed to be implying that she wanted to take the next step.

So I agreed to another date Saturday night. I figured what the hell, I don't have any other options anyway. I also assumed that she would break this date too and, syre enough, I calle dher three times during the week and she never even returned my call. Even though I had not bought into this date actually taking place, I felt very hurt and rejected over this.

Lately, it seems that all the women I meet have partners or, at least dates. On several occasions, I get involved with conversing with someone witha partner or date and the partner or date winds up getting pissed.

This boosts my ego and confidence but accomplishing nothing. You all have heard the joke about lesbains renting U-hauls on their second date. I am starting to think it's true. Of course, it can't happen for me unless I get past the first date.

Anyway, I am so frustrated, I am almost considering going back to men, and there are lots of them available.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 10:09 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
Looks like this is history.

As posted in another thread, I met a gorgeous woman last night who happens to be an attorney and we are going to start seeing one another.

PS that never got off the ground. Another mystery!
0 Replies

charm

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 10:45 am
Confused
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 11:24 am
See my new thread about my new internet ad!
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 02:30 pm
Post the link Roxxxy!
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 09:49 pm
... after two months, I decide to go back to my old haunt in Bernal Heights where I met Mari, it was always the same BS, let's get together, yada, yada, yada. Finally I told her if anything, I wouldn't mind being her friend and I was really into men, which is bullshit as of this moment, I am really sick of men, anyway I went in Friday night, I got a lot of attention from the guys and girls there, I guess this whole thing is really weird since we are both bi and hanging out in a mixed bar...I pretty much ignored her and talked to this one guy who really was smitten with me, but his husband shows up, that's right HIS husband shows up, but he ignores him and keeps talking to me for like another hour. He whines to Mari about it and wondered where the heck SHE came from? (Me) I said wow dude you are gay and married, what is up? Well, he said, before he met his husband, he was married to a woman.

This is all getting too weird so I tell everybody, I am going to The Mint, a karaoke bar, I invite this other woman along who was eager to talk to me but couldn't get a word in edgewise either. Anyway, I go sing at this bar, I get into trouble there too but that's like a whole another chapter.

Last night Sunday night, I decided to stop back at the bar where I met Mari and it was slow because all the grrrls were down the street watching the L-word at the bar that had the east coast feed.

So Mari starts buying me drinks, then she invites me to her place to watch the L-word and cuddle, yep neither one of us are interested in sex, right?

Anyway, we watch ten minutes of the L-word and, of course, we are all over one another like rabbits. It was absolutely incredible as I hadn't been with a woman for awhile, I think it really convinced me that I much prefer being with women, it is just so much more sensuous.

The bottom line is I think we are both too much alike and we are both trying to get the upper hand. But I really, really like her a lot, I can't believe I have known her for six months now. Who knows where this will lead? I am not going to lose any sleep worrying about it.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 09:46 am
We met last night for dinner, we both agreed that we can't do sleepovers when we have to work the next day, then when it came time to say goodnight, she wanted me to go home with her.

I told her from the first moment I saw her I felt an emotional connect, sort of love at first sight thing, she told me she felt the same and that she was always afraid to get involved with me but now she is so...'

This is a very amazing woman, I thought she was full of ****, she has been an associate producer for Jack Webb, worked as a photojournalist for Star magazine, has an active AFTRA card, is a scriptwriter and a lot of other stuff but I found out that everything she has told me so far is true, she drives a brand new convertible and maintains a 2000/month flat in the city, really nice stuff in her place, original artwork and stuff,

I just can't believe this MAY BE turning into an LTR...maybe it's not...anyway I am hooked on her again, we will see what happens, if nothing happens, I can deal with it. Somehow.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 09:55 am
Good luck in whatever direction it takes. Just remember to enjoy it rather than worry too much.

Sometimes we can get luckier than we hoped (I know that's the way I feel with my girlfriend of 6 months and counting...)

Very Happy
0 Replies