Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 08:06 am
So what do you like in a bachelor/bachelorette party?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 969 • Replies: 17
No top replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 08:39 am
Re: Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties
jpinMilwaukee wrote:

The lack of my presence.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 09:04 am
I think that makes one vote for Other.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 09:11 am
Try to get whoever's getting married in big trouble.

Last bachelor party consisted of a cookout, limo, strip club, dance club, then a semi-fight outside. The bachelor ended up with a broken toe from falling out of the limo.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 10:01 am
I'm with joefromchicago.

Ritual debauchery doesn't appeal to me.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 10:24 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Try to get whoever's getting married in big trouble.

Last bachelor party consisted of a cookout, limo, strip club, dance club, then a semi-fight outside. The bachelor ended up with a broken toe from falling out of the limo.

Sounds like a couple that I have been to. What is it about drinking and naked girls that makes men want to punch eachother?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 10:26 am
So far we have two official votes for Drinking Dancing and Flirting and two non-offical "other" votes from Joe and Noddy.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 10:29 am
My "other" vote = not me there
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 10:34 am
Another "not me there"...
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 10:44 am
Alright... 2 more others and we got our first offical "who cares as long as there are stripper"... fess up people.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 10:46 am
Book the strippers and send me an invite - the remainining debauchery will follow of its own accord, and whats a guys-only bash without a punch or two getting thrown? Long as no shots are fired, in anger anyhow, no significant property damage ensues, and no charges are filed, its all good fun Mr. Green

Oh .... and cameras generally are a bad idea - should be discouraged.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 10:49 am
Re: Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties
joefromchicago wrote:
jpinMilwaukee wrote:

The lack of my presence.

yep, I never understood the appeal.

On the other hand, while in New Orleans a year ago, Mr B and I were enjoying a late dinner at a nice restaurant. Half the room was taken up by a long empty table set up with about 20 chairs. The rest of the room held four other tables, including ours, all occupied by other diners. Twenty guys arrived just as we were waiting for dessert. The group of guys had flown in from all over the country to celebrate a friend's upcoming wedding. The wedding was still a few weeks out (plenty of time to recover), but they had gathered as friends to toast him and spend some time together. They included the rest of the room in their celebration and we all had a wonderful evening.

The same night, after returning to our hotel, we found a very drunk twenty-something guy trying to find his room. He and his friends were also in town for a bachelor party, but in this case the wedding was the next morning. We were staying in an old French Quarter hotel with courtyards, alcoves, and alleys between the various wings. I helped him get to the right side of hotel and went back to our friends in the courtyard. A few minutes later he came back and said he couldn't get into his room and he couldn't find the lobby. I walked him to the lobby and left him in the capable hands of the desk clerk. Less than 10 minutes later he came back to the courtyard and plopped down in a chair with our group. It turned out that although he had found the right room, the key didn't work in the door. They made him a new key and directed him back to his room. Upon opening the door he found his three friends asleep (passed out) on the bed, couch, and floor and a couple girls he'd never seen in his life, but described as severly overweight, butt naked on the bed. He was trying to figure out what to do and where to get some sleep. We were all laughing hysterically at his dilemma when the girls at the next table invited him to come sit with them. We were sure they took good care of him.

I guess my favorite part of bachelor parties is being in New Orleans and watching them unfold.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 10:51 am
The bachelor party I wa sat last Saturday sounds like it was right up you alley then, Timber.

Beer, girls, dildos, I don't know about fights because I had to leave a bit early but the way things were headed I wouldn't be surprised.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 10:53 am
Is this poll considered scientifically valid?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 10:58 am
Yes.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 12:41 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Beer, girls, dildos, I don't know about fights because I had to leave a bit early but the way things were headed I wouldn't be surprised.

Probably fighting over who ended up with the beer, the girls, or the dildos.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 01:06 pm
You're probably right, Joe.

I'm actually really glad I had to leave early... that really isn't my kind of scene. There was a very surreal moment where the bachelor was sitting in a chair, shirt off, chest red from the strippers wailing on him, drunk off his wazzoo, waistband of his underwear tied around his head, there were like 4 or 5 guys standing up around him cheering and wailing and throwing crumpled dollarbills on the dirty bar floor where the strippers were on all fours scrounging up the crumpled dollar bills with dildos hanging out of certain orifices.

I had difficulty deciding which was worse: what people spent money on or what people do for that money... I think it's a toss up.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 03:37 pm
I've never been to one!
We celebrate the farewell of bachelorhood differently in Europe. The couple to be married invites all friends to their house (or bride's house), and upon arrival they smash dishes in front of the door (for better....) and the couple has to clean up the mess together (...and worse)

Then everyone parties together. We call it "Polterabend".

Another custom is, that at the wedding day itself, all male friends of the
groom kidnap the bride and take her to the next pub/bar and whatever
they drink and consume, the groom has to pay - as ransom so to speak.
So it is in his best interest to find his bride as soon as possible.
0 Replies