Why Are Americans So Angry?

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 02:47 pm
Let us jump forward to May 16, 2007. George W Bush's approval rating has plummeted to an all-time low, so low as to barely register as a positive. Further research proves that, actually, there is only one person left in the country who believes in Bush. And that person is Brandon.

George takes time from cutting his brush to personally thank Brandon for his unwavering support...

http://www.gorskys.com.au/images/alien-meets-bush.jpg

As George's hand touches Brandon's, Brandon feels a stirring in his loin.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 03:09 pm
McGentrix wrote:
I wish people would stop using wikipedia as a reference.

I wish people would stop using the excuse that it's the wealth of information that's making Americans angry.

Americans see the direction this country is heading, and they don't necessarilyy need a plethora of internet newsrooms and blogs to figure that one out. One can merely look at their paycheck as it fails to keep up with the cost-of-living index's to realize that the middle class are getting squeezed dry by the richest Americans in this country. Americans' are also smart enough to know when Republicans (once again) force Democrats to vote down a minimum wage increase as a result of them slipping in a cut in the estate tax, only to then come up with a completely bullsh!t excuse as to why Dems voted against the Bill by accusing them of not caring for the Middleclass and hard working Americans.

This is what makes me very angry, and it's making ALOT of Americans angry right now.

Americans see the growing deaths of innocent civilians and U.S. soldiers, and for what? They are asking that more and more each day. That was a major point in the aforementioned article. And many Americans will suffer their own abject denial in order to deal with the reality of the situation, which is basically that we send our sons and daughters overseas to die over nothing.

Such cataclysmic revelations would spell certain doom for the collective mood in this country...

http://blogs.salon.com/0004742/images/alienS.jpg

George Bush sure is proud of his unwavering supporters, ain't he? Laughing
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 04:26 pm
Wow. Way to not understand a word I said.

I did not say people were angry because of the wealth of information. I said that we know they are angry because of the wealth of information. 15 years ago, I didn't know that some nutcase in SF was angry about what ever they were angry about. I had no idea because that information wasn't available to me.

Americans have been upset since the country has been founded. One of the things that makes it a great country is that no one is satisfied and they believe it can be better.

I still don't care, but I know about it. And, so does the media and they report on it now...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 04:26 pm
Oh, By the way, I fixed that wikipedia article.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 04:53 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Wow. Way to not understand a word I said.

I did not say people were angry because of the wealth of information. I said that we know they are angry because of the wealth of information. 15 years ago, I didn't know that some nutcase in SF was angry about what ever they were angry about. I had no idea because that information wasn't available to me.

Americans have been upset since the country has been founded. One of the things that makes it a great country is that no one is satisfied and they believe it can be better.

I still don't care, but I know about it. And, so does the media and they report on it now...

Polling has been around much longer than the explosion of the internet and websites like Wikipedia.com (I fixed it, too). Immediately after 9/11, George W. Bush had a 90% approval rating, and the world was on our side. Today makes that seem like a distant memory.

No wonder Americans are p*ssed off now. The fact that we know about it due to a wealth of information is erroneous. We all hated Nixon and the Vietnam war enough to have wanted him out of office. Fortunately for the welfare of the country, he resigned instead. How little we knew then, yet how much we all felt about the direction of the country.

I'm still trying to figure out what the nutcases in the Heartland are angry about. Perhaps you can enlighten me... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 05:17 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Let us jump forward to May 16, 2007. George W Bush's approval rating has plummeted to an all-time low, so low as to barely register as a positive. Further research proves that, actually, there is only one person left in the country who believes in Bush. And that person is Brandon.

George takes time from cutting his brush to personally thank Brandon for his unwavering support...

http://www.gorskys.com.au/images/alien-meets-bush.jpg

As George's hand touches Brandon's, Brandon feels a stirring in his loin.

Well Gus, I was going to blame angry Americans on erectile dysfunction, but if George Bush can cure that in Brandon, anything is possible. But, ol' George had better keep his damned hands to himself in my neighborhood. We got us enough of those preachers laying hands on people 'round these parts. Er, people's parts, that is.
0 Replies