Why Do They Want To Kill Us?

candidone1

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 09:21 am
I believe he was talking to me.
The reason the analogy is grossly inadequate is because it suggests that the behaviors and foreign policy objectives in the middle east are as benign as a woman wearing a mini skirt.

The author of this analogy believes that the US has absolutely no part, no accountability and no ownership whatsoever in the levels and degrees of anti-Americanism in the region.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 12:04 pm
Well, if he was talking to you, I still think he was very wrong for doing it. I don't see the necessity to demean others like that. Laughing

I guess he was talking to Nickfun since it is Nick's quote there. I didn't see that (oops!) But still Brandon, calling anyone stupid is out of line in my opinion. :wink:
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 12:04 pm
Maybe a good follow up question would be, "why are most americans ignorant as to why people in certain places around the world would have any negative feelings about the US?" it seems many do not know, do not care to know, or have grown up their entire lives blissfully ignorant of the long, dark history of an oppressive foreign policy that continues to this day. many are not aware of our almost 20 billion dollar per year arms sales, our maintaining 200+ military bases around the world (even though there only purpose was to counter the soviets in the cold war), aggresively using force and the threat of force to maintain influence in global affairs, the creation and use of such entities as the world bank and the IMF to "influence" the economic and political processes of other nations.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 02:52 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
What the heck is your problem, Brandon? Shocked I'm stupid? Shocked What are you talking about? Shocked I stated IN MY OPINION why I felt THEY wanted to kill us. I never said it was the only reason or the exact reason, etc.

I'm stupid????? Shocked

Not you. Read my post again. I'm on your side.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 02:53 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
Well, if he was talking to you, I still think he was very wrong for doing it. I don't see the necessity to demean others like that. Laughing

I guess he was talking to Nickfun since it is Nick's quote there. I didn't see that (oops!) But still Brandon, calling anyone stupid is out of line in my opinion. :wink:

That is very minor by the standard of the insults exchanged here every day, including those directed at me.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 05:32 pm
Brandon,

Yes, I realized that you didn't mean that stupid comment to me and I said oops. I am sorry for accusing you and you didn't say that to me. But, you know me Brandon, I don't like anyone calling anyone names at all. I realize that it is minor in compariosn Brandon, but I still think you are above that kind of thing. Laughing
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 06:11 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
Brandon,

Yes, I realized that you didn't mean that stupid comment to me and I said oops. I am sorry for accusing you and you didn't say that to me. But, you know me Brandon, I don't like anyone calling anyone names at all. I realize that it is minor in compariosn Brandon, but I still think you are above that kind of thing. Laughing

Don't criticize me for a post that includes one insult, when posts by other people that consist of nothing but several insults are so prevalent here. Enforcement of the TOS here is a joke, to say the least.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 08:02 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
So, if I am reading you correctly freedom4free, it's our own fault the Islamists want to kill us? Shocked

Really? To me, that's kind of on the same level as the woman deserved to be raped because she wore a mini-skirt. Rolling Eyes

It is my opinion the Islamists want to kill us because they consider us infidels because we do not worship their god Allah. They would have us a completely Islam nation much as some think the very same thing of Christians. Plain and simple.

You got it about right.

Many liberal minds are apparently minds full of guilt. Guilt over what I'm not sure, but perhaps because they have too much money handed to them on a silver platter, life is too easy, things are too good. Why else would most hollywooders all be leftists? But please liberals, if you must blame yourself and us and the country, please leave the rest of us out of it. I don't feel I ever did anything bad to the people that hate us and are trying to kill us. And I don't think they have any right to do it, and I think we have every right to defend ourselves.
0 Replies