Why is any criticism of a culture considered racist?

MarionT

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 09:02 pm
Snood- I am not starting up with you again. I am trying to give you an insight that Sowell, Cosby and Shelby Steele may be correct and that Jackson, Sharpton and Farrakhan are race merchants The role models are the Chinese. Even the so called majority Caucasians would do well to imitate their success in School. Look into it. You may learn something.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 09:07 pm
Bernard/massagatto/Marion - I wasn't talking to you.
I'll make it easy to tell when I'm talking to you. If I am talking to you, I will start the post with "Bernard/massagatto/Marion", or "hey jagoff".
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 09:10 pm
snood wrote:
Bernard/massagatto/Marion - I wasn't talking to you.
I'll make it easy to tell when I'm talking to you. If I am talking to you, I will start the post with "Bernard/massagatto/Marion", or "hey jagoff".

I find that the simple "Possum" works just as well.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 09:12 pm
"Possum" is a good one, but I'm still fond of "jagoff" - it's so descriptive of his thinking and writing.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 09:18 pm
MarionT wrote:
And how long have you been unable to read, Dys? If you had any cojones at all, you would show you are man( you are, aren't you) and you would gather up evidence to show I am in error., But you are really too dyslexic to do that, aren't you?

Wow! For someone who is so concerned with the rights and plight of black folk, so concerned for equality for all - you are quite a little bigot about something so common and so unchangable as dyslexia....... what an jagoff <thanks Snood>.
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 10:49 pm
How can one be a bigot about Dyslexia? I did not know one could be bigoted about Dyslexic desert lizards.
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 10:52 pm
As clueless and as articulate as ever( the inner city does breed articulate responders) Snood replies to the post with his learned comment-"Jackoff".
I am very much afraid that it is Snood's incessant autoerotic activities which render him unable to respond to the following:

Here is what the mentally challenged Snood will never understand about an African-American he should be inspired to imitate.

Dr. Sowell clearly shows that the failings of African-Americans in academics are tied to a dysfunctional culture in which "hoops" and "rap" and "hos" are the controlling ideas. Dr. Sowell shows the utter weakness of the old and tired argument that "socio-economics" and not "culture" is the controlling element in keeping many African-Americans from achieving in academics.

quote from "Race and Culture" P. 172

"While test scores usually correlate with family income or parental occupations in the general population, such socioeconomic indicators do not explain many intergroup differences. The Chinese children tested in Hong Kong came from families less affluent than the English children whom they outperformed on nonverbal tests. In the United States, Blacks of above average socioeconomic status have not averaged as high IQ as whites of lower socioeconomic status, and neither Blacks, Mexican-Americans, not American Indians from families of incomes of $50,000 and above scored as well on the quantitative portion of the SAT in 1981 as Asian Americans from families with incomes of $16,000 or less. The environment that matters for the purpose may be cultural rather than economic."

Even Cosby has encouraged African-Americans to drop their focus on "hoops", "rap" and "hos" but race carders like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, who wish to remain in power keep grinding out the race card which identifies Blacks as "victims" under the heel of a racist USA.
0 Replies

Renatus5

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 12:11 pm
I think that Mr. or is it Ms. Marion T. protests too much. However, any balanced look at the troubles of African-Americans in the USA must come up with the finding that there is still institutional and personal racism which hampers Black people. They must constantly prove themselves to be better than Whites in order to be accepted. However, the culture of the Ghetto is a culture which must be totally changed in order for Black people to fully engage in the US Economy. The ridiculous emphasis on "victimhood" must go.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 12:14 pm
So, Italgato . . . er, i mean, Renatus . . . did you really think this would work?
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 12:28 pm
Why don't you try to answer the question as to whether the British were racist in thier suppression of Sutee or whether some in the USA are racist in their cries against Clitoroidectomy, you doddering old blogger? You can't handle questions which test your aging brain, can you?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 12:29 pm
Your new mask just slipped, Italgato/Massagato/Chiczaria/Mortkat/BernardR/MarionT/Renatus5 . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 12:30 pm
As a purely informational note--i don't write a blog, and i don't read the blogs of others.
0 Replies

Renatus5

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 12:36 pm
Sir- Why don't you use the courtesy which the rules state is necessary in order to post? Rudeness is not very admirable and will not convice anyone of your positions?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 12:58 pm
Renatus5 wrote:
Rudeness is not very admirable and will not convice anyone of your positions?

That's a question? You aren't certain that you believe that to be so?

Perhaps you could explain what is rude about taking note of the multiple personalities under which an individual decides to post here.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 08:15 pm
littlek wrote:
stuh505 wrote:
People from every ethnicity tend to look and act in similar ways. So of course we generalize about them, just as we would generalize about any group of people than can be identified. There's nothing wrong with that, and there's nothing wrong with not liking them. If somebody chooses not to like a group of people, say -- chinese people, or people who are in chess clubs, or short people, or fat people, or jocks...that's fine.

The above is called racism or bias

Quote:
It's perfectly reasonable to assume you won't like someone based on similarity to other people you don't like, and there's nothing wrong with making fun of those people behind their backs. Nobody likes all groups, and we all make fun of the groups of people we don't like from time to time.

I'd say that this second quote shows racism and bias, still, and would disagree as to whether there is nothing wrong with it.

Quote:
[sic] ....showing open disrespect in some way to those people to their face.

This is called discrimination and it's illegal.

Quote:
I've never witnessed racism.
impossible!

Does anyone here feel that these words of mine amount to calling Stuh a racist?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 08:59 pm
Well, I take it to mean littlek thinks it's impossible for a grown person in the US to have never witnessed racism.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 09:21 pm
Thanks snood. Anyone else?
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 09:27 pm
littlek, you were saying that what stuh said was racist.

Not the same thing as calling Stuh a racist.

I'd like to say that I think there is some racism in everyone, even me, even though I abhor it.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 10:33 pm
littlek,

I judge from your comment that you did not intend to imply that I was racist. Why couldn't you just say that when I asked?

Anyway, I do take offense, because to say that my quote "shows racism and bias" means that I personally am exhibiting racism and bias by making the quote, which does imply that I am racist.

I would not care about that nearly so much if this weren't a public place where people can read and get the wrong idea. I would not want anyone to read this and feel that I am looking down upon them for their ethnicity.

I don't think that a person's ethnicity is itself a factor in the "quality" of the person.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 11:19 pm
I think it's impossible NOT to be a little racist or sexist or ag(e)ist or biased in some way... it's not just the way we're brought up, but it's the reality we live in.

I just don't believe anyone who says they're not some sort of 'ist'... many of us don't want to be, but if you boil it right down to the nitty-gritty, all of us ARE, in some way, at some time, a little bit that way.

And I don't think there's anything wrong with being that way, or any other way, as long as it doesn't hurt someone else. And you keep it to yourself.
0 Replies