SHOULD POLICE AUTO CHASES BE CURTAILED?

Advocate

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 08:38 am
I don't know what the cyclist did to deserve a chase and blockade. But the results were truly catastrophic.

Police chase leads to deadly pileup on Washington's Capital Beltway

Associated Press - May 31, 2007 6:03 AM ET

FORESTVILLE, Md. (AP) - The beltway that rings the nation's capital was closed for several hours last night following a Maryland police chase that led to a deadly pileup.

At least two people were killed and 15 hurt.

Police are blaming a motorcyclist who got away.

The chain reaction crash happened last night when an officer tried to position his car to stop the speeding biker. Instead the biker swerved and sped off, but the officer's car hit a civilian car that then rolled down an embankment into oncoming traffic where five other cars crashed.

Two police officers are among those hurt.

DC travelers can expect delays after this morning's rush hour when police carry out periodic lane closures as they continue their investigation.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 12:54 pm
It's anectdotal, but there are so many such anecdotes.

Car Crashes Through Living Room Wall During Police Chase

By Candace Rondeaux
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, July 29, 2007; Page C04

A Capitol Heights home was severely damaged yesterday when a speeding car smashed through a living room wall while being pursued by police, according to neighbors and Prince George's County police.

About 6:30 a.m., officers were told to be on the lookout for a car that had been seen fleeing the scene of a robbery in the District, near the border of Prince George's, said Lt. April Delabrer, a county police spokeswoman. About three hours later, a patrol officer spotted a car near Marlboro Pike and Nova Avenue that appeared to match the description. The officer tried to stop the car but it sped down Nova, Delabrer said.

Kim Sheppard, who lives in the 600 block of Nova, said she heard sirens and revving engines.

"They were coming fast, and they just went right through the front of the house," she said of the car being pursued.

Sheppard said she saw several officers jump out of their cruisers with guns drawn. The man who apparently drove the car ran, and police shouted orders to stop, Sheppard said.

Police said they took a man into custody shortly afterward. His name was not immediately released. It was not clear last night whether anyone had been charged in the incident.

Several people were in the house at the time of the crash but no one was injured, Delabrer said.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 09:39 am
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following covers a recent police auto chase in my area. The police officer said he heard some noise, which made him feel compelled to chase, at speeds up to 100 mph, another auto. Thus, the officer so chased an auto without even knowing that a crime was committed. The driver of the chased auto was driven to his death.

Police say driver fled, died in crash
Wreck is 2nd of '07 in a chase by Mint Hill officers
MELISSA MANWARE
[email protected]
A driver who was being chased by Mint Hill police died in a fiery wreck Saturday morning in southeast Charlotte, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said.

It's the second time in less than a year that a driver fleeing from Mint Hill police caused a crash. In January, a Charlotte woman was injured when a pickup being chased by police struck her minivan and spun it into the path of a city bus.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police, who are investigating the wreck because it happened in their jurisdiction, said a 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis was speeding and being chased by a Mint Hill officer just after 4 a.m.

The Marquis driver lost control on Margaret Wallace Road, near Sam Newell Road, when the vehicle crossed the center line, slid off the left side of the road and struck a brick neighborhood entrance sign. The car burst into flames and the driver was killed, police said.

Mint Hill police Chief Brian Barnhardt, who was in Kansas City, Mo., on Saturday, said the chase is under investigation. He declined to comment further.

It was not clear why an officer was chasing the car or where the chase began. Officer J. Hatley said Mint Hill police will not release details until Monday.

The name of the driver was not released Saturday because family members had not been notified. The driver was alone in the car, police said.

Most police agencies in the region allow officers to chase someone suspected of a felony but not a misdemeanor. Some, including Charlotte-Mecklenburg police, require the alleged crime to pose a serious danger before beginning a chase.

Mint Hill police officers are allowed to chase suspects at their discretion, though they first must get approval from an on-duty supervisor.

Hatley said the department's pursuit policy was reviewed after the January wreck but was not changed.

