Please help me :( ...

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 06:44 pm
hi everbody
i need to make a summary but you know i still have some problems about english and so i cant make it Sad and i just have mostly 3 hours Sad
can anyone make a half page summary Sad ?

this is the article...

--

Feminists argue that girls are ignored in the classroom and so deserve extensive help. Kleinfeld, a psychologist at the University of Alaska, disagrees and says, "The idea that the `schools shortchange girls'" is "dangerously wrong" She rebuts the feminists' claims:Girls don't do as well in the classroom as boys. True, the sexes differ in performance. More high achievers tend to be boys, but so are most of the kids who get in trouble. Boys do somewhat better in math and science, girls better in reading and writing. But the differences are small. According to the National Assessment of Educational Progress, on a 500-point scale, male high school seniors score an average of five points higher on math tests and eight points higher on science tests, while females score 15 points higher in reading and 17 points higher in writing.Teachers call on boys more than girls. The evidence shows no pattern favoring boys in the classroom. Some surveys find boys called on more, others report the opposite.Girls suffer from a lack of self-esteem. Self-esteem is difficult to measure, and teenage self-esteem is often based on appearance, weight, and other things unrelated to academic success. Besides, there is no self-esteem crisis: A 1997 Commonwealth Fund survey found that over 85 percent of boys and girls both "strongly" or "somewhat" agreed with the statements, "I feel I am a person of worth," "I feel I have a number of good qualities" and "I am able to do things as well as most other people"Kleinfeld also objects that feminists who claim girls are the primary victims in the classroom are silent about the problems of African-American boys: "The focus on promoting female success gives the schools an excuse for ignoring their gravest failure with minority boys."

--
thanks a lot ...

if you make this summary please send to [email protected]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,151 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Turkish-Chick

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 06:59 pm
Crying or Very sad pleaseeeeeee Crying or Very sad

i know i exaggerated Very Happy

but understand me it is really important.. Sad
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 07:02 pm
What will the summary be used for?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 07:03 pm
How about if you make an attempt to write the summary and then I'll help you edit it.
0 Replies

Turkish-Chick

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 07:06 pm
Butrflynet wrote:
What will the summary be used for?

for my friend..
it is 4:00a.m in Turkey and he just have 3 hours.. at 7o'clock he has to have it Sad
i guess he needs it for class..
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 07:08 pm
Ok, get to working on a summary then post it and I'll help you edit it.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 07:09 pm
I'm with Butrflynet ~ you write the summary and we'll edit.
0 Replies

Turkish-Chick

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 07:16 pm
i am working on this for almost 1hour How am i gonna start ? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 07:17 pm
Just start.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 07:17 pm
The article makes the following points:

0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 07:49 pm
How goes the summary, Turkish-Chick? I'm going to log off in about 15 minutes so you need to post it before then if you want help with the editing.
0 Replies

Turkish-Chick

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 07:54 pm
Oh thank you very much Smile i made it already Smile and one of my friends just checked.. there is not any mistakes..
Smile thanks again...
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 07:56 pm
Congrats! How about posting what you wrote here? It is a great subject for discussion.
0 Replies