Why Did We Not Hear About This In 2005?

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 05:32 am
Things are always quiet in off election years and then we have an onslaught of foiled terrorist attempts and boogey men as we run up to elections.... odd that.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/10/us.security/index.html

I realize that the foiled terrorist plot may have been real but I lament the fact that the seeds of cynicism and doubt have been planted in soooooo many peoples minds by this administration.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,068 • Replies: 27
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 05:40 am
Re: Why Did We Not Hear About This In 2005?
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
...I realize that the foiled terrorist plot may have been real but I lament the fact that the seeds of cynicism and doubt have been planted in soooooo many peoples minds by this administration.

You mean by yourself.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 05:55 am
ho hum brandon.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 05:57 am
This brilliant post from Democratic Underground. Laughing

Quote:
a thought here.... Updated at 2:39 AM

all the carry ons..add weight to a flight ..more weight.. more fuel consumed..

now with BP oil shut down..could Blair being holding back fuel for the british airlines..and US carriers..in preperation for a air strike on Iran?

i believe Blair shut down the oil fields of BP to reserve oil..in case of a oil shortage in the event of air strikes on Iran!

think about it..its a self imposed reserve of oil...

fly

Moonbat Central
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 06:01 am
although I don't believe that to be the case BrandX were I to learn it was true it wouldn't surprise me and that's a pity.

I wonder how many people would not find it unreasonable that politicians and big business were interested only in advancing their wealth and power with little thought to how it effected their fellow citizens i.e. Joe Lunchbox and Suzy Soccer Mom?

We have learned this..... and it sucks.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 08:10 am
We can count on the promotion of fear once again as the election draws close. True stories, false stories, old stories...whatever it takes. That's the theme and Rove said it is and its precisely what he did last time.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 10:32 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
...I realize that the foiled terrorist plot may have been real but I lament the fact that the seeds of cynicism and doubt have been planted in soooooo many peoples minds by this administration.

You mean by yourself.

No, by the Bush Administration. They always do this when their numbers are down.

I doubt this is going to care the roughly 60% of Americans who want out of Iraq.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 10:39 am
So far the US position is to raise the alerts at airports and at the same time saying no immediate threat is known... which seems reasonable and nothing resembling a scare tactic.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 10:45 am
Brand X wrote:
So far the US position is to raise the alerts at airports and at the same time saying no immediate threat is known... which seems reasonable and nothing resembling a scare tactic.

It's all in the timing...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 10:57 am
The hard-line militarists in this country support the hard-line militarists in al Queda. And vice versa.

They lean on each other like two drunks.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 11:27 am
Dookiestix wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

You mean by yourself.

No, by the Bush Administration. They always do this when their numbers are down.

I doubt this is going to care the roughly 60% of Americans who want out of Iraq.

So, according to you, the bomb plot was invented by the British and American governments for political reasons?

You are factually incorrect, not that you care. Whatever the Bush administration did or didn't do, you and your ilk have planted the seeds of cynicism and doubt with your incessant accusations, predictions of failure, and conspiracy theories.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 12:41 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Dookiestix wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

You mean by yourself.

So, according to you, the bomb plot was invented by the British and American governments for political reasons?

You are factually incorrect, not that you care. Whatever the Bush administration did or didn't do, you and your ilk have planted the seeds of cynicism and doubt with your incessant accusations, predictions of failure, and conspiracy theories.

That explains why most Americans don't trust the GOP's sorry ass to protect them anymore. Blaming it on my "ilk" is like the Republicans blaming everybody else for their corruption.

Christ, you guys get more delusional with each passing day...

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 12:57 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Dookiestix wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

You mean by yourself.

That explains why most Americans don't trust the GOP's sorry ass to protect them anymore. Blaming it on my "ilk" is like the Republicans blaming everybody else for their corruption.

Christ, you guys get more delusional with each passing day...

Rolling Eyes

Name one and only one delusion that we guys have, and please be specific.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 01:47 pm
Your continued belief that you aren't delusional.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 01:52 pm
DrewDad wrote:

In other words, you confess that you can give no such example. I win.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 01:53 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
DrewDad wrote:

Your answer, of course, means that DrewDad wins....
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 01:59 pm
old europe wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
DrewDad wrote:

Your answer, of course, means that DrewDad wins....

No, in the world of debate, a person who is asked to give an example to substantiate a claim that's been made (in this case by Doogiestix), and subsequently shows that he cannot give such an example loses.

What exactly do you mean when you state that inability to provide an example to substantiate a claim makes one the winner? Fascinating that you give no clue as to the basis for your statement. I am tempted to regard your statement as equivalent to a child's, "No I'm not, you are."
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 02:19 pm
I'm beginning to think Brandon's funnybone has collapsed into a singularity.

Actually, I've always thought that; I've just now decided to express it.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 02:20 pm
I believe we have all lost by having to read this conversation.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 02:23 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
I win.

Prove that there's something to win. Or else I win.
0 Replies