1001 Culinary Nights for GOD !!!

Kara

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 04:44 pm
Jerry, I'm doing your "cod" recipe with fresh grouper tonight, for our remaining fourteen for dinner. (Will they never go home? AGGGGGH.) We will do the big round cous cous with sauteed shallots, peppers, onions, and we will do a carmelized leek thing if anyone is organized enough to prepare it. A salad, too, if anyone has the strength.

We still have some divine pumpkin ginger mousse left from last night and a whole trifle untouched. The ice cream is all gone, of course, with teen agers among the crowd. This has been fun

but
I
am
needing
some
sleep.................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 04:49 pm
Excellent Kara!!
Hope you had a great thanksgiving,..we did here!! Very Happy

Hope you get some rest,..I just got the last of our fifteen guests on the road,...am posting from bed now!!! Laughing
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 09:02 am
Jerry, we too put the last of our houseguests on the road. I am sitting amidst the litter of four days, and I may never again find some of my dishes, glasses, and pots, but I appreciate the help I got with prep and clean up.

The fresh grouper fixed a la Jerry was outstanding and received cheers from the group. I fixed it ahead up to the oven-blast step, left the baking sheets sit at room temp for an hour, then hit them with the heat just before plating.

My foodie son did the leeks, parboiling for about five mins, then draining, and sauteed in butter toward the end, just until there were some blackened edges, a final touch of Sherry vinegar. This was the best dish of the meal, to my mind. Of course, I am a leek-freak.

The cous-cous was a winner. No one had experienced the fat cous-cous before, and I got the pasta al dente before we finished it with the sauteed vegs. We had used about 6-7 minced garlic cloves in the dish, which was a pepper-upper for sure. I will do this dish again.

We had a few unopened bottles of La Mission Haut Brion left from Thursday, then we poured domaine de la Janasse for the heavy drinkers who kept going. LOL. We were all too tired to drink much so everything remained quite civilized until someone broke out Balderdash. I crept away to bed but kept hearing sounds of hilarity that accompanied some of the siller definitions. A good time was had by all.

I hope everyone had as good a Thanksgiving weekend as we did!
Laughing
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 11:52 pm
what happens if my idea isn't
up to snuff
you know, the old man doesn't
like it, or it gives him gas,
or worse yet, diarrhea
oh my god, this
is unnerving
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 09:25 am
Gas, Hash !

GoD doesn't get bowel aches.

It's one of the perks of the job.

An unexpected perk for me is Crete. Seems, GoDs looking up an old pal named Zeus, and I'm cooking the juicy goose.
0 Replies