REPENT!!! THE END IS HERE????

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 02:14 pm
Run your mouth how you will, nasty little cat--the fact remains that you have been known to lie. For the record, i did not call Fox a liar. I did state that i believe that she is an inveterate liar, because whenever she spouts horseshit such as she did about the First Nicene Council and the Council of Trent, and gets called on it, she claims she has made a special study of the subject at hand, or claims that she teaches it. This time, she has claimed both. Given how poorly she understands that significance of either council, the only two reasonable conclusions are either that she is lying, or that she is not qualified to teach what she claims to teach.

Put a sock in your own big, dribbling mouth, nasty cat--your are known to be a liar, and none of your idiocy can disguise that.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 02:17 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Have you considered that the 144,000 is a symbolic number? I realize that some say that there will be 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel, but I do not believe that it is only those from the tribes of Israel that will have a place in heaven.

Intrepid,

There are those that do believe that only THEE 144,000 will be the ones going to heaven. I'm not one of them. I believe there will be many Jews that will convert to Christianity. I have considered the number to be symbolic as I have considered it is possible that the 144,000 are Jews that evangelize, but of course, I don't know this for sure. It is just one of the possibilities I have read about.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 02:23 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Have you considered that the 144,000 is a symbolic number? I realize that some say that there will be 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel, but I do not believe that it is only those from the tribes of Israel that will have a place in heaven.

Intrepid,

There are those that do believe that only THEE 144,000 will be the ones going to heaven. I'm not one of them. I believe there will be many Jews that will convert to Christianity. I have considered the number to be symbolic as I have considered it is possible that the 144,000 are Jews that evangelize, but of course, I don't know this for sure. It is just one of the possibilities I have read about.

Given your interpretation, unless you are a converted Jew you will not be one of the 144,000. Might as well give up and live your life like Setanta and those who laugh at Christians. Then again.......
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 02:25 pm
Given, you mealy mouthed creep, that you don't know how i live my life, you might keep your witless advice to yourself.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 02:27 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Arella Mae wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Intrepid,

Given your interpretation, unless you are a converted Jew you will not be one of the 144,000. Might as well give up and live your life like Setanta and those who laugh at Christians. Then again.......

Well.......unless these 144000 are the remnant left behind after the Rapture and their mission is to give everybody else a chance to repent and get right before they end. They get stuck going through the tribulation, Armageddon, and all, but their eternal future will be secure. The rest of us just have to watch. Geez, I don't know which would be tougher.
0 Replies

Setanta

And by the way, i don't laugh at Christians. I do laugh uproariously, though, at the witless assertions which many who claim to be Christians make--folks like you are quite entertaining.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Intrepid Wrote:

Quote:

I guess I didn't make myself clear, Intrepid. Sorry about that. I am not saying there will only be 144,000 Jews converted to Christianity. I am saying I have heard that of the Jews that convert 144,000 will evangelize worldwide.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Setanta wrote:
Given, you mealy mouthed creep, that you don't know how i live my life, you might keep your witless advice to yourself.

Are we having a bad day? Never been called a mealy mouthed creep before. Laughing

So, Setanta, what do you feel about the 144,00, repentance and your chances at everlasting life?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 02:32 pm
I'm not having a bad day--in fact, i'm having quite an entertaining time. When you make mealy-mouthed, snotty remarks about others, you needn't expect that it will go by without comment.

I consider that the contention about 144,000 "Saints" (which was the term originally used for those whose salvation was considered assured) is yet another example of how rarely thought is actively employed by those who make religious pronouncements. At a minimum, there have been several billion Christians (at least so self-professed) since the term was coined. So, if the 144,000 number is correct, not even a small fraction of one percent of all the Christians who have lived will ever get the opportunity to spend eternity singing the praises of the puerile celestial ego-maniac. Odds like that don't sugges that the practice of Christianity would do any particular individual much good.

One would think, though, that Old Nick must be kept constantly busy finding places for the billions upon billions of the condemned who are constantly arriving at the gates of Hell.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 02:36 pm
Setanta wrote:
And by the way, i don't laugh at Christians. I do laugh uproariously, though, at the witless assertions which many who claim to be Christians make--folks like you are quite entertaining.

Hmm, I wonder why any intelligent person would bother to acknowledge posts by those who make witless assertions. Must not have anything to fulfill their life. It is sad, really, to entertain such a sorrowful thought.
Such a person probably responds out of ignorance, lonliness, a longing to join in or a need to assert an unproven superiority.

Hopefull, it is to learn from the many Christians that include such persons in their prayers.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 02:40 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Hmm, I wonder why any intelligent person would bother to acknowledge posts by those who make witless assertions. Must not have anything to fulfill their life. It is sad, really, to entertain such a sorrowful thought.
Such a person probably responds out of ignorance, lonliness, a longing to join in or a need to assert an unproven superiority.

Hopefull, it is to learn from the many Christians that include such persons in their prayers.