The January chase reached 115 mph and covered 14 miles in 40 minutes from Mint Hill to just west of uptown Charlotte. The driver was ultimately arrested and charged with 13 offenses, including reckless driving and possession of a stolen vehicle. Records show the charges are pending in court.

At the time, Barnhardt said his officers acted appropriately. He said the truck was stolen, its driver was suspected in several break-ins, and when an officer approached the vehicle the driver tried to run him down.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 01:01 am
Hi Advocate. It seems I am mellowing towards your perspective. Not that I necessarily agree with it, but that I think it's fair enough that you hold that perspective.

That said,

Quote:
The driver of the chased auto was driven to his death.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 09:25 am
Hi v,

How are things Down Under? A relative recently emigrated to Australia from the UK. The former charged him, as I recall, 35,000 pounds.

I think that my phrasing is justified. When the police pursues someone at speeds of up to 100 mph, the likely outcome is death and/or destruction. While the chase may be justified in some extreme circumstances, it was not in the instant matter. Here, the officer had no knowledge that a crime was committed.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 02:01 pm
Hi Advocate,

I didn't know we charged people to live over here. I hope your relative enjoys it here.

As for the police chases, maybe I should expand on my thinking :

Every decision made by a person has several reasons, and usually several contributing factors. Ultimately, a human must make a decision, and that decision is always his responsibility entirely.

If you disagree with that, that is fine, for you. For me, and I don't mean to insult you by it - I find shifting the blame for ones decisions to be self deceptive - no one can make my decision for me...others can influence me, they can prod me in a direction, they can even coerce me...but in the end it is my decision, and my responsibility to make, and so I accept full responsibility for my actions, for no one else made my decision. If people ask why, then I explain the contributing circumstances, but the decision itself is something only I am responsible for, it is mine alone to make. That same self responsibility I expect of myself, I expect of others, no matter what the circumstances.

Given that, I will never accept that anyone else but the driver fleeing police is responsible for his own decisions.

I do accept that there were contributing circumstances, including among other things, that police continued pursuing him.

Perhaps we can just call it a disagreement Smile
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 03:40 pm
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/12/08/2113461.htm

Quote:
Speed, alcohol implicated in fatal Alice crash: police
Posted Sat Dec 8, 2007 4:48pm AEDT
Updated Sat Dec 8, 2007 4:54pm AEDT

Police say the car rolled after the driver failed to negotiate a left-hand bend. (ABC News)

Video: Police investigate fatal car crash (ABC News) Map: Alice Springs 0870
Northern Territory police say they believe speed, alcohol and lack of seatbelts were factors in a horrific car accident that killed six people in Central Australia last night.

Commander Mark Coffey says police noticed the overcrowded car at an intersection and did a u-turn to follow it with their lights on.

But when police caught up with the car 3 km down the road, it had already crashed, killing all occupants except the driver.

Police say the six people killed are yet to be formally identified, but it is believed they all lived in the area.

"There's four males who died and two females," he said.

"We don't have ages at the moment and we're still trying to confirm the identity of those people.

"We think they're locals from round here but the process needs to go through where they're identified and next of kin are notified."

Commander Coffey says the deaths will be treated as deaths in custody because police were following the car at the time.

"Those people that died were all ejected from the vehicle," he said.

"It appears they were speeding, there was alcohol involved and none were wearing their seatbelts."
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 03:41 pm
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22928386-12377,00.html

Quote:
Two hurt in police pursuit

TWO people are in hospital with serious injuries after the car they were in crashed and burst into flames following a police pursuit that was called off north of Melbourne early today.

The car, travelling south on the Northern Highway between Kilmore and Wallan, ran off the road and rolled then erupted in flames after the driver lost control at Pretty Sally about 2.40am (AEDT) today, Victoria Police said.

"Prior to the collision, the vehicle had been engaged in a police pursuit, which was abandoned after a risk assessment due to high speed,'' a police spokeswoman said.

The male driver was airlifted to The Alfred hospital with life-threatening injuries, while a female passenger was taken by ambulance to the Royal Melbourne hospital with injuries described as serious.

The Northern Highway between Kilmore and Wallan has been closed, and was not expected to be re-opened until 10am today, police said.

