deprovera..enough already!

Fl Girl

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 02:55 pm
I been on depo for seven years, with some side effects, but none to complain about since it was nice not getting a period for all that time, but I had my last shot in december 2005, and still haven't had a period, but I feel like I've been ovulating for a month straight.. lots of cramps, bloating, headaches, and I'm tired all the time even though I get enough rest. I know it takes some time to concieve after going off depo, but does that mean the same goes for starting menstrating again? And my cramps are killing me! Can anyone give me some advice?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 705 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 05:04 am
Go back to the doctor (if you haven't already) and tell them all your symptoms. I'm no medical expert but that just doesn't seem right at all.

x
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 07:14 am
Unfortunatly, many of the side effects last even after the last shot.

Quote:

For some women, Depo-Provera may have a number of potentially intolerable side effects, including loss of interest in sexual activity, infertility, severe headaches, constant bleeding (metrorrhagia), weight gain, panic attacks, muscle pain, heart palpitations, pain during sex, and acne. Side effects of Depo-Provera may persist up to 24 months after the last injection.

Depo

Depo is an awful form of birth control and I can't believe doctors still prescribe it.
0 Replies

Fl Girl

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 07:19 am
yeah! depo sucks
Thanks for the tips ladies, I will follow up with my dr. soon, but you want to hear a funny little story...when I started depo seven years ago my dr. (which i've changed) told me of a few side effects that came with depo #1 begin osteoperosis, little or no periods, back or leg pain, and that it could take up to a year to get prego after I stopped taking it, but nothing about weight gain. Then I was only about 135lbs. At my next visit following my very first shot I asked my dr. about my weight, I had put on about 20lbs in that time (3 months) and she replied..." you just have happy fat" since it was two months before I got married. And it wasn't till many lbs and years later I found out that depo makes you FAT! I am now just at 200 and fighting everyday to get the weight off. That dr. was a dum dum!
And I quote " I will never touch the stuff again!" Very Happy
0 Replies

MsSunderland

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 10:24 pm
I have been on Depo for like 3 years and at first it was good...no symptoms or pain or abnormal bleeding. so im going off the depo cause it decrease your bone mass density...and unless you can induce a lot of dairy products then your ok...but i cant...another reason im going off is cause i do want to have kids someday soon. Oh ya, not to mention that even with the shot i still get my period and it actually stays for a month...the doctor says thats normal but i dont think it is. my mom was on it too and she never had anything like that happen to her. Each person reacts differently to each prescription and i think my body is starting to reject it. As for your cramps and whatnot, i recommend that you talk to a doctor and force them to tell you all the side affects and all that other garbage that goes with it. I personally agree with you that depo is the worst form of birth control ever made. Hope that helps you.
0 Replies