Possum R Fartbubble says he is not.

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 03:22 pm
A sympathizer of the murderous Slammite IslamoFascist Communist Liberal Party. Can we believe him?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,746 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 03:26 pm
I think we can, given that the available evidence is that PRFB is not in contact with any other member of the human race . . .
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 03:26 pm
How can you believe anything Mr. Fartbubble says, given his refusal to answer questions as to his whereabouts in the fall of 1983?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 03:31 pm
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 03:31 pm
patiodog wrote:
How can you believe anything Mr. Fartbubble says, given his refusal to answer questions as to his whereabouts in the fall of 1983?

There was a fall of 1983?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 03:33 pm
Yes. Visigoths got to it.

1985 rose from its ashes. The mythos surrounding the entirely fictional 1984 has become so strong that most believe it actualy existed, but, of course, it did not.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 03:34 pm
That was a truly breath-taking bit of satire, OE . . . i clicked on the last post, and read Dys' last post, and then worked upward. I actually thought i was reading a PRFB post, until i saw your screen name . . . truly a tour de force, Boss . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 03:36 pm
old europe wrote:
The cowboyhatwearing Mr. Dyslexia says

A SYMPATHIZER OF THE MURDEROUS SLAMMITE ISLAMOFASCIST COMMUNIST LIBERAL PARTY. CAN WE BELIEVE HIM?

end of quote

Mr. Dyslexia does obviously not know of the well-known scholar Catherine P. F. d’Erlette, who is an expert on this topic.

Her report FEMINISM, NEOSEMIOTIC RATIONALISM AND CULTURAL THEORY states, quote

“Sexual identity is fundamentally used in the service of class divisions,” says Sontag. The subject is contextualised into a presemanticist narrative that includes sexuality as a totality. However, Dahmus[1] implies that we have to choose between the semioticist paradigm of expression and postcapitalist textual theory.

THE PRIMARY THEME OF THE WORKS OF GAIMAN IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TRUTH AND CLASS. A NUMBER OF THEORIES CONCERNING THE COLLAPSE, AND SOME WOULD SAY THE PARADIGM, OF PRECULTURAL REALITY MAY BE REVEALED. IN A SENSE, MARX USES THE TERM ‘THE STRUCTURALIST PARADIGM OF CONSENSUS’ TO DENOTE A NEOCULTURAL WHOLE.

“Class is part of the absurdity of art,” says Sartre; however, according to Sargeant[2] , it is not so much class that is part of the absurdity of art, but rather the dialectic of class. If the semioticist paradigm of expression holds, we have to choose between neosemiotic rationalism and Batailleist `powerful communication’. However, constructive narrative states that sexuality serves to reinforce capitalism.

Baudrillard uses the term ‘presemanticist narrative’ to denote not situationism, but presituationism. It could be said that the premise of neosemiotic rationalism implies that context is created by the collective unconscious.

FINNIS[3] HOLDS THAT WE HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN PRECAPITALIST NATIONALISM AND TEXTUAL POSTMATERIALIST THEORY. BUT THE MAIN THEME OF VON JUNZ’S[4] ESSAY ON PRESEMANTICIST NARRATIVE IS THE DIALECTIC, AND SUBSEQUENT MEANINGLESSNESS, OF NEOTEXTUAL SEXUAL IDENTITY.

If neosemiotic rationalism holds, we have to choose between the semioticist paradigm of expression and capitalist Marxism. It could be said that in Vineland, Pynchon affirms prepatriarchial cultural theory; in Gravity’s Rainbow, although, he analyses neosemiotic rationalism.

LACAN PROMOTES THE USE OF PRESEMANTICIST NARRATIVE TO ATTACK CLASS. BUT MARX USES THE TERM ‘NEOSEMIOTIC RATIONALISM’ TO DENOTE A SELF-FALSIFYING PARADOX.

Lyotard suggests the use of the semioticist paradigm of expression to deconstruct sexism. Therefore, the subject is interpolated into a neosemiotic rationalism that includes truth as a whole.

Chew on this from the Department of Future Studies, Miskatonic University, Arkham, Mass., Mr. Dyslexia!!!!

Well done!
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 03:42 pm
Heheheheeee....

Anyways, credit where credit is due:

Quote:
The essay you have just seen is completely meaningless and was randomly generated by the Postmodernism Generator. To generate another essay, follow this link.

Actually, I'd guess that PRFB is using some version of it....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 03:52 pm
Allow me to really frighten you, OE--i happen to know from more than five years experience, beginning from a time before this site existed, that what Bernard posts is the real deal. What you see is what you get with that old boy . . .
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 04:17 pm
So, this thread was created to demean a single user on A2K?

How wonderfully mature. (by that I mean grow the **** up. If you don't like what a poster says, ignore them. If you are offended, report them to the moderators, but doing something like this is something a high school dickwad would do. Oh, wait, I forgot who has started this thread and who participated in it.)

Carry on.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 04:18 pm
I bend my knee to you OE... that was great.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 05:00 pm
In fact, the member in question demeans itself every time it puts its fat little fingers on the keyboard . . . we just came here to enjoy the entertainment value . . .
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 05:12 pm
McGentrix wrote:
So, this thread was created to demean a single user on A2K?

How wonderfully mature. (by that I mean grow the **** up. If you don't like what a poster says, ignore them. If you are offended, report them to the moderators, but doing something like this is something a high school dickwad would do. Oh, wait, I forgot who has started this thread and who participated in it.)

Carry on.

Actually McG I didn't think you would catch on that this thread was created about you, I assumed you would think it was about some other dickwad.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 05:16 pm
the thing I like most about A2K is the fact that it is a veritable smorgasborg of dickwads.... hell I'm a dickwad myself if you talk to the right people.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 05:18 pm
old europe wrote:
Heheheheeee....

Anyways, credit where credit is due:

Quote:
The essay you have just seen is completely meaningless and was randomly generated by the Postmodernism Generator. To generate another essay, follow this link.

Actually, I'd guess that PRFB is using some version of it....

Thank chr*st for that, I thought you people were just too clever or obscure for me...but it was a machine. Phew.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 09:43 am
A great tribute to an absolutely crackers guy! I love the way he lays into a poster, with his best Capt. Huffnstuff diction only to have the 'victim' of his lashing respond by correcting the never correct bernie/massa with the real identity of the writer!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 10:02 am
Dys
BRAVO!

BBB
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 10:51 am
Let me set this up: When David Letterman shows a rather standard picture of Osama with (I believe) now deceased fellow runner, Letterman identifies the other man as "Osama's little friend, the blind sheik." That's one image.

The second image is the popular cartoon, Yogi Bear with his little friend, BooBoo.

Which pair more closely resembles the Possum and his friend from the Sooner State?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 09:32 am
Remember when he wrote on abuzz that his real name was Michael Massagatto? How many googled that name?
0 Replies