Why Did We Not Hear About This In 2005?

DrewDad

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 02:26 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
I win.

Prove that there's something to win. Or else I win.

You misquoted him:

Brandon9000 wrote:
I whine.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 02:56 pm
You know, there might be something to the allegation that Bush uses terrorist threats to manipulate the populace:

Chart of Bush Poll Numbers and Issuance of Alerts

Article That Cites Chart of Akert

Mother Jones
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 03:34 pm
Re: Why Did We Not Hear About This In 2005?
Brandon9000 wrote:
Dookiestix wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Dookiestix wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
...I realize that the foiled terrorist plot may have been real but I lament the fact that the seeds of cynicism and doubt have been planted in soooooo many peoples minds by this administration.

You mean by yourself.

No, by the Bush Administration. They always do this when their numbers are down.

I doubt this is going to care the roughly 60% of Americans who want out of Iraq.

So, according to you, the bomb plot was invented by the British and American governments for political reasons?

You are factually incorrect, not that you care. Whatever the Bush administration did or didn't do, you and your ilk have planted the seeds of cynicism and doubt with your incessant accusations, predictions of failure, and conspiracy theories.

That explains why most Americans don't trust the GOP's sorry ass to protect them anymore. Blaming it on my "ilk" is like the Republicans blaming everybody else for their corruption.

Christ, you guys get more delusional with each passing day...

Rolling Eyes

Name one and only one delusion that we guys have, and please be specific.

that you matter?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 03:35 pm
McGentrix wrote:
I believe we have all lost by having to read this conversation.

which makes yu a loser?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 04:54 pm
squinney wrote:
You know, there might be something to the allegation that Bush uses terrorist threats to manipulate the populace:

Chart of Bush Poll Numbers and Issuance of Alerts

Article That Cites Chart of Akert

Mother Jones

Today, we have Chertoff and Bush and Cheney hitting the news cycle. The media will pick it up tonight as a lead story.

When's the last time we saw Chertoff? He'll start getting himself in front of the cameras with increasing frequency. Fox will run with this one for days. Anonymous administration sources will keep pumping it until they feel a new bit of juice is needed. It's the way they play the game.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 10:45 pm
DrewDad wrote:
I'm beginning to think Brandon's funnybone has collapsed into a singularity.

Actually, I've always thought that; I've just now decided to express it.

Yes, trying to change the subject is probably your best bet.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 10:50 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
I win.

Prove that there's something to win. Or else I win.

Sure. Doogiestix said:

Quote:
you guys get more delusional with each passing day...

I asked him to give an example of one of our delusions, and he didn't. Drewdad said that our belief that we're not delusional is an example of one of our delusions. Obviously this doesn't count as an example of a conservative delusion. Since a claim was made, an example was requested, and no example was given, the claim is refuted within the context of this debate. In other words, I win. Whenever someone taking part in a debate makes a claim, and then is unable or unwilling to substantiate it with an example, his viewpoint is defeated from a debating standpoint.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 01:32 am
Brandon wrote:

Whenever someone taking part in a debate makes a claim, and then is unable or unwilling to substantiate it with an example, his viewpoint is defeated from a debating standpoint.
end of quote--
I totally agree but those who read the posts carefully will note that most of the left wing are skilled in avoiding any contact with facts that are detrimental to their arguments. They avoid them at all costs. That is why I have to go back to excise certain paragraphs to remind the left wing that they did NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION!!
0 Replies