How to make a girly theme party appeal to boys?

Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 07:16 am
My soon to be 4 year old wants a Snow White party. As there will be boys attending, any thoughts on how to make this appeal to boys too? I was thinking of maybe putting a big focus on the 7 dwarfs to make it more boy friendly.

Crafts ideas for example - I usually like to start the party with a craft project - that way when children arrive at different times it isn't a big deal - they can just jump in and start a craft project when they arrive.

I thought a charade game of the dwarfs might be fun - each children pretends to be a dwarf and the others guess which dwarf. I also found a recipe to make a potion with baking soda that gives the impression of a caldron bubbling up. Also, thought of doing something with mine idea - like ring lollipops hidden away in some fashion like the dwarf's mining for jewels.

Any other ideas?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,706 • Replies: 21
No top replies

material girl

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 07:36 am
Can I come please!!!?
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 07:39 am
The dwarves idea is good but I ususally find that little boys jump at the chance to play at "girly" stuff anyway.

x
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 07:41 am
The seven dwarves wroked in a mine.

What about finding small plastic mine tools for the boys to wear and 'work' with?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 07:42 am
Ive had a think-
Wasnt there a woodcutter as well, he pretended he'd killed Snow White so maybe the boys could dress as that.

You could make toffee apples-as SW ate an apple

I googled SW on images and you can et SW colourig pages,you could print some off, they may be an idea for a craft.

Also, a game, you could hide pretend diamonds/rubies(as the dwarves were miners) etc in a garden and get the kids to look for them, like an egg hunt .

I shall continue my thinking.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 07:46 am
You should be a party organiser MG

x
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 07:49 am
Dorothy Parker wrote:
You should be a party organiser MG

x

hehe, its my childish persona.

I like Linkats ideas, especially the misty potion thingy.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 07:50 am
Yeah misty potions always go down well

x
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 08:03 am
You can also get something that gives off a layer of mist on the floor.I think party shops do them.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 08:29 am
Thanks all! Keep the ideas coming - I think at lunch I will look at AC Moore website for crafts ideas too. Love the smokey thing and I do think you can rent such objects - however, as cool as it is - I would like to keep costs down as much as possible. With Halloween just around the corner I was thinking if I could find little caldrons then each child could make their own potion - maybe throw in some creepy crawlys just for fun - anything spooky the boys would love.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 08:32 am
She wants a Snow White party when you have that avatar?

Brave girl....
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 08:34 am
Hey I forgot about that when I asked the question! Kind of ironic heh. She does love Snow White - and I love to play the queen - love doing the spooky voice when I read the book to her. I am truly evil as this voice terrifies both my daughters.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 08:43 am
Well then you know what you have to do at the party...

Be the evil queen!

I love the idea of integrating apples into the whole thing -- either real ones or as a theme (cupcakes, say). So for example you could dress up as the queen (who is herself dressed up for that part) and pass out the "apples" using an evil voice + cackle. Would appeal to everyone.

Cauldron is good. Apples can appear from its vicinity.

Can have crowns for everyone -- there is a prince in the story too, after all. (Kids all seem to like crowns.)

That can be the craft project, or A craft project -- cut out the basics from gold cardboard (thin) and then have a variety of things they can paste on for decoration.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 08:50 am
Is there any way you can make the room look like a forest.Maybe put fake black crows somewhere.
Can you get sound effects like a creepy night with owls and wolves, you could play it in the background.

Also, a small thing.Make some ice cubes for the drinks but add colour to them so they look like rubies or sapphires etc.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 09:58 am
Some cool ideas. I was thinking - if I could find them - instead of a goody bag - find fake apples that open up and put goodies in them.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 09:58 am
Gummy worms, for the boys....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 10:32 am
Bury the ring pops and other "jewels" in the sandbox (be sure they're wrapped!) and let the "dwarves" dig them out.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 03:30 am
Linkat wrote:
Some cool ideas. I was thinking - if I could find them - instead of a goody bag - find fake apples that open up and put goodies in them.

I'm pretty sure you can get them at Oriental Trading Company... The site's not up at this moment, so I can't check on that myself for you...

Some games not yet mentioned: Ring toss around the dwarves... You need to blow up pictures of the dwarves or draw them onto cardboard (or plywood if you're more industrious than I would be) and then have hula hoops ready to toss over the characters... Assign points for ringing the different dwarves...

Hot Potato, only w/an apple...

Musical chairs (to "Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's Off to Work We go.")
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 06:51 am
Did anyone mention the Prince? - he's sort of important to the story. Maybe you could have a prince contest. The boys could dress like knights and carry swords and shields. You could have a mock tournament where they get to wack at each other (just kidding, sort of). But Seriously - the Snow Whites ( I assume there will be more than one) can give a colored handkerchief to their favorite prince and you could set up some competition games for both boys and girls to win prizes. If a boy wins both he and his Snow White get a prize, if a girl wins a competition both she and her Prince get a prize. This way the boys and girls have to work together and cheer each other on. I'm sure you can streamline my thinking here.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 07:03 am
A cheap mining game for everyone.

The girls are the 'snow whites', the boys of course are the miners.

Take some boxes you have around the house and place them in hidden areas.
Go to a dollar store and buy cheap kiddo girly jewlery.
and some small cars or other party favors for the boys.

Wrap them in colored paper and 'hide them' in the mines.

Have the boys mine the toys for the party?
0 Replies