Son I've Been Advised By My Campaign Manager....

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 02:52 pm
she's lookin' good these days -- all growed up.

http://z.about.com/f/wiki/e/en/thumb/f/f2/Reuters-clinton-chelsea.png/170px-Reuters-clinton-chelsea.png

she was born in 1980, so the earliest she could run is 2016...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 02:55 pm
That's the best photo I've seen of her.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 03:07 pm
McGentrix's boy comes back from the Middle East 20 year war a decorated hero.... and enters political life by becoming Chelsea Clintons' campaign manager.... devises a successful anti war, alternative energy isolationist platform for her that gives a bigger landslide than Ronald Reagan. McGentrix has stroke when old "I'll support my boy in whatever he does" A2K post makes cover of Time magazine.......

NOW THAT'S HUMOUR!!!!! Laughing
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 04:38 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
If you look closely, except for Bear's joke, most of the comments were aimed at politicians in general, not McCain's son.

I was addressing the theme of this thread. This thread would not have been written if McCain's son hadn't been in the news about going into the Marines.

Besides, just because one of the local wanna be comedians thinks something is funny, doesn't mean it is. This was a particularly stupid thing to make a joke about, but I understand that A2K is the sort of place where holding anything sacred is sort of quaint.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 04:54 pm
It is a variation of a joke commonly told the world over. Not really a thing to get our panties bunched.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 05:39 pm
snood wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:
If you look closely, except for Bear's joke, most of the comments were aimed at politicians in general, not McCain's son.

I was addressing the theme of this thread. This thread would not have been written if McCain's son hadn't been in the news about going into the Marines.

Thank you Captain Obvious...

Besides, just because one of the local wanna be comedians thinks something is funny, doesn't mean it is. This was a particularly stupid thing to make a joke about, but I understand that A2K is the sort of place where holding anything sacred is sort of quaint.
[/b][/color]

Didn't mean to offend your high toned sense of propriety while you were posting about putting a slug between the eyes of Hillary and Condi there Church Lady. Laughing

and just because you suddenly fancy yourself the black Jiminy Cricket doesn't mean you are...... Jesus Christ Snood, get off your high horse... that's not like you.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 05:52 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
snood wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

Thank you Captain Obvious...

[/b][/color]

Didn't mean to offend your high toned sense of propriety while you were posting about putting a slug between the eyes of Hillary and Condi there Church Lady. Laughing

and just because you suddenly fancy yourself the black Jiminy Cricket doesn't mean you are...... Jesus Christ Snood, get off your high horse... that's not like you.

Not like me? Well, my friend, I got to tell you, once you know a few opeople personally who are over there in that shyt, your reactions to people talking about the soldiers changes, I think.

Forgive me if I spoiled the party, but I didn't think it was funny. I get to disagree, 'member?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 05:57 pm
I know people there and who have been to Nam... had relatives in Nam and there... knew people killed in Nam and there... my father was a Marine .... my Aunt who raised me served in England in WWII.... can I be a member of the holier than thou club now?

And you didn't think it was funny? Damn, you're too subtle... that got right by me. :wink:
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 06:30 pm
Damn, Bear. You may want to get into stand up.

Good material. Laughing
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 09:51 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I know people there and who have been to Nam... had relatives in Nam and there... knew people killed in Nam and there... my father was a Marine .... my Aunt who raised me served in England in WWII.... can I be a member of the holier than thou club now?

And you didn't think it was funny? Damn, you're too subtle... that got right by me. :wink:

You're right, bear - I was taking myself way too seriously. Took a day to add some perspective.

(still didn't get a chuckle from the joke, though- Twisted Evil )
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 05:53 am
snood wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

You're right, bear - I was taking myself way too seriously. Took a day to add some perspective.

(still didn't get a chuckle from the joke, though- Twisted Evil )[/quote

((((((((((((((((((((((BEAR HUG FOR SNOOD)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

disclaimer.. one of them manly bear hugs where we pound each other on the back while we're hugging so people know we ain't queer or nothin'
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 06:45 am
You don't suppose McGentrix's kid would become an intern in Hillary's White House, do you?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 06:47 am
DrewDad wrote:
You don't suppose McGentrix's kid would become an intern in Hillary's White House, do you?

Enough.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 08:33 am
The kid has guts. To join the Marines is to sign up for an unknown job. You don't get to pick what you want to do, they tell you when you are almost done with basic training. If he wanted it easier he could have joined one of the others services and got to pick one. Hats off to him in his choice hope all goes well.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 09:17 am
BBB
McG, wishing your marine son a safe tour of duty.

BBB
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 09:22 am
Re: BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

BBB

My son is 8, not quite ready for the marines yet. I would, however, enjoy the cessation of discussing my children on the internet.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 09:32 am
{Not quite holding in an inappropriate pun about McG's son being eight....}
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 10:31 am
Re: BBB
McGentrix wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

BBB

My son is 8, not quite ready for the marines yet. I would, however, enjoy the cessation of discussing my children on the internet.

no reflection on your child meant McGentrix... just messing with you. It was supposed to be good natured. I'll cease immediately and make a note.
0 Replies