The major collision investigation unit and ethical standards department are investigating the circumstances surrounding the crash.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 11:12 pm
Thanks for breathing life into the thread, which deserves to stay alive.

It seems to me that the Alice Springs case involved an auto chase. It is interesting that, in both cases, there was nothing that warranted the chases (e.g., robbery, murder, rape, etc.).

In North Carolina (USA), about two weeks ago, a woman not involved in the auto chase died when the chased vehicle hit her car. This is a pretty typical result of an auto chase, and a reason they should be severely curtailed.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 03:29 am
Hi Advocate,

The thread is an interesting and evocative topic Smile

The Alice Springs one is debatable whether or not it was a pursuit, though it may as well be called one.

As for the 'pursued vehicle' - the vehicle was overlaoded, the driver intoxicated, and apparently already driving at high speed when he drove in the opposite direction past police - it took them 3 km to catch sight of it, where it had already crashed...presuming police reached speeds of 100+ Km/h (about 65+mph), that gives you an idea of the already involved prior to 'pursuit'.

The Melbourn one, the pursuit had been terminated and the accident occurred afterwards. As it doesn't mention a serious offence committed by the offenders (apart from dangerous driving I guess), presumably you are correct regarding only having committed a minor offence.

I posted them both because one happened today and I thought it would go well in this thread, and it reminded me of the Alice accident...and because it is contentious how much police contributed to the accidents, though both involved elements of police pursuit.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 10:01 am
Hi,

I infer that you believe the police stories. I am dubious of them, having seen, in my view, the police lie very often in connection with chases.

It does seem to me that the vast majority of chases do not involve serious criminal offenses on behalf of the chased. But, too often, the consequences of the chases are horrific.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 10:08 am
My recollection of the incident erred somewhat. The consequences of the chase, which emanated from alleged erratic driving (how terrible), were even worse than I recalled. Two sisters, not involved in the chase, as well as the man chased, died as a result of it.

MARTHA QUILLIN, Staff Writer
The News & Observer (Raleigh, North Carolina)

A Franklinton police officer and a driver he was chasing were traveling at 90 mph Saturday when the suspect crossed the center line on two-lane U.S. 15 and slammed head-on into another car, the N.C. Highway Patrol said Tuesday. The suspect and a pair of sisters traveling in the other car all died in the crash.

Franklinton police procedures prohibit officers from chasing suspects at speeds exceeding the speed limit by more than 20 mph or at a pace faster than reasonable for existing conditions. The posted speed limit on the highway where the wreck took place is 55 mph.

Officer Mike Dunlap was trying to stop Guy Christopher Ayscue, 38, whom he had seen driving erratically in Franklinton. The 13-minute chase ended 15 miles away when Ayscue attempted to pass two cars in a no-passing zone near the top of a hill.

Ayscue's Pontiac collided with a Kia driven by Linsay Erin Lunsford, 18, and carrying her sister, Maggie Rose Lunsford, 9, of Stem. The Lunsfords' car was traveling at 50 mph, according to the report.

Ayscue's car overturned and came to rest partially in the roadway. Both vehicles caught fire.

Franklinton Police Chief Ray Gilliam said Tuesday afternoon he had not seen the Highway Patrol's report and couldn't comment usefully on it.

"I am somewhat caught off guard," Gilliam said. "It is disheartening to find out this information, which puts a little twist on things. I am therefore seeking the counsel of my town attorney so I can respond."

Efforts to reach Dunlap failed. Town Attorney Mitch Styers said he had not seen the report and could not comment.

The Highway Patrol has completed its investigation and has said no charges will be filed in the crash.

Town officials are continuing their inquiry to determine whether Dunlap followed procedures and whether those need to be revised. In the meantime, he is on administrative leave.

Dunlap slowed and swerved to avoid the wreck. He was traveling at 70 mph when his car went off the right side of the highway north of Creedmoor, crossed a driveway and spun around in the front yard of a home. Lt. Everett Clendenin, spokesman for the patrol, said investigators determined Dunlap traveled 297 feet after his car left the pavement.

He was not injured.

