Strawberry blonde turned orange. Help?

Mon 29 Sep, 2014 09:00 am
I was originally a dark strawberry blonde. (had henna in my hair for years and a few months ago began lightening it) Last night I used a (i think it was loreal preference?) hair dye meant to turn dark hair to blonde. Now my head is a light orange! Now this has kind of happened before.. I bleached my bright red hair a long time ago and bright orange was the result. I used ash blonde dye to counteract it and it worked in fixing it but it turned out an ash brown. Should I do this again? The only issue is the goal that I wanted was to have a natural looking blonde hair with lavender highlights. How can I get a natural blonde from this? And soon! As in like today, not over time... Also don't suggest going to a hair dresser because it's not going to happen.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,335 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

Mrs Stevenson

Tue 3 Nov, 2015 12:16 pm
@emilybea,
Sounds like you need a toner. Toners normally have a violet, silver or ash tone which will kill off the orange tone. If ur using box colours try an ash blonde. It's a common problem so don't panic xxx all the best hun
Iteachsped

Sat 21 Nov, 2015 10:14 pm
@Mrs Stevenson ,
Go to a beauty supply store and get a toner or color corrector. These are usually purplish in color. Combine it with a developer (the clerks can help you choose what you need) and use as directed. It generally works really well and is actually cheaper than buying the box kits at Wal-Mart.
0 Replies

Annon

Thu 6 Jun, 2019 08:35 am
@emilybea,
Definitely go get a toner. Purple toners are for yellow in hair and blue is for orange.
0 Replies