Do you believe in ghosts?

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 09:20 pm
This ad was shot in Britain, and it purports to show a ghost that was inadvertantly videotaped. U decide. Pay close attention and you may see it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3385579284690408654&q=label%3Adamn%21
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,319 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 09:22 pm
@#%$!!!@@##$$$### I saw it
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 11:55 pm
I don't believe in ghosts. I also don't mess with them.

Sorry, I don't often follow links.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 06:21 am
I didnt see it?

Cool
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 06:27 am
I've seen this before

No, I don't believe in ghosts

To quote John lennon 'I just believe in me'

x
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 09:29 am
Laughing I thought it was dead funny.

Come see me in H.I. sometime.
0 Replies

xkaitimaex

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 03:08 pm
Yes

*Yes because I saw pictures at the hotel that is haunted. And the story of the whole ghost thing in was that there was a lady getting married there and there was a BIG fire there and she died in it. Now people think shes still at the hotel as a ghost*

It was WICKED.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2006 03:01 am
Yes, I believe in ghosts. I have seen one. I don't ask you to believe me, but you did ask if I believed in them.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2006 06:12 am
Do tell, lezzles...

I don't believe in them, but I love ghost stories.

x
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2006 10:24 am
Many years ago I was living in Nairobi, just out of town, across the road from a convent. Quite often I would see the nuns walking into town or coming home, so I made a habit of giving them a lift in my car. One night I had been to dinner at some friends' home and got home very late. I had had some wine with dinner, but was by no means drunk as we had eaten at about 7.30pm and this was about 2 am. As I drove past the convent there was suddenly a man in front of my car. He threw his arms up to protect his face just as I hit him. I was stunned.

It was the number one rule with the police there NOT to stop if you hit someone, but to either go straight to the police station or go home and contact the police. Thinking the poor man was trapped under the front of the car, I very slowly backed up (I had felt no impact bump when I hit him, or jolt when he went under the car, so I was sure the wheels had not gone over him), but there was no sign of him. I was only a few yards from the driveway to my home, so I went home and called the police.

They came and investigated, but could find no trace of him. They said it was likely he had not been hurt very much and had crept off into the bushes. They came back in the daylight and searched the area thoroughly to no avail. They examined my car but there was not a mark on it. They advised me to just put the matter out of my head. This haunted me for days as I thought of the poor man dead or dying somewhere in the bush nearby.

A few days later I was headed into town and saw two nuns walking along the road. I stopped and gave them a lift. With the incident still on my mind I asked if they had seen an injured man in the convent grounds or heard of anyone being hit by a car. I told them about my hitting the man. They looked at each other and asked when it had happened. I told them and they told me not to worry about it as it was "only Joseph".

They then told me the story of how Joseph, the convent gardener, had been coming home to the convent late one night after a night out drinking with his friends and he was, in fact, hit and killed by a car in the spot I had described. This had happened quite some years earlier but that he did appear every now and then.

I knew one of the senior officers in the police station I had called and I asked him if he had heard this story. He laughed and said that they all knew about Joseph and the police who had come to investigate were sure it was him. I asked him why they didn't tell me that at the time. His response was that they thought 'the memsahib' would think they were ignorant blacks if they mentioned it. I told him he could pass on to them that 'the memsahib' was sure they thought she was nuts.

It has been a long time since this transpired, but it is still as clear in my mind as the day it happened. He was not transparent or 'ghostly' in appearance, did not shimmer, did not rattle chains, or 'come at me' - he was just 'there'.

I don't know what the explanation is - I just know what I saw and had this confirmed by very sensible people. They weren't excited about it or out to get publicity, money, etc - they just accepted it. So do I.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2006 11:37 am
That's very spooky, lezzles Shocked

Thanks for sharing - love ghost stories...

Thought it was funny that you 'got into the habit' of picking the nuns up! Laughing

x
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sun 15 Oct, 2006 12:45 am
Must have been a Freudian 'slip'!! Laughing
0 Replies

Trillion

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 04:08 am
Heres my ghost story

ghost story

This happened about a month ago just outside of Dulac, a little town in the bayou country of Louisiana, and while it sounds like an Alfred Hitchcock tale, it's real.

This out-of-state traveler was on the side of the road, hitchhiking on a real dark night in the middle of a thunderstorm. Time passed slowly and no cars went by. It was raining so hard he could hardly see his hand in front of his face.

Suddenly, he saw a car moving slowly, approaching and appearing ghostlike in the rain. It slowly and silently crept toward him and stopped. Wanting a ride real bad, the guy jumped in the car and closed the door; only then did he realize that there was nobody behind the wheel, and no sound of an engine to be heard over the rain.

Again the car crept slowly forward and the guy was terrified, too scared to think of jumping out and running. The guy saw that the car was approaching a sharp curve and, still too scared to jump out, he started to pray and beg for his life; he was sure the ghost car would go off the road and in the bayou and he would surely drown!

But just before the curve a shadowy figure appeared at the driver's window and a hand reached in and turned the steering wheel, guiding the car safely around the bend. Then, just as silently, the hand disappeared through the window and the hitchhiker was alone again! Paralyzed with fear, the guy watched the hand reappear every time they reached a curve.

Finally the guy, scared to near death, had all he could take and jumped out of the car and ran to town. Wet and in shock, he went into a bar and voice quivering, ordered two shots of whiskey, then told everybody about his supernatural experience. A silence enveloped & everybody got goose bumps when they realized the guy was telling the truth (and not just some drunk).

About half an hour later two guys walked into the bar and one says to the other, "Look Boudreaux, der's dat idiot that rode in our car when we wus pushin' it in the rain."

Twisted Evil haha sorry folks..the devil made me do that !
0 Replies