The Granville County Sheriff's Office sent an officer to try to intercept Ayscue, according to William Wheeler, the county's 911 director. Two state troopers also were en route at the time of the wreck, according to Wheeler.

Dunlap has been with the Franklinton Police Department for less than two years. Before coming to Franklinton, he worked for the Apex Police Department.

Noelle Talley, spokeswoman for the N.C. Attorney General's Office, said the N.C. Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission had no record of problems with Dunlap.

Ayscue, 38, has a criminal record spanning at least 20 years, with more than a half-dozen charges of driving while impaired. Until a toxicology report is complete, investigators will not know whether alcohol or drugs were a factor in Saturday's wreck. In August, Ayscue was charged with speeding in Vance County and was scheduled to appear in court in January.

A funeral for Linsay and Maggie Lunsford is planned for 7 tonight at Mount Energy Elementary School in Creedmoor.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 03:22 pm
Hi,

Quote:
I infer that you believe the police stories. I am dubious of them, having seen, in my view, the police lie very often in connection with chases.

Well, there's a few issues here. For both accounts :

All police radio communications is recorded, so there's one method of accountability.

For the Alice one - story isn't quite clear, but it was a set of traffic lights that police did the U-turn at…there would most likely have been witnesses to the start of this. There will undoubtably be a Coronial Inquest (there is one into all deaths involving pursuits in Australia), so I doubt that any police officer would be silly enough to lie about it, knowing that there will be both a coronial inquest and likely witnesses.
Third, depending on where it happened (it isn't clear), there is probably witnesses to the accident as well.

So do I believe the police story? It seems more than likely true.

The Melbourne one. It's a major city. There are the recorded radio communications, there will be the coronial inquest, and there is more than likely a witness to the accident - if so there would be witnesses if police pursued the driver until they crashed. In Queensland, once a pursuit is terminated, the crew must wait at the termination site for a senior officer to arrive - I'm not sure if the same happens in Victoria (State where Melbourne is located).

So yes, the police version seems more than likely to be true.

Quote:
It does seem to me that the vast majority of chases do not involve serious criminal offenses on behalf of the chased. But, too often, the consequences of the chases are horrific.

I wonder what percentage of pursuits end in serious injury/fatal accidents? Do you have any stats? (I can't find any)

Quote:
My recollection of the incident erred somewhat. The consequences of the chase, which emanated from alleged erratic driving (how terrible), were even worse than I recalled. Two sisters, not involved in the chase, as well as the man chased, died as a result of it.

The death of any innocent person is a tragedy.

...it is also possible that the erratic driving could have ended up killing themselves anyway, or worse, someone else. Then police would have been faced with a lawsuit for failing in their duty to the public.

The article doesn't say how bad the erratic driving was, but it does say the following :

Quote:
Ayscue, 38, has a criminal record spanning at least 20 years, with more than a half-dozen charges of driving while impaired.

and

Quote:
The Granville County Sheriff's Office sent an officer to try to intercept Ayscue, according to William Wheeler, the county's 911 director. Two state troopers also were en route at the time of the wreck, according to Wheeler.

and in relation to the officers conduct :

Quote:
The Highway Patrol has completed its investigation and has said no charges will be filed in the crash.
and another about an ongoing investigation. Of course, police investigation into police conduct involving death isn't a good thing for accountability.

Basically I would withhold my opinion on it, until ...hmmm, do you have coronial inquests over there for deaths stemming from police pursuits?

As I've previously said, I'm all for accountability, and tight guidelines on police pursuits.

On the flip side, this would have to be monitored against the drawbacks : I imagine that if police have an open policy of not pursuing without knowing a serious offence has been committed, then any wanted person, any person with stolen goods, any person with illegal firearms…any person with any evidence of any serious criminal offenses whatsoever…will never get pulled over - as they only have to speed away from police and they will never get caught (while driving at least). Of course, there is a possibility it wouldn't work out that way - but it does seems likely.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 03:31 pm
The radio messages may have been lies. An officer may have said he was following when, in fact, he was pursuing at high speed.