Whereas it is gratifying to think that anyone would think of me as intelligent, it is not an assertion which i have made myself, so your dimwitted pop psychological assessment is meaningless. You misspelled loneliness, as well as hopeful, which you misused.

You can pray for me to your heart's content. It will mean as much to me as the thought that you might be sticking pins in a voodoo doll.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 02:45 pm
Setanta wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Whereas it is gratifying to think that anyone would think of me as intelligent, it is not an assertion which i have made myself, so your dimwitted pop psychological assessment is meaningless. You misspelled loneliness, as well as hopeful, which you misused.

You can pray for me to your heart's content. It will mean as much to me as the thought that you might be sticking pins in a voodoo doll.

Au contraire, mon ami. I did not actually misspell anything. I purposely spelled it differently to prove a point that has been made many times by me and others. You delight in pointing out spelling (errors ?). You do this when you cannot think of anything pertinent to say and thus resort to childish behaviour. I was hoping that you would not point that out and prove me wrong. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 02:52 pm
I did make a pertinent reply to your question about the 144,000 idiocy--that you have chosen not to respond is no fault of mine.

I don't believe your for a moment about your silly misspellings--rather, i suspect that you, as is the case with MOAN and Fox, are lying. In the case of MOAN and Fox, it seems to be based on an obsessive need to compensate for a poor self-image. What's your excuse?

See how silly your barroom psycho-analysis is?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 03:16 pm
Gag him Setty. GAG HIM!!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 03:19 pm
Matthew 24:42  Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43  But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44  Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
45  Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 03:30 pm
Bob Dylan knows that.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 04:12 pm
spendius wrote:
Bob Dylan knows that.

Laughing
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 10:02 am
Foxfyre wrote:
... I teach comparitive religions ...

I submit that by the evidence such is not the case; what you demonstrate is not teaching but rather is the preaching of a particular religious construct. For one to teach anything in honest, nonpartisan manner, that one must draw upon objective, legitmately authoritative source material, transmitteng therefrom to the target audience a balanced, accurate, non-agendized sum-and-substance precís of the subject at study. Now, while I don't teach comparative religion - in fact I don't much teach anything at all, having neither the patience nor the compassion to perform the excercize meaningfully - I've long studied it, diligently, objectively, and in painstaking depth through post-secondary and into graduate academic setting along with ongoing independent study, theologic, philosophic, and historic. From my point of view, it is difficult to determine whether your demonstrated disingenuousness pertaining to the matter derives from conscious, agenda-driven duplicity or from a mere paucity of knowledge and understanding. In anyevent, the promulgation of misinformation is not teaching, it is, at the most charitable, proselytization, if not outright propagandizing. And BTW - I'm of the broad school which holds that the academically accepted and generally applied course title for the matter here at discussion is "Comparative Religion", in the singular, not, as in your useage, "Comparative Religions", the plural. A pedantic, perhaps even (and if so, admittedly) pedagogic, point to be sure, but a valid, concrete point none the less.

Foxfyre wrote:
There is a difference between 'scripture' and a New Testament.

Yeah ... precisely the same differentiation as may be made between same as between "Novels" and Moby Dick.

Quote:
There is a difference between authoritarian writings and what would be considered 'canonized' as Scripture.

Yeah, sorta; the functional difference is consensus of opinion, and even that is not uniform across the various religions which derive their particular, occasionally conflicting, itterations of "scripture" from the Abrahamic mythopaeia. Not to say, mind you, that the Abrahamics are singular in such respect, far from it - just putting them at the top of the list of those displaying enthusiasm for the practice.

Quote:
There was no full agreement and there has never been full agreement among the Church leaders hten or now as to all the interpretation of the writings and/or which ones deserved to be elevated to the status of Scripture.

Thus unambiguously putting the lie to the notion any one or another anthology of myths, mysteries, morés, aphorisms, fables, parables, hero legends, and assorted other fanciful literary excercizes might represent the immutable, revealed, incontravertable truth of some omnipotent, omniscient, patristic overseer.

Quote:
And as I do not care to exchange insults with any member here, I'll move on until such member, trolls, and children take their naps.

Well, that's up to you, but if you're not going to use 'em, don't leave your binky and your teddy there; pick 'em up and put 'em back in your cubbyhole. And don't wander too far off if you don't wanna miss snack time.

Oh, and Set ... mind the sticks if you would, please; play nice now.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 11:13 am
Quote:
Foxfyre wrote:
... I teach comparitive religions ...

What were the Eleusinian Mysteries all about then Foxy?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 11:13 am
Don't count on it, i'm rather fed up with the superstitious set right now.

In addition to the Big Bird's cogent objections to Fox's silliness is the unavoidable fact that she got her facts wrong with regard to the Council at Nicea and the Council at Trent. If she's not lying about teaching comparative religion, she's stealing her wages as not being competent to teach a subject about which she is patently so ill-informed.
0 Replies