For Neologist, and anyone else affiliated with watchtower.

Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:29 pm
Neo, get some cold drinks, this may be a long one.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:32 pm
MA wrote:

I really think that was a low thing to do to Neo. I really do. It appears to be one more way to attack someone because they have a strong belief in something that you don't. If it was obviously not an attack then I don't think you would have needed to make that statement.

intrepid wrote:

I find myself in agreement with Arella Mae on this.

It is one thing to ask a question regarding any subject. It is quite another to ask the question directly of a member because said member has been open enough to provide information on his chosen religion. Especially since the original poster (Doktor S) has his own brand of religion that is not in line with Neo's. There can only be one reason to bring this up. It seems to have had it's expected result.

ebrown_p wrote:

Neologist,

I also agree with what Arella says and I apologize for the offensive tone of this thread.

Wow, we are going to need a whole box of tissue to accommodate the sniveling here. If someone is confident in what they believe, why should they fear or be offended by direct questions about them? That you people find the very fact someone would 'dare' to ask such a thing appalling is a telling indication of your collective lack of intestinal fortitude. I am quite certain Neo is made of sterner stuff.

Of all the religionists on this site, Neo is the only one I would honestly say I like. Perhaps even respect.
It is because of this that I asked what I did. You won't find me asking rexred to explain his incoherent ramblings nor real life about the fine mechanics of young earth creationism simply because I wouldn't expect a coherent answer, and I would feel I was wasting my time. Neo on the other hand, seems to have his head screwed on mostly straight, which to me makes him something of a curiosity. Almost like a mediator between the worlds of reality and religion. (which are miles apart if you ask me)
I ask you, oh offended puritans, how you learn things without asking questions?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:35 pm
Neo,

I'm glad he respects you. At least he respects somebody or something. But quite honestly, his ad hominem attacks make me quite ill.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:36 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
That amen was meant for Intrepid.

DYSLEXIA! IT'S ARELLA MAE! NOT MOAN! I AM ASKING YOU KINDLY TO USE MY USER ID! IF YOU DON'T USE THE CORRECT ONE I WILL ASSUME, JUST LIKE WITH SETANTA, BIG GUY, DUDE, THAT YOU ARE DOING IT OUT OF MALICIOUS INTENT JUST AS I DID WHEN I CALLED HIM SET, BIG GUY AND DUDE! A BIT OF HIS OWN MEDICINE!

EhBeth and Lady Diane are too good for the both of you!

incredible, get a grip.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:41 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
Neo,

I'm glad he respects you. At least he respects somebody or something. But quite honestly, his ad hominem attacks make me quite ill.

I will expect either an example or a retraction of this obvious attempt at character defamation, post haste.
I highly doubt you understand what 'ad hominem' means.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:42 pm
Dear Dyslexia,

I happen to have a grip just fine thank you. I'm just sick and tired of you and WHAT'S HIS NAME AGAIN? continually using MOAN when you have been asked not to. And I have asked nice many times. How predictable that you would turn it around to me having a problem so you don't have to look at your own behavior. Yep, I wanna be an atheist just like you when I grow up. NOT!!!!!!!!!!

Now, if y'all excuse me, I have some Christian friends I am going to invite to join me on A2K. They just love to take on you big strong atheist men! Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:43 pm
Yah know Dys, i'm beginning to suspect that MOAN has the wet panties bad for atheist "dudes" . . .
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:44 pm
Well done Arella. Now just walk away from this thread, and let the big strong guys have their dominion.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:46 pm
Doktor S Wrote:

Quote:
I will expect either an example or a retraction of this obvious attempt at character defamation, post haste.
I highly doubt you understand what 'ad hominem' means.

Ok, you either posted that to get me to respond to you or you just really don't see the hypocrisy in that post? Well as to getting me to respond fine. I turned back on the TV. When I click you permanently I won't respond again.

[quote]I HIGHLY DOUBT YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT 'ad hominem' means.[/quote]

[quote]An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin, literally "argument against the person") involves replying to an argument or assertion by attacking the person presenting the argument or assertion rather than the argument itself[/quote]

Sorry, silly me. I kind of take things like that as compliments. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:47 pm
Done Snood! Good to see you!
0 Replies

Joe Sixpack

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:47 pm
I got to wonderin' what all the fuss was about at neo's house and Glorybetabeansprouts! What a fuss! I think it's about time we all got together fer a barbecue.

But not at my house! No way!

You folks skeer me.

Down at the park after the ball game and B.Y.O.B.!

Ahl fry the burgers and bring the tater salad.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:49 pm
MA,
Hmm, I saw neither a posted example of me using an ad hominem argument nor a retraction of what would appear to be a blatent lie on your part. This is a new low for you.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:50 pm
Hi Joe.

BYOB -- Would that be Bring Your Own Bat?

:wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:52 pm
Doktor S wrote:
MA,
Hmm, I saw neither a posted example of me using an ad hominem argument nor a retraction of what would appear to be a blatent lie on your part. This is a new low for you.

You must not know MOAN very well--lying is her stock in trade.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:53 pm
How come when I start a new topic, it doesn't get this much attention?

What am I - sliced bread?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:55 pm
neologist wrote:
How come when I start a new topic, it doesn't get this much attention?

What am I - sliced bread?

Your topics are probably not controversial enough. Laughing
0 Replies

Doktor S

You were intended to be the star of this topic Neo. I have no idea what went wrong Razz
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Doktor S wrote:
MA,

Look, the last thing you are is stupid. You implied that I have no intellect, (intellectual abstinence), I doubt that you know what an hominem is (implying I'm stupid). Stop being a coward Dok. You know you said those things with let's say, not pure intent? Apologize to you? Nope, but I'll forgive you for your implications.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:56 pm
Aw, come on, Neo . . . don't pout. One of the reason your thread's don't blow up is because you appear to be a decent, honest man. Apart from a nut case like Scott, i can't imagine anyone here has it in for you.

If you really want excitement, and needlessly long threads, just make a few enemies.

Or venture into the Politics Forum . . .
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:57 pm
Nah Neo, your topics are just fine. It just appears they like to attack women who stand up to their crap.

And Doktor S, it is Arella Mae, AM not MA, thank you.
0 Replies