Earlier in the thread, I included a very complete study conducted by the state of Indiana.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 03:50 pm
Quote:
The radio messages may have been lies. An officer may have said he was following when, in fact, he was pursuing at high speed.

That is always a possibility.

I recall one incident about 7 years ago I think, where a police pursuit on a highway that lasted a few hundred kilometres resulted in the death of the offender. I don't recall the speeds that were called, but I do recall that when they measured the distance over time, the speeds were considerably higher than those which were called. Unfortunately it's too many years ago for me to recall exactly what happened to the police officers involved.

Of course radio is only one method, and I guess like the above event, timing of calls becomes important. Then as I said previously, there is the matter of independant witnesses, if they can be found, or should step forward.

I imagine, if they were pursuing, that there may also be a matter of tyre marks.

You may be right Advocate, there may be more to it, or you may be entirely wrong. It's impossible to tell completely, we weren't there. One can only say 'this seems more likely' or 'that seems more likely'.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 05:47 pm
Thanks for having an open mind. Did you look at the Indiana study?
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 06:56 pm
Advocate wrote:
Thanks for having an open mind.

You're welcome.

Advocate wrote:
Did you look at the Indiana study?

I had a look for it again and still couldn't find a link to it. I mentioned that in an earlier post Smile

Advocate wrote:

We disagree. BTW, did you see info on the Indiana study covered earlier in this thread. I recall that it contradicts you relative to innocent people getting hurt. Moreover, I see this in the news about every other week.

vikorr wrote:
As I can't find the particular post you are referring to, can you link it, or at least give me the
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 10:05 am
v, here is a copy of a prior post from me.

Set, here are some stats that will just kill you. Please note that there is injury or death in one of five chases, and property damage in one of three chases.

Are police chases worth dying for?
Restrictions would give suspects a green light to flee, many officers say. But 86 Indiana deaths in 11 years have spurred calls for stricter policies.
Multimedia

By Eunice Trotter, Tom Spalding and Mark Nichols
[email protected]
Originally published May 22, 2005

As they drove to a Chinese buffet dinner on a rainy Saturday evening, 27-year-old Tameka Anthony leaned over from the passenger seat in her fiance's car and pecked Luther Page on the lips. "I love you," she said.

In the path of a police chase: Tameka Anthony and her son, Charles Griffin Jr., were in this car, on their way to a restaurant for dinner in April 2002, when a motorist fleeing police smashed into them at 80 mph. Both were killed. Fire personnel worked to free a person trapped. - Matt Kryger / The Star 2002 file photo

