the difference between J.R. Ewing and George w. Bush

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 04:45 am
dlowan wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:
Another difference, JR didn't cause the unnecessary deaths of thousands of people.

He would have, too, if they'd made him president.

"If." Did you hear yourself?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 06:10 am
Hmmmmm...perhaps Americans should eschew Texan presidents, and presidents eschew Texas.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 06:38 am
I think we ought to import the next prseident from Australia.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 06:41 am
edgarblythe wrote:
I think we ought to import the next prseident from Australia.

You are MOST welcome to take both our Prime Minister and Treasurer.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 11:14 am
Them's the ones!
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 11:56 am
How about posting one similarity and then giving a concrete example (not an opinion)? And while you're at it, make it your own words, don't just paste in some article.

I await your posts containing everything but an example.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 12:02 pm
Come on , Brandon. Don't make us tell the truth, ie, Bush is a knight in shining armor, who is making the world a better place to live in and we are lying pigs for doubting him. It's more fun to make up these lies and assert they are the truth. It's fun to undermine our nation and open the doors wide to terrorism.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 12:50 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Come on , Brandon. Don't make us tell the truth, ie, Bush is a knight in shining armor, who is making the world a better place to live in and we are lying pigs for doubting him. It's more fun to make up these lies and assert they are the truth. It's fun to undermine our nation and open the doors wide to terrorism.

Translation: You can't give so much as one example. Over and out.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 12:57 pm
They're both drunks.

Oh wait. That's Sue Ellen. Sorry 'bout that.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 01:56 pm
There are no similarities. The J. R. Ewing character was more astute, more articulate and had much more savvy than the knucklehead in the big chair right now. He can't even hold a decent conversation without sounding like an idiot.
Don't you dare sully the memory of J. R. Ewing.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 02:12 pm
the difference between J.R. Ewing and George w. Bush ?......

j.r. could memorize and deliver his lines of b.s. without fumbling about and uhh...... uhh, it's uhh... if ya..uhhh. err.. uhhh.. tirrur ???

j.r. could also properly pronounce common words such as "nuclear".

j.r.'s show was well planned, effective and popular throughout it's long run.

g.w.'s show; sported some damn fine pre-launch trailers, but the writing, acting and production values faded quickly after the pilot, or "inaugural" episode.

been losing market share ever since.

is in danger of a mid-season cancellation despite a green rating from the parent's television council.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 02:28 pm
http://www.u-blog.net/d33m3g/img/maitresofthewar.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 02:33 pm
"With the nice Americans and the naughty Arabs" . . . that's priceless . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 03:42 pm
eoe wrote:
There are no similarities. The J. R. Ewing character was more astute, more articulate and had much more savvy than the knucklehead in the big chair right now. He can't even hold a decent conversation without sounding like an idiot.
Don't you dare sully the memory of J. R. Ewing.

Now, be fair.

JR had all his words written for him.

Oh, wait...so does Bush.

Sorry......
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 08:38 pm
nimh wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
"And Dys sure ain't" refers to the comment that Gabby was acting.

So, are you suggesting that Dys is acting?

Eh, no, you were. (Duh.)

Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Of course not, you are suggesting that Dys is "the real thing:" a southwestern iconoclastic, salt-o-the-earth, modern day prospector.

How can we argue with a Hungarian/Nederlander and his identification of an American icon?

Well, you seem to be convinced that Dys's thing is just an act. Dont take my word for it that you're wrong; ask any of the many A2Kers who met him. (Americans, if that will reassure you.)

Mind you, even without having seen any picture of you and even without any account of any fellow A2Ker ever having met you, I also believe that you are probably as sneering, smug and intolerant person in real life as you make yourself out to be here on the board.

I'm getting the impression you don't like me nimh.

Say it ain't so.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 08:48 pm
I am hopeless on this, since I never once watched Dallas. A girl from my small highschool was a key actress in it. I don't even know, Sue Ellen? Linda Grey was a junior when I was a senior. Or senior when I was a junior.

Well, so, Dallas isn't any fulcrum for me, the show or the place. Though I don't mind reading about the place itself.

On the other hand, I wonder about Linda Grey, girl at my school, how she is doing.

I remember that she was Miss Reingold early on. I didn't know her, not even sure if she was in the year before or after me. At this point, I can imagine she was sort of isolated.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 06:34 am
Razz
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
j.r.'s show was well planned, effective and popular throughout it's long run.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:50 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
The difference between Dyslexia and Gabby Hayes...is?

The hat

http://hoover.archives.gov/exhibits/HollywoodCowboys/sidekicks/GABBY%20HAYES.jpg

Oh yeah?

You get back here you pious candy-ass sidewinder. Ain't no way that nobody is gonna' to leave this town. Hell, I was born here, an' I was raished here, an' dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin bushwackin, hornswaglin, cracker croaker is gonna rouin me biscuit cutter.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 06:18 am
The difference? JR's oil business made money.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 06:33 am
JR's ranch had cattle.

JR. could ride a horse.
0 Replies