Being a Christian and Drinking

Intrepid

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 09:34 pm
Lash wrote:
The first post did not make that premise clear.

The threadstarter, although he/she clarifies now, said he/she was seeking the opinions of "others".

It was clear to me. Hence, the reason for my post. Perhaps come of us just have better comprehension abilities than others. Laughing
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 09:38 pm
You win the Great Wavy Brain Award for today.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 10:57 pm
Oh whatever. It is my opinion then, that you are being a pompous ass Intrepid. That's what I meant to say.

No dictation, just an opinion.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 06:54 am
What happened to "long standing, respected members" and "respecting my opinion"?
Smile
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 05:50 pm
Oh, that stands. I meant both. Smile
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 11:12 am
http://www.oh100.com/teach/shucaiku/pic/gwmh-0042/big/hug.jpg

Very Happy
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 03:35 pm
I don't believe there is anything wrong with drinking. I do believe there is something wrong with getting drunk as one of the fruits of the spirit is self-control and if you are drunk you have no self-control.

Galations 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

The Bible says do all things in moderation.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 07:49 pm
No it doesn't.

There are plenty of things you can't do at all.

Why do you lie so much about what's in the Bible.

Damn!
0 Replies

Dizzy Delicious

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 08:12 pm
Intrepid wrote:
http://www.oh100.com/teach/shucaiku/pic/gwmh-0042/big/hug.jpg

Very Happy

Does "Baby" have an inflammed thryoid gland?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 08:48 pm
Lessons of humility and moderation in all things.

http://www.newadvent.org/bible/sir011.htm

All things in moderation:

http://www.bcbsr.com/books/ecc7.html

Common sense tells me that the "all things" in moderation, would be the "all things" permissible to do.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 12:44 pm
This was Arella Mae's statement:

"The Bible says do all things in moderation."

It is a declarative statement with no qualifiers.

It is erroneous. It is incorrect. It is a statement that is not true. It is a lie.

The Bible DOES NOT say do all things in moderation.

The first link didn't show any Biblical quote about doing things in moderation. Nor does the second!! WHY did you bring Bible quotes that DIDN'T EVEN ADDRESS THE ISSUE???

Show the Bible quote that says it's ok to do all things in moderation.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 11:25 pm
Arella, you can engage this person in her kind of back-and-forth, or...

For the same effect, you can just go into your bathroom, speak some heartfelt words in the direction of the toilet, and then flush.

I'd suggest the latter - save time, and the reply you get would make more sense, and smell better.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 03:14 am
Or, she could make statements that aren't so easily found to be wrong, or she could defend her own statements.

If you would like me to follow you around these pages and make similar comments each time you disagree with someone, that can be arranged.

It's purposeful stalking, and distasteful to me--but if you are going to stalk me around and insinuate yourself into my exchanges with other people, I may as well show you how to do it effectively.

You won't like it. Once I get going, I don't soon stop.

You decide.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 03:27 am
Hey, easy on snood..
His post may have been inane (as per the usual) but at least it wasn't his standard one liner. That's progress.
<3 snood
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 08:52 am
"I'm warnin ya, snood - don't make me mad - you won't like it if you make me mad..."

TELL me this stuff ain't fun!!! Laughing
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 09:27 am
Mad doesn't apply.

It is surgical intervention.

Let the old broad answer for herself.

If she says she was wrong, that's enough. If she can prove what she said isn't bullshit, I'll have to apologize.

Since we know it IS bullshit, she should just admit it.

But, we know she won't. She'll continue to wiggle around and obfuscate, and lie and dodge. And, I'll bring attention to it.

How does it involve you?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 09:38 am
Oh, am I interrupting another bout of your harassment of Arella? So rude of me. Harass on....
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 09:45 am
If she answers, instead of all her crazy shenanigans, it is all over...until she makes some incorrect statement about the Bible again.

Mayhap she should check her statements for veracity before claiming them, or either learn to defend them.

Then, it wouldn't be harassment, it'd be debate. It wouldn't be nearly as drawn out. She can't seem to give a straight, honest answer.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 11:13 am
Snood,

And I do mean Snood because I am not addressing my what I am beginning to feel like is a "stalker." but, I did want to explain how I feel the Bible does teach (which is probably the word I should have used in the first place) to do all things in moderation. I wasn't going to address it at all as long as no one else posted anything, but since you have entered into the conversation I will tell you what I meant.

I will admit that my words "The Bible says do all things in moderation" should have been phrased differently because there is no actual verse that actually says that. However, I do find that the Bible teaches that concept and I posted references to back that up.

I do appreciate your trying to intervene on my behalf with "her" but please don't waste your breath or time. It's obvious to me and I would imagine to most everyone else that she has a real "hate on" for me and is not going to let it go. She is getting increasingly nastier with her posts and I usually just ignore them now.

She is not willing to forgive and forget or just live and let live. So be it. She's the one drinking the poison and expecting someone else to die.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 11:37 am
Lash wrote:
This was Arella Mae's statement:

"The Bible says do all things in moderation."

It is a declarative statement with no qualifiers.

It is erroneous. It is incorrect. It is a statement that is not true. It is a lie.

The Bible DOES NOT say do all things in moderation.

The first link didn't show any Biblical quote about doing things in moderation. Nor does the second!! WHY did you bring Bible quotes that DIDN'T EVEN ADDRESS THE ISSUE???

Show the Bible quote that says it's ok to do all things in moderation.

It is too bad that your obvious and obsessive dislike for Arella Mae overshadows all reason and rational. It seems that you were expecting her comment to be a direct quote from the bible with chapter and verse. Well, the bible does teach that things should be in moderation. The bible doesn't use the particular word, moderation, very much. Are you looking for the word or for what is expected of believing Christians.

Since you pretended to be a Christian, for a short while, in order to try to gain the trust of those you would later attack and since you have continued this attack for several months.....you obviously do not understand what moderation is.

I can show you an instance of moderation being used in the bible. I wonder what you will toss back about that?

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.
5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

You can look at the 4th verse, but I suggest you pay particular attention to the 8th. You can look at 9 too, if you like.
0 Replies