Moments later, as the couple and Anthony's 9-year-old son were turning left into the parking lot from Arlington Avenue, their lives collided with an 80 mph police pursuit of a suspect fleeing a traffic stop that evening in 2002.
The intoxicated driver smashed into the passenger side of the couple's car. Anthony and her son were killed. Page is permanently disabled.
Across Indiana and the nation, people like Anthony and her son have died when their paths have crossed a police chase that had nothing to do with them.
They are people like 7-month-old Nathanael Bublitz, who wouldn't stop crying as the family headed home from late-night church services in 1997. His 28-year-old mother, Rebekah, unbuckled her seat belt to pull him into her lap from his car seat as the family drove on I-465, her husband at the wheel. A man fleeing police at 100 mph weaved to avoid a tire deflation device and slammed into the Bublitz van. Mother and infant were propelled through the windshield. The baby died instantly; the mother, eight days later.
And they are like Marian W. Woempner, 78, who was driving to church with her husband, Robert, 82, last October. An Indianapolis Housing Agency police car, joining a chase as it was ending, sped through a red light at Emerson and Edgewood avenues and hit the Woempners' car, killing the woman.
An analysis by The Indianapolis Star of 947 police pursuits in Indiana from 2003 and 2004 shows police are virtually unrestricted when they chase suspects. They pursue fleeing vehicles at high speeds and usually for traffic infractions, according to The Star's examination of reports from the Indianapolis Police Department, the Marion County Sheriff's Department and the Indiana State Police.
At least 86 people -- bystanders, suspects and law enforcement officers -- died as the result of police pursuits in Indiana from 1993 through 2003, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Twenty-five of them were bystanders not involved in the chase. Nationally, 3,877 were killed during the same period, 1,251 of them not a part of the pursuit.
Reports of the 947 chases analyzed by The Star show that police:
• Initiated pursuits that ended with at least one injury or death in one of five cases. A third of the chases resulted in property damage.
• Chased motorists at speeds ranging from 10 to more than 170 mph. IPD averaged 57 mph, the Sheriff's Department 64 mph and State Police 88 mph. State Police in August 2003 chased a motorcyclist for 11 miles on I-69 near Fort Wayne at speeds of more than 170 mph. Fort Wayne police joined in, but the suspect got away.
• Often were chasing for relatively minor infractions. Almost three out of four chases were prompted by a traffic violation -- mostly speeding, expired plates or erratic driving -- or a "suspicious" vehicle or occupant. In the first three months of this year, IPD reported 66 chases. Eight out of 10 stemmed from traffic violations.
In several states, police departments have severely restricted chasing suspects to only the most serious offenses. Under a year-old regulation, police in Orlando, Fla., must turn off their lights and sirens, stop their vehicles and turn around when motorists don't stop. Police departments in Baltimore, Columbus, Ohio, and Memphis, Tenn., also have curtailed police pursuits.
"High-speed vehicle pursuits are possibly the most dangerous of all police activities," according to a Philadelphia Police Department policy that limits chases.
Police agencies in Central Indiana say they need to be able to chase anyone they choose under any conditions.
"As a department, we're not going to allow people to believe we're not going to chase them," said Marion County Sheriff's Col. Kerry J. Forestal. He said deputies should continue to pursue vehicles that don't stop, even for minor traffic violations.
"This department is not ready to not chase someone because it's (a) traffic (violation). . . .Yes, they ran the red light, but did they hit and kill somebody before they ran the light? We need to stop them and find out what they're fleeing for."
To Indiana State Police Deputy Superintendent Danny East, "fleeing is a clue." The person running might have committed other crimes.
"The traffic stops our people make have produced (evidence of) criminal activity," East said. "And we know that when we do pull somebody over on a traffic violation and they start to flee, that heightens our awareness there is probably suspected criminal activity."
Forestal said deputies do not want to chase. "But if (a suspect) is running, we can't assume the only violation is the broken taillight. There could be someone in the trunk."
But usually there is no serious crime.
In only a handful of 947 cases -- about 3 percent -- did the suspect face criminal charges for violent felonies after the chase, according to The Star's analysis. Nearly a third of those stopped faced traffic-related charges, while the most frequent charge was resisting arrest, which grew out of the chase itself.
However, police say they do discover felonies as a result of otherwise routine stops and pursuits.
IPD Chief Michael T. Spears, whose department conducted an average of four chases a week during the two-year period reviewed, recalled police chasing a stolen-vehicle suspect in 2002. When the van finally was stopped after going the wrong way on I-70 and running over a tire-deflation device, police found a friend of the suspect's shot in the head and dead in the back, according to reports at the time. In a 1998 case, police chased a suspect on the Westside of Indianapolis into Speedway after he carjacked a woman and her three children.
Blaming police

Page, who lost his fiancee a few months before they were to be married, said he blames IPD and 19-year-old Nathanial Williams, who was drunk and running from a traffic stop. He also lost his fiancee's son, 9-year-old Charles Griffin Jr.
Williams now is serving a 20-year prison sentence for drunken driving, fleeing police and causing the deaths.
"My argument is, if police had never chased him, he would not have hit my car, and my family would still be alive," Page said. "I often think I would have been married by now. My life would have been different."
Page sued Williams and won a $1.3 million judgment. But he doubts he will ever collect. Williams had no car insurance. Page probably would not have won a suit against the Police Department because police have immunity under state law that says they cannot be held liable for properly doing their job.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 01:29 am
Thanks for the repost.

Now I know why I didn't see it...I was looking for a study, but it reads more like a newspaper article Embarrassed
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 09:03 am
The paper did a STUDY. Moreover, I believe the state also did one, but I didn't want to search further.
0 Replies