Coloring my hair for the first time

ehBeth

Thu 28 Jun, 2007 11:09 am
Chai's right. Feria's just the best.

Tried it when I went brilliant red a coupla months ago (before I had Maddy put hi/lo-lites in). The stuff's amazing.

I bought a few boxes of different reds to play with in the autumn.

Feria. It's the best.
0 Replies

Montana

Thu 28 Jun, 2007 04:38 pm
NickFun wrote:
Some guys are into clowns. She might look really sexy to someone...somewhere. Montana! Have you dyed yet? Or are you still waiting to dye?

I've used temporary colors so far and am waiting until the grey is bad enough to go for a permenant.
I'm still trying to find out which colors look best also before I take the dive Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Thu 28 Jun, 2007 04:41 pm
eoe wrote:
I've got an appt. with my colorist tomorrow. Can't wait.
But we're still chasing the color she created for me last year. Stupid girl didn't write down the formula.

Shocked Some day I'm gonna have me a colorist ;-)

Good luck tomorrow and have fun. I always loved having my hair and nails done. I miss those days.

Some day..... Cool
0 Replies

Montana

Thu 28 Jun, 2007 04:42 pm
ehBeth wrote:

Tried it when I went brilliant red a coupla months ago (before I had Maddy put hi/lo-lites in). The stuff's amazing.

Feria. It's the best.

Well, since I trust you guys, I think I'm going to give it a try when that daring day comes.

I'm scared to death Shocked
0 Replies

eoe

Thu 28 Jun, 2007 05:09 pm
Montana wrote:
ehBeth wrote:

Feria. It's the best.

Well, since I trust you guys, I think I'm going to give it a try when that daring day comes.

I'm scared to death Shocked

Why? It's only hair. You can get scalped and it'll grow back. Right?
0 Replies

Montana

Thu 28 Jun, 2007 05:17 pm
True, true, but I'm still scardy cat Laughing
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Thu 28 Jun, 2007 05:22 pm
Woah, I can't believe I read ten pages of this thread...

Now I know what to do when I get middle aged ... and female
0 Replies

Montana

Thu 28 Jun, 2007 05:35 pm
Who you callin middle aged Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

mikey

Thu 28 Jun, 2007 06:12 pm
i think women with greying hair are pretty sexy all in all.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 28 Jun, 2007 06:54 pm
Coolwhip wrote:
Now I know what to do when I get middle aged ... and female

why wait?

for either
0 Replies

Chai

Thu 28 Jun, 2007 07:32 pm
Chai wrote:
That's the funny thing about dying your hair...at first you're afraid, thinking "OMG, what will it turn out like"....after a while, you're like "Oh, what the hell, let's give this one a whirl"

here we go...found a good picture...I've been the first 3 reds on the bottom row, right now I'm the 3rd one down the row, 56.

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/681/feriared3dr.jpg

heh, at coolwhips inspiration, I went back and looked at the first 10 pages.

Since then, I've gone even darker with my color, to #41, crushed garnet.

Actually, the picture, the 3rd from the right, bottom row, doesn't really show the color that well.

To me, it looks just like a rich mahogeny wood. When I told my husband it looked mahogeny, he started calling me Diana Ross. Rolling Eyes

It actually does look garnet, which is the origin for the word pomegranate.
0 Replies

NickFun

Thu 28 Jun, 2007 08:23 pm
None of those colors look natural! I'd rather be grey!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Thu 28 Jun, 2007 08:23 pm
How come no #69?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 28 Jun, 2007 08:38 pm
NickFun wrote:
None of those colors look natural!

what the hell would be the point of that?

I used to go to a salon where the owner would say (every single bleeping time I told the colorist what I wanted down): You know that won't look very natural.

Hey genius, that's why I'm colouring it. If I wanted it to look natural, I wouldn't be colouring it. Sheesh.
0 Replies

margo

Thu 28 Jun, 2007 10:02 pm
I started to go grey before I was 21.

Now I'm 22 and a bit (quite a bit, really!) (well - a great number of bits!) - and mostly grey. I'm not old enough to be grey!

Hair colour is good! Just now I'm a sort of reddish-brown - just a bit lighter than my own (limited remaining) colour. Shocked
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Fri 29 Jun, 2007 04:11 am
I'm all for the whole "grow old with dignity" idea, but I see no harm in women who colour their hair because they are gray at an early age. It's sort of worse for men who completely loose their hair at an early age. Other than spay-painting your scalp there isn't much to do about it Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 29 Jun, 2007 05:02 am
Coolwhip wrote:
but I see no harm in women who colour their hair because they are gray at an early age.

what about men or women who are colouring their hair because they want to - no grey on the horizon?
0 Replies

Chai

Fri 29 Jun, 2007 05:24 am
well nick and coolwhip...

good thing I'm not dying my hair to please you, isn't it?

:wink:

for all those who advocate going gray naturally, fine. When you go gray, have at it.

cj....actually, that's how I'd remember what color to get if I happened to buy another brand...for a while when I used 66....I'd remember, "It's a little devilish" and know to get a color in the mid 60's...there is one brand that does have a 69, too bright.

Actually, when I dropped down to the 56 color, it looked really natural....Like I said above, the 41 doesn't look right in the picture, but it honestly is this warm natural look on my head, a warm rich mahogany that makes you want to run your fingers through it.

****, if I was at an age where I wasn't out in the professional workforce, I'd be dying my hair blue, green, purple. If I was to retire tomorrow I might just do it then.

It's just hair for Gods sake, it grows out and you cut it off. I personally wonder about people who get inked and have to look at it the rest of their lives, short of getting lasers to get it off. Yeah, that's REAL natural.... Rolling Eyes

You two are just fuddy duddies....
0 Replies

Montana

Fri 29 Jun, 2007 07:32 am
Laughing 66 looks like it would be a good place to start when I find the guts to do it.

I still have that last box of temporary color to do first and then we'll see if I'm still a chicken **** Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Fri 29 Jun, 2007 07:35 am
Actually, now that I look again, I may start with 56.