Need help on gift for wife

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:44 am
I was thinking today, new for me :wink: , and realized that in November will be our 20th anniversary of meeting my gf who is now my wife. Bumps and bruises along the way, broke up a few times, but in the end she is now my wife of 12 yrs and 3 months.

I think it would be a nice surprise to get her something and do something on this day. I hope she remembers, if not it's no big deal.

What do you get someone on a 20th anniversary? It lands on a Wednesday, so it could be tough to go out.

She likes lobster and thought about a candle light lunch while kids are at school. I need to get things ready now b/c in a couple weeks I'll be very busy with planting and harvest.

Thanks for your help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 608 • Replies: 5
No top replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:48 am
I'd go with a surprise romantic weekend getaway for just the two of you.

Or jewelry. Chicks love the sparklies.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:53 am
12th year of marriage is symbolised by silk traditionallly or modernity suggests pearls, coloured gems.
20th is china or platinum, so take your pick.

Maybe go away on the weekend before or after then get a her a gift to open on the wednesday.

Other suggestions-get a flower named after her.Adopt a lobster in a zoo...
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 09:46 am
Adopt a lobster?! Shocked

Oh yeah. That's what every woman I've ever met would want...
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 09:48 am
blacksmithn wrote:
Adopt a lobster?! Shocked

Oh yeah. That's what every woman I've ever met would want...

She may have a sense of humour! and she does like lobsters.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 10:05 am
material girl wrote:

Adopt a lobster in a zoo...

Never heard anything so insane - lobsters aren't animals and they don't have them in zoos - they are for eating plain and simple!

My suggestion - anything particularly special that you two did 20 years ago when you met? Go some one - did something together - I think something that would remind the two of you of something during the year you first met would be nice. Either do or re-create at home if going out is not an option. Even if Wednesday is the actual day - and you would prefer to re-create the night you met (go to the same restaurant/go to the show, whatever) - package it some one - tickets to the show or be creative with an invite on the computer to attend this special event - blah blah.

If at home - say you went to dinner and saw a movie - rent the movie you saw, make the same (if you remember) dinner you had together (although Lobster in my opinion always works!)
0